Y-DNA
    R-DF27 (R1b1a2a1a2a) R-Y3267
    mtDNA
    H6A1B
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,999
    Given: 10,547

1 Not allowed!

best way to lose weight is high intensity interval training, and weight training

also whilst doing excercise, do it on an empty stomach

your body instead of using sugars or carbs as fuel, will use body fat instead

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Kashubian
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,748
    Given: 915

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mopi View Post
    best way to lose weight is high intensity interval training, and weight training

also whilst doing excercise, do it on an empty stomach

your body instead of using sugars or carbs as fuel, will use body fat instead
    Visceral fat is mostly resistant for interval. That's why training should be combined with simple diet and caloric deficyt.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 07:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian Turk
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,585
    Given: 538

0 Not allowed!

Track what you eat on a daily basis in an app like MyFitnessPall for insight what you eat. Changing what you eat is the most effective way to lose weight and you already mention that you do exercises. What also helps is to drink water like 15 minutes or something before you’re going to eat because it will make you feel fuller. Sometimes the hunger is associated with lack of water.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Ancestry
    NE Europe+Crusader
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    U5b1e
    Taxonomy
    Dalo-Faelid\Sub-Nordid
    Politics
    Phenotype positivity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,095
    Given: 10,128

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by OsricPearl View Post
    I'm older. When people get older, losing weight is much harder. You have to be stricter about things. Goodwill is my friend. I got a bunch fo pants and skirts. I walked in the house and grimly announced I was a size 14/16 now. He promptly made me strawberry milk and made me drink it.

Thank you. Fish is too expensive so we stay away from it. I eat a lot of chicken. We use olive oil to cook and I like pepper. ^_^

I've cut way back from breads and junk food. But if you can believe it, my husband constantly tries to get me to eat those foods. Like today, for example. He asked me if I was hungry. I said no. He said he was going to make a sandwich and asked me if I wanted some. I said no, I wasn't hungry. He makes a sandwich, and then serves me half. I eat it because I feel obligated to do so. This scenario plays out in the home almost once, if not twice a day.

Thanks. I drink a little Kefir (not a lot because of calories -no more than a cup) or Kabucha tea on occasion to help with the protobiotics. One thing to remember is that genetics play a big role on how food is digested and processed. I know that breads, rice and legumes are poison to our family. We cannot lose weight if we eat them, especially after reaching a certain age.
    Not shure about your husband, it seems to be a complex issue.

However about losing weight i can note that

a) your age is not yet high enough to significantly downgrade your abilities to lose weight, anyway age is not much of an issue, as my grandad says there were no fat people in Auschwitz (he actually saw a lot of survivors)

b) i would reccomend you to change your diet to home produced foods, prefferably from "eco" sourses, just compare amish people to average murrican and you'll see the difference.

c) as for your workout it's clearly not enough, considering that you don't have enough muscles to burn energy trough power exercise i would reccomend you to switch to endurance exercising as running, jogging, swimming, canoeing maybe, do it atleast for 2 hours 3 times a week. Audiobooks, podcasts etc can help you kill the time during it. What you are doing now is not an excersice per se.

As for myself i've gone from 98 to 82 kilos in two months by working as a waiter, but i guess it's not really an option for you now.

Insufferable by many Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Politics
    Bros over hoes
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,259
    Given: 13,617

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by OsricPearl View Post
    IWeight loss is like 75% diet and and 25% exercise. My mother lost a ton of weight and pretty much cured her type II diabetes (as in she no longer needs shots) following Invictus' diet. Her only exercise is a stroll she takes twice a day up and down her neighborhood. The road is flat and she doesn't run or even walk fast. I'm not looking to get ripped.
    Diet is 75% of weight loss yet calorie info you wrote down... Perhaps it all depends on people and various other factors. Like I implied, those exercises you listed won't help you in particular because if you consider that an 'exercise' then it is obvious your metabolism is at the lowest level. You need to kick you metabolism (why walk when you can sprint) up a notch by doing some exercises that will make your heart rate go 180, make blood going like crazy, purify your veins from junk food etc. You need to get there slowly so you don't suffer a heart attack.

Try the following. You don't even need to go walking or waste time with your little group. Crouch down like you are about to take a dump and from that position try to jump in the air as high as you can. As soon as you land on your feet crouch down again and repeat. Try doing it as fast as you can and as much as you can. It will make your heart rate go wild like sprinting without need for covering any distance. Perhaps at first you won't be able to do much repetitions, but you got to try to increase it. With such high intensity exercises and healthy food you should optimize your metabolism in no time, especially since everything else you wrote down is about right.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 09:55 AM
    Country
    Jamaica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,667
    Given: 5,726

1 Not allowed!

Have you tried keto?

Last Online
    04-18-2024 @ 11:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Digital Don Quixote
    Ethnicity
    Forums
    Ancestry
    Hellenic, Balkan, Latin, Anatolian, Druide
    Country
    European Union
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Anatolian Lappid
    Hero
    Justinian, Constantine, Augustus, Charlemagne, Aurelian, Alexander
    Religion
    Uralische beauties, Viktor Orban
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,627
    Given: 10,176

0 Not allowed!

Listen to the DOMs above.

Also, put dumbbells behind your office chair and every time you get off the computer squat with them, then walk with them to the kitchen/toilet/etc. You will be working your legs, arms and core simultaneously and as the dumbbells will always be there, you will never get that bored to try them.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-16-2023 @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,285
    Given: 4,691

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    Diet is 75% of weight loss yet calorie info you wrote down... Perhaps it all depends on people and various other factors. Like I implied, those exercises you listed won't help you in particular because if you consider that an 'exercise' then it is obvious your metabolism is at the lowest level. You need to kick you metabolism (why walk when you can sprint) up a notch by doing some exercises that will make your heart rate go 180, make blood going like crazy, purify your veins from junk food etc. You need to get there slowly so you don't suffer a heart attack.

Try the following. You don't even need to go walking or waste time with your little group. Crouch down like you are about to take a dump and from that position try to jump in the air as high as you can. As soon as you land on your feet crouch down again and repeat. Try doing it as fast as you can and as much as you can. It will make your heart rate go wild like sprinting without need for covering any distance. Perhaps at first you won't be able to do much repetitions, but you got to try to increase it. With such high intensity exercises and healthy food you should optimize your metabolism in no time, especially since everything else you wrote down is about right.
    Huh. I'll try that. I saw that exercise and I thought it looked too advanced for me. I can do squats no problem, but that was a little off. What do you think of burpees?

Last Online
    09-02-2020 @ 04:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark
    Taxonomy
    Trønder
    Hero
    Holger Danske
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Intermittent fasting, not eating past 80% satiation, and not mixing high-fat and high-carb foods in the same meal - worked like a charm for me.

Last Online
    09-02-2020 @ 04:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Danish
    Country
    Denmark
    Taxonomy
    Trønder
    Hero
    Holger Danske
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Also, getting your heart into a good pump every day should also be very beneficial. You don't need to work out for a long time. Just getting your heart rate a good measure above your resting pulse, for a few minutes, can make a lot of difference. And also, try to be a little bit active every day, instead of being very active a few times a week.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information