PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Help with losing weight - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with losing weight

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    Go on the Bobby Martnen diet!

Diet Coke, Monster Energy, Menthol cigarettes, and Girl Scout Cookies!
    lmao

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-16-2023 @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,285
    Given: 4,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by -Invictus- View Post
    Here's my reply from Bobby Martnen's thread. I hope it helps you Also I would like to add that walking burns almost no calories. Walking is healthy, but sprinting is the king of fat burn. Jogging can burn fat too, but it's way less effective.
    I lose almost 300 calories every time I walk because I'm going up hill and walking very fast. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I would lose on average 2200 cal. a day and eat about 1600 cals a day, and I still didn't lose weight throughout the year.

I know about the diet stuff you said, and I know it works (see my comment below) but my husband seriously refuses to help me. He is sabotaging my diet by pressuring me to eat bad foods. He buys all sorts of junk foods and then guilt trips me into eating them. I'm not joking about this. I will tell him "i dont' want it," and he'll still serve it to me. He buys like cookies, chips, diet soda, and other items.
    I won't touch them, and he'll ask, "Why haven't you eaten X?" I'll say, "because I'm trying to lose weight." Then he says, "well, I bought them for you. I think you like them. You exercise all the time." Blah blah blah. It doesn't change anything. I'm starting to resent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insuperable View Post
    I don't know what you are eating, but those exercises you listed are nothing.
    Weight loss is like 75% diet and and 25% exercise. My mother lost a ton of weight and pretty much cured her type II diabetes (as in she no longer needs shots) following Invictus' diet. Her only exercise is a stroll she takes twice a day up and down her neighborhood. The road is flat and she doesn't run or even walk fast. I'm not looking to get ripped.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-10-2022 @ 10:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,217
    Given: 2,355

0 Not allowed!

Do you lift?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Do you lift?
    No. I don't go to the gym and lift. I use 5 lbs weights for my arms and also while I do squats and other leg exercises.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by OsricPearl View Post
    No. I don't go to the gym and lift. I use 5 lbs weights for my arms and also while I do squats and other leg exercises.
    You probably should do that a bit, it helps. Also maybe go to the doctor and see if you have some other condition that's affecting you.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

You probably should do that a bit, it helps. Also maybe go to the doctor and see if you have some other condition that's affecting you.
    You are right. If I lived around my mother, it would be easier. She could watch the kids while I go to the gym and whatnot. I have no one here to help me. We have one car. We don't have much money to spend. I have medical bills. >.<

I know what my problem is. My problem is middle age + bad high-carb diet and my husband not helping me in the slightest.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

You are right. If I lived around my mother, it would be easier. She could watch the kids while I go to the gym and whatnot. I have no one here to help me. We have one car. We don't have much money to spend. I have medical bills. >.<

I know what my problem is. My problem is middle age + bad high-carb diet and my husband not helping me in the slightest.
    That's bizarre, oftentimes the husband is the one pressuring his wife to get in shape, but I know how you feel. My parents bring home sweets often and insist I eat it, along with the decently healthy but calorie loaded food that they cook. The food I can ignore, cause I dont even like the taste usually but sugar is my weakness

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That's bizarre, oftentimes the husband is the one pressuring his wife to get in shape, but I know how you feel. My parents bring home sweets often and insist I eat it, along with the decently healthy but calorie loaded food that they cook. The food I can ignore, cause I dont even like the taste usually but sugar is my weakness
    You don't say. I wonder about it too. He claims he doesn't like fat women. When I tell him how horrible I feel about myself and how I feel like a spinning top, he says, "who are you trying to impress?" I think he is blinded by love but also jealous. He figures if he keeps me a little chubby, no one else will look at me or try to steal me away. I'm going to be 38 soon, though. Little chance of that happening anyway. -_-'
    I was a size 8/10 when we married, and a size 8/10 three years ago. I lost all the weight I gained after my son was born. I felt great. A year later, I started to balloon. Now, I'm a size 14/16! I just had to buy some clothes because all my other clothes were getting too tight and are starting to look ill fitting.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

You don't say. I wonder about it too. He claims he doesn't like fat women. When I tell him how horrible I feel about myself and how I feel like a spinning top, he says, "who are you trying to impress?" I think he is blinded by love but also jealous. He figures if he keeps me a little chubby, no one else will look at me or try to steal me away. I'm going to be 38 soon, though. Little chance of that happening anyway. -_-'
    I was a size 8/10 when we married, and a size 8/10 three years ago. I lost all the weight I gained after my son was born. I felt great. A year later, I started to balloon. Now, I'm a size 14/16! I just had to buy some clothes because all my other clothes were getting too tight and are starting to look ill fitting.
    Man that's the worst feeling isn't it, when you get so big that your old clothes don't fit you. To be fair, for me the opposite is also kind of a pain in the ass, when I get so small that my clothes start to get loose. I have to look for new ones+it means I probably look like a scrawny fuck(I want to look big, but lean). Anyway if you were able to do it before then you can do it again and maintain it, are you doing anything differently this time around?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-22-2020 @ 12:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Turk
    Country
    Flanders
    Y-DNA
    R1b-M269*
    mtDNA
    K1a19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,356
    Given: 1,612

1 Not allowed!

Eat more fish. Use more olive oil/pepper in your food. Drink at least 3 liter per water. Oats and eggs are your friend.

Stay away from bread,pasta,junk food/drink.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information