Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ancient Romans had fallen in love with Greece..

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian‏‏‎
    Country
    Italy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,170
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kouros View Post
    Wrong wording, maybe 'invaded' or at least 'peopled' by Celts, Illyrians, Hellenes, Etruscans, etc.
    Illyrians, Greeks, Celts? Lol did you even read my posts? The Romans, at the beginning were Etruscan and Italic: simply do not believe all those who say they were Greeks, Martians or Chinese. With "peopled" I think you are referring to the mass of non-Roman slaves arrived during the Imperial era. You should also keep in mind that at the peak of Roman imperial power in the 2nd century, the population of the city numbered about 1 million people, a size that it never attained again until its becoming the capital of the Republic of Italy in 1946! In the 6th century AD Rome had only about 50,000 people and it was most likely resttled by other central Italians and Tuscans. Even the modern Roman dialect underwent starting with the 16th century, a stronger and stronger influence from the Tuscan dialect (from which modern Italian derives) starting with the reigns of the two Medici popes (Leo X and Clement VII) and with the Sack of Rome in 1527, two events which provoked a large immigration from Tuscany.

Kouros

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeje Brazorf View Post
    Illyrians, Greeks, Celts? Lol did you even read my posts? The Romans, at the beginning were Etruscan and Italic: simply do not believe all those who say they were Greeks, Martians or Chinese. With "peopled" I think you are referring to the mass of non-Roman slaves arrived during the Imperial era. You should also keep in mind that at the peak of Roman imperial power in the 2nd century, the population of the city numbered about 1 million people, a size that it never attained again until its becoming the capital of the Republic of Italy in 1946! In the 6th century AD Rome had only about 50,000 people and it was most likely resttled by other central Italians and Tuscans. Even the modern Roman dialect underwent starting with the 16th century, a stronger and stronger influence from the Tuscan dialect (from which modern Italian derives) starting with the reigns of the two Medici popes (Leo X and Clement VII) and with the Sack of Rome in 1527, two events which provoked a large immigration from Tuscany.
    Just a couple things I think you/I misunderstood. First, I'm not referring to slaves, I'm referring to indo-European (and non-indo-European) tribes that settled in the peninsula through invasion, like everywhere else in Europe. Latins and Etruscans included. Lastly, the Romans 'at the beginning' were only Latins, not Etruscans. And it's wrong also to generalize them as 'Italic', when Latins were the only Italic tribe that participated in the development of Rome. When I mention Illyrians and Greeks I'm referring to Magna Graecia and the Messapians.

Why do you think I would believe Raine's conspiracy theories? Not in a million years.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kouros View Post
    Why do you think I would believe Raine's conspiracy theories? Not in a million years.
    You don’t have a clue what history is. All I have said come from historical texts. What have Roman and Greek historians have written are not conspiracy theories but historical facts confirmed by other independent historians who formed the historical consensus. It is you that have to provide just one source that confirms your grand conspiracy theory that all ancient and medieval European history was faked and offer an alternative version of the recorded historical facts.

Kouros

0 Not allowed!

Ortho Alpha Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman Orthodox Christian
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,069
    Given: 14,258

0 Not allowed!

wvwvw
    The Talmud tells us that the only language the Torah could be translated into elegantly is Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Demons don't scare me.
    Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    They should be scared of me.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeje Brazorf View Post
    Lol man wake up...

Europe was populated from 2 directions:

1. Anatolia, Balkan (Greece)

2. Indo-Europeans = Germanic peoples (North Caucasus, Ural Mountains direction)

Nobody else.

Romans came from 1. modern EU mostly from 2.

If I haven't been studying only this subject for Years I would support you.

"Italic" People haven't fell from the skies... they CAME from somewhere.

Rome was mixture of all 1. peoples, and they fought Indo-Europeans many years and lost.

Modern Europe is predominantly Indo-European.

Last Online
    03-02-2024 @ 11:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo neogrecous
    Ethnicity
    Yes
    Country
    Japan
    Region
    Acadia
    mtDNA
    H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

The oldest linages in the Balkans, Greece and Anatolia were the J2 and Ev13 linages. The whole region from the Balkans to Greece to Anatolia must have spoken a Greco-Anatolian language similar to proto-Greek (the one that Minoans spoke).

Then the R1b linage arrived to the Balkans around 5000 years ago and mixed with the already existing linages of J2 and Ev13. This linage split into Hellenes, Illyrians and Romans.

The Romans came to Italy from Illyria in about 1173 BC and thus would have been of the Ev13/J2/R1b mixed linages like the Albanians and Greeks. Presumably R1b was the original linage that settled in Italy sometime around 2500 BC which is the same time they entered the Balkans where they merged with the indigenous J2 and Ev13 linages which were in the Balkans since at least 5000 BC and began speaking Pelasgian Greek (which resulted from the proto-basque language the R1b linage spoke and the proto-Greek (Greco-Anatolian) language that the Ev13 and J2 linages spoke)

The French are almost exclusively R1b. The northern Italians are mostly R1b and J2 and the southern Italians mostly resemble the Greeks being of the Ev13/J2/R1b combination.

Both Northern Italians and Souther Italians are 5-10% of the M201 Caucasian linage which originated from Georgia. The Tyrhennians of Northern Italy according to Herodotus were Carian colonists who settled there in 1600 BC. This explains the presence of the J2 DNA linage to the extent of 14%.

The presence of the G Caucasian linage is because the Colchians (Georgians) settled in Italy in 1246 BC which is recorded by Apollonius.

Pausanias [viii.41.1] says Evander from Pallantion in Arkadia Greece colonized Rome about sixty years before the fall of Troy. Aeneas (or Ainaias in Pausanias), about whom the Aenead was written, sailed from Troy after its fall to (what later became known as) Rome. Since the Arkadians were also early settlers of Troy, it would be reasonable to suggest that Aeneas joined his compatriot in Rome.

The Romans themselves recognized Pallantion in Arkadia as playing a significant role in their early history. After all, they believed that the Paladion was named after Pallantion, so much so that they exempted Pallantion from Roman taxes under several emperors. And if you read very closely you will find that Troy was settled by the Arkadians, and that it was they who bilt the walls of Troy. Another part of the equation is that in the Iliad, Zeus Lyceon was on the side of the Trojans and Zeus was born in Arkadia.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kamisama
    Ethnicity
    20% Orcadian, 20% Pacific Ocean mermaid/Laputa, 20% Irish Sun Kamisama, 20% Venetian cosmos Kamisama
    Ancestry
    Kamisama
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Kamisama
    Hero
    神様はじめました
    Religion
    Anime
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,246