Quote Originally Posted by ChildofMud View Post
No. The idea that certain people are more sensitive to sugars has been known since before WW2. For example, my parents are both in a low-carb diet, with minimal exercise. They don't count calories and they both lost weight and don't need to worry about taking insulin anymore. My mother was obese and my father was only slightly overweight but both benefited from it.

As for age, again you are wrong. Hormonal changes and loss of muscle mass, plus other factors like increase in insulin resistance and metabolic changes really cause people to struggle with change in weight.

There is also how the body reacts to certain foods. Calories from fatty foods will cause people to be full, causing them to eat less. Calories from carbs, especially refined sugars, will cause people to be hungry (less sated), therefore, they eat more. So even taking pure calorie restriction in mind, it's better to eat certain calories as opposed to others.
I think endomorph people have less tolerance to artificial foods/drinks because of it being the archaic or robust somatotype.