U5b2
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,058
    Given: 5,444

0 Not allowed!

Default Best GEDmatch Autosomal Calculator For West Eurasians

Recently I asked Polako which of his calculators on GEDmatch is the very best for sorting out the different types of autosomal ancestry for West Eurasians. Here is what I asked below.

''Which test of your's on GEDmatch would you say is probably the very best for separating out different types of autosomal ancestry for West Eurasians? Would it be the Eurogenes K9 calculator?''

And his reply.

''Yeah, I'd say the K9 or the hunter-gatherer test.''

I then asked him about the origins of the North European or Baltic hunter-gatherer (essentially just North European) component in these calculators as it is the component that makes up the majority of my own results.

''Okay thanks. My last question for this one here then. How did the North European component from the K9 or the Baltic hunter-gatherer component from the hunter-gatherer vs. farmer which is essentially just a North European ancestral component become so widespread and become the dominant ancestral component from Ireland in the west to Russia in the East?''

And his reply.

''Basically because these populations share similar ancestry and genetic drift. But I don't think anyone really knows the details yet of why that is so. The answer probably lies in what happened in Central Europe during the late Neolithic/early Bronze Age, when the modern European gene pool formed.''

Last Online
    11-19-2014 @ 09:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Gallaecia
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxman View Post
    How did the North European component from the K9 or the Baltic hunter-gatherer component from the hunter-gatherer vs. farmer which is essentially just a North European ancestral component become so widespread and become the dominant ancestral component from Ireland in the west to Russia in the East?'
    The North European components are basically an hybrid between Danubian farmers who have entered Europe through Anatolia via the Danube river basin and pockets of hunter-gatherers sprinkled from the shores of the Atlantic to the Volga river basin. I believe there was also some genetic substructure among hunter-gatherers, Western European HGs must have been somewhat different from Volga HGs, usually Northwest and Baltic components are sister components with very little Fst distance between them, followed of course by West Asian and Anatolian components, I suppose therefore that the west/east substructure must have been the differentiating element.

I guess we will know more as soon as remains of LBK individuals or others belonging to subsequent Central European cultures get tested.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Mutt
    Ethnicity
    European-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    J2a
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kadu View Post
    The North European components are basically an hybrid between Danubian farmers who have entered Europe through Anatolia via the Danube river basin and pockets of hunter-gatherers sprinkled from the shores of the Atlantic to the Volga river basin. I believe there was also some genetic substructure among hunter-gatherers, Western European HGs must have been somewhat different from Volga HGs, usually Northwest and Baltic components are sister components with very little Fst distance between them, followed of course by West Asian and Anatolian components, I suppose therefore that the west/east substructure must have been the differentiating element.

I guess we will know more as soon as remains of LBK individuals or others belonging to subsequent Central European cultures get tested.
    So the North European component from the Eurogenes K9 and Hunter-gatherer vs. Farmer calculators is the combination of both the Northwest European and Baltic components from the other more detailed analysis?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Gallaecia
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

So the North European component from the Eurogenes K9 and Hunter-gatherer vs. Farmer calculators is the combination of both the Northwest European and Baltic components from the other more detailed analysis?
    Yes, if you notice at K=10 the North European component splits up into East European and North Atlantic.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-Mutt
    Ethnicity
    European-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    J2a
    mtDNA
    U5b2
    Religion
    Pagan
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kadu View Post
    Yes, if you notice at K=10 the North European component splits up into East European and North Atlantic.
    Yes this actually makes sense as on the K9 I score around 60% North European and if I add my North Atlantic and East European components together on the K10 I get a score that is around 67% which is not much higher really.

Would this below make sense then do you think?

Eurogenes K10:

North Atlantic=West European Mesolithic hunter-gatherers + Danubian Neolithic farmers

East European=East European Mesolithic hunter-gatherers + Danubian Neolithic farmers

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ancestry
    Gallaecia
    Country
    Portugal
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Would this below make sense then do you think?

Eurogenes K10:

North Atlantic=West European Mesolithic hunter-gatherers + Danubian Neolithic farmers

East European=East European Mesolithic hunter-gatherers + Danubian Neolithic farmers
    Perhaps this specific North Atlantic component is also slightly Sardinian-like, Mediterranean-influenced and not strictly Anatolian, I would have to check an Fst table to be sure.
    I'm not a big fan of calculators and neither of the supervised mode, it's like trying to profile a contemporary population using a 1980's census or using New Yorkers as the benchmark of Americanness, I would rather go with gathering every sample that I could - especially from monoethnic people like myself or ancient DNA - the bigger the dataset the more accurate a run will be. Eurogenes has very good unsupervised ADMIXTURE runs though, namely the following...

WE.13
    Euro_Test_K8

Last Online
    05-18-2015 @ 10:08 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Uralic
    Ethnicity
    American-Moksherzian
    Ancestry
    Various parts of Russia
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

^My Finno-Ugric cousin!

Durka durka, Mohammad Jihad Philo's Avatar
    Last Online
    09-25-2021 @ 11:43 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Judean
    Ancestry
    J2a-M92
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    J2a-M92
    mtDNA
    J2a-M92
    Taxonomy
    J2a-M92
    Politics
    King Bibi
    Religion
    J2a-M92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,138
    Given: 337

0 Not allowed!

What does "West Eurasian" mean here exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZnZn View Post
    On the left, the Middle-East 4000 years ago; On the right, Spain 3000 years ago:
    Arab peace-loving:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh900 View Post
    *sigh* The biggest mistake/tragedy that the Spaniards and the Portuguese have ever done was propagating with native Indian and Black women creating useless biracial and triracials in the Americas.

Ask Philo anything you'd like barring obvious troll questions

Last Online
    12-06-2017 @ 10:09 PM
    Ethnicity
    Archaic Humanoid
    Country
    Bhutan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,811
    Given: 4,449

0 Not allowed!

Basically Caucasian.