-
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,219

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    I visited a number of Buddhist Monasteries, in California, I also was a guest at a Catholic Monastery here.
    Wich buddhism you prefer? I prefer soto zen

Banned
    Last Online
    12-08-2018 @ 06:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,722
    Given: 1,300

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaglakar View Post
    Idiqut state was Toquz Oghuz between. Oghuz-Karluk languages are descendants of Turkic Khaganates. The language spoken by Idiquts was even closer - a direct descendant of Türük Khaganates and Uighur Khaganate.

You must admit that this simple orchard purchase is quite impressive for 10th century.
    They disappeared. Some Tokuz-Oghuz were absorbed into Uighurs and minority moved to Tibet and they were absorbed into Dalai Lama followers. That wasn't a religion for Turks and Tonyukuk did right thing by stopping the khagan who had that idea in mind.
    In their modernisation during 19th century, Japanese Meiji also saw Budhist teaching as weakening element and stopped Budhism expansion in Japan in favor of a stronger Japanese national identity and the supremacy of the Shinto religion which became official.

Tokuz-Oghuz which Tonyukuk talks about in Orkhon inscriptions have nothing to do with Oğuz Turks who long had left before Tonyukuk's 2nd Reich. Oğuz (Seljuk and Ottoman dynasties included) were Western Türks since the 6th century and they turned Turgish during 8th century before becoming Oğuz, after stationing between Aral and Caspian.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Böri View Post
    They disappeared. Some Tokuz-Oghuz were absorbed into Uighurs and minority moved to Tibet and they were absorbed into Dalai Lama followers. That wasn't a religion for Turks and Tonyukuk did right thing by stopping the khagan who had that idea in mind.
    In their modernisation during 19th century, Japanese Meiji also saw Budhist teaching as weakening element and stopped Budhism expansion in Japan in favor of a stronger Japanese national identity and the supremacy of the Shinto religion which became official.
    Why they considered buddhism this way? Wich is the problem with buddhism?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolsonaro View Post
    Why they considered buddhism this way? Wich is the problem with buddhism?
    Probably because of the lifestyle of Budhist monks and seeing Budhist civilization. They believed that would harm Turks' horse warrior culture and warlike attributes and would turn Turks into humble people seeking modesty. Aristocracy of Turks said no despite that religion was expanding in all sides back then.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jolsonaro View Post
    Which buddhism you prefer? I prefer soto zen
    Soto Zen is good, and most of the Buddhist Centers I visited were Zen Centers, in California (in San Francisco, Marin County, and Santa Cruz). I also was a guest at a Korean Buddhist Monastery in Carmel Valley, California, and my mentor practiced a Korean version of Buddhism. I prefer the more religious versions.

It all happened a very long time ago, when I was much younger; these days, I'd prefer a new life as a Christian Monk. But, I like Buddhism, and Tibetan Buddhism interests me. It's simply that I want to deepen and enrich my Christian Experience. An Armenian Orthodox or Catholic monastic life looks great.

Last Online
    02-10-2024 @ 05:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Uyğur
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    Q-M242
    mtDNA
    H91
    Taxonomy
    Mongrel
    Politics
    Mäŋgü Täŋri Küchündä
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 214

1 Not allowed!

Tokuz-Oghuz which Tonyukuk talks about in Orkhon inscriptions have nothing to do with Oğuz Turks who long had left before Tonyukuk's 2nd Reich. Oğuz (Seljuk and Ottoman dynasties included) were Western Türks since the 6th century and they turned Turgish during 8th century before becoming Oğuz, after stationing between Aral and Caspian.
    Don't teach me about the history of my people. You already made a fool of yourself about your Karluk thesis which is used by scholars only to lump up different Turkic tribes to simplify a complex tribal configuration so the layman assimilates information better. According to anonymous Persian geographical tract of 10th century, Toquz Oghuz (Idiqut Uighur state) are largest in terms of geographical scope and among the most numerous Turkic tribes. Their main cities included Beshbaliq in Dzungarian basin, Turfan, Qumul and Kucha. A large population can't simply cease to exist.

V. V. Minorsky & C. E. Bosworth. 1982. Hudud al-'Alam: The Regions of the World: a Persian Geography. Gibb Memorial Trust Persian Studies. page 94

Furthermore, southern portions of Xinjiang were settled primarily by Yaghma which is Toquz Oghuz origin. This includes cities like Kashgar and Yarkand. Not to mention that Yaghma title is from the onset Bughra Khan (camel) which leads many prominent scholars including Bartold to assume that it was Yaghma who founded Karakhanid state. In any case Karluks are not the founders of Karakhanid state. The state was established by Karluks, Yaghma and Chigil. Karluk languages are only called so, the real name of the language is Türki or Hakani, and it emerged in southern portion of Tarim Basin, just so you know

V. V. Minorsky & C. E. Bosworth. 1982. Hudud al-'Alam: The Regions of the World: a Persian Geography. Gibb Memorial Trust Persian Studies. pages 94-95

Moreover, spread of Uighur Idiquts (who already turned largely Muslim) to southern Xinjiang took place in 15th and 16th centuries during Moghulistan era.

Stephan Barisitz. 2017. Central Asia and the Silk Road: Economic Rise and Decline over Several Millennia. Springer. страница 153

Toquz Oghuz (Yaghma and old Uighurs) comprise the largest portion of our ethnogenesis.

Between, Karluks also called themselves Üch-Oghuz in case you don't know.

Also read the Turfan (Idiqut) version of Oghuzname from 14th century.

http://www.academia.edu/5357144/Turf...and_Commentary

The myths and sagas are linked.
    Last edited by Yaglakar; 03-31-2018 at 09:43 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Uighurs and Uzbeks are Karluk you dimwit, this can not be discussed. Tokuz-Oguz were subdued by 2nd Reich. Tonyukuk explains how they fought them and how they gave up and joined the khaganate. In that process, Bilge Khagan also eliminated the Yenisei Kirgiz khagan.
    The way you act and how you show complex to Odin or else rather portrays you as Bukharan Jew but anyway. This is internet, you are welcome as Uighur too.

Last Online
    02-10-2024 @ 05:51 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Uyğur
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    Q-M242
    mtDNA
    H91
    Taxonomy
    Mongrel
    Politics
    Mäŋgü Täŋri Küchündä
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 214

1 Not allowed!

Uighurs and Uzbeks are Karluk you dimwit, this can not be discussed. Tokuz-Oguz were subdued by 2nd Reich. Tonyukuk explains how they fought them and how they gave up and joined the khaganate. In that process, Bilge Khagan also eliminated the Yenisei Kirgiz khagan.
    The way you act and how you show complex to Odin or else rather portrays you as Bukharan Jew but anyway. This is internet, you are welcome as Uighur too.
    Read what I posted. Toquz Oghuz is a tribal confederation led by Uighurs who largely migrated southwards after the collapse of Uighur Khaganate. Two states were established, one in Gansu and another in Dzugaria+Northern portion of Tarim Basin. You should know it if you are interested in Turkic history. Yaghma are also Toquz Oghuz but they separated from main group earlier and joined Karluks.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-18-2018 @ 03:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic Romance
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 578

1 Not allowed!

No

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    Soto Zen is good, and most of the Buddhist Centers I visited were Zen Centers, in California (in San Francisco, Marin County, and Santa Cruz). I also was a guest at a Korean Buddhist Monastery in Carmel Valley, California, and my mentor practiced a Korean version of Buddhism. I prefer the more religious versions.

It all happened a very long time ago, when I was much younger; these days, I'd prefer a new life as a Christian Monk. But, I like Buddhism, and Tibetan Buddhism interests me. It's simply that I want to deepen and enrich my Christian Experience. An Armenian Orthodox or Catholic monastic life looks great.
    It is interesting.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information