-
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 148

1 Not allowed!

Default A question¡

Is there a difference between Germans in Germany in general. Do others tend to look down on others from different regions?
    And if so, who got the better position?

Last Online
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Märkisch
    Ethnicity
    eastern german
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Brandenburg
    Politics
    Schabernack
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 81

1 Not allowed!

every region will tell you a different story but its mostly differences between north/south and west/east. south germans will look down on others because they have more money, west germany will look down on east germany because they are more western, east germany will look down on west germany for being more western. I would say the north has the best position cause no one is ever really angry at them, they just do their own thing but it all depends on where you stand.

I think the north/ south divide is the most overlooked one, north as in low german speaking areas, south as in basically the rest except for some middle german places that can qualify for either side. low german areas all share very similar dialects, often quite similar culture and history too. Low german even used to be the official language of these places, (being so similar to dutch and frisian that you can speak in low german with someone speaking dutch/frisian)

I would say the south is less united like that but im not the one to talk about them, however i will say they just dont have that common origin that northern germany has, i could make some assumptions but i dont want to anger the south germans

Last Online
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,310
    Given: 9,881

2 Not allowed!

Wessi look down on ossi as well or once they called me balkanite.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-20-2024 @ 07:21 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BrandenburgGaming View Post
    every region will tell you a different story but its mostly differences between north/south and west/east. south germans will look down on others because they have more money, west germany will look down on east germany because they are more western, east germany will look down on west germany for being more western. I would say the north has the best position cause no one is ever really angry at them, they just do their own thing but it all depends on where you stand.

I think the north/ south divide is the most overlooked one, north as in low german speaking areas, south as in basically the rest except for some middle german places that can qualify for either side. low german areas all share very similar dialects, often quite similar culture and history too. Low german even used to be the official language of these places, (being so similar to dutch and frisian that you can speak in low german with someone speaking dutch/frisian)

I would say the south is less united like that but im not the one to talk about them, however i will say they just dont have that common origin that northern germany has, i could make some assumptions but i dont want to anger the south germans
    That's a pretty solid explanation, thanks, man. I do agree with what you say, especially everyone thing on his own. But do you think there's an actual scale going around in Germany?

For instance, what do you think about Eastern Germans?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Wessi look down on ossi as well or once they called me balkanite.
    Who got the higher position? Have Scandinavians settled down in Eastern Germany at some point in history?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Sorry, didn't check your ancestry lol. I apologize. What do you think about Western Germans?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Märkisch
    Ethnicity
    eastern german
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Brandenburg
    Politics
    Schabernack
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fares112358 View Post
    That's a pretty solid explanation, thanks, man. I do agree with what you say, especially everyone thing on his own. But do you think there's an actual scale going around in Germany?

For instance, what do you think about Eastern Germans?
    scale goes towards the south, there you will earn the most money, there are the most job opportunities and honestly it feels like the south and some west german parts are the only regions that the german state is even working on. In the east if you wanna be someone you gotta go to berlin or maybe leipzig, everything else is just dying out/ moving somewhere else. The further north you go the worse it gets

I like east germans, i feel right at home here and wouldnt want to live anywhere else but i dont like this nihilistic subculture that became a thing here. I cant really describe it, maybe its just a byproduct from the rampant atheism, but some people live too much in the moment here to the point where they become completely carefree (not in a good sense). For the most part these are the GDR-nostalgic leftists and these can be really annoying. Thats just a minority which (at least in my eyes) is getting smaller too, but they give us a bad image

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

scale goes towards the south, there you will earn the most money, there are the most job opportunities and honestly it feels like the south and some west german parts are the only regions that the german state is even working on. In the east if you wanna be someone you gotta go to berlin or maybe leipzig, everything else is just dying out/ moving somewhere else. The further north you go the worse it gets

I like east germans, i feel right at home here and wouldnt want to live anywhere else but i dont like this nihilistic subculture that became a thing here. I cant really describe it, maybe its just a byproduct from the rampant atheism, but some people live too much in the moment here to the point where they become completely carefree (not in a good sense). For the most part these are the GDR-nostalgic leftists and these can be really annoying. Thats just a minority which (at least in my eyes) is getting smaller too, but they give us a bad image
    Thanks again, mate. I appreciate the help on that one. I don't think I can disagree with anything you've said. That'd be my opinion as well. Where do you find Germans with the most Scandinavian ancestry, is it in the north?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Märkisch
    Ethnicity
    eastern german
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Brandenburg
    Politics
    Schabernack
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Sorry, didn't check your ancestry lol. I apologize. What do you think about Western Germans?
    west germans depends, i get along quite well with people from the low german regions, they seem to be more easy to talk to and are generally less strict. south west germans seem alright but i couldnt see myself being able to live there. Kinda same with Bavaria, but there are some regions that arent too different from us. I dont know what it is, but some of them have this stingy strictness about them that i cant seem to get along with

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Märkisch
    Ethnicity
    eastern german
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Brandenburg
    Politics
    Schabernack
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Thanks again, mate. I appreciate the help on that one. I don't think I can disagree with anything you've said. That'd be my opinion as well. Where do you find Germans with the most Scandinavian ancestry, is it in the north?
    probably schleswig holstein as some of them might as well just be danish but there were danes and swedes in mecklenburg vorpommern too

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information