Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How different do these Albanians look like compared to Albanians from Kosov, etc..

Fuhrer
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )
    Ethnicity
    ( º ͜ʖ ͡º)
    Country
    Adyghea
    Region
    Lord Howe Island
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,337
    Given: 685

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmendasi View Post
    Yh that's what I have noticed, it sorta makes me doubt that they have much if any Slavic admix
    Usually on 23and Me some Albanians from montenegro i shared with got like 1% East Euro or something but most get nothing, so we are talking about negligible amounts.

Last Online
    02-20-2024 @ 08:36 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Malesor
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    E1b-V13>CTS5856 (subclade-predictor)
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Hero
    Lekë Dukagjini, Gjon Buzuku, Gjergj Kastrioti
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 662
    Given: 622

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by safinator View Post
    Usually on 23and Me some Albanians from montenegro i shared with got like 1% East Euro or something but most get nothing, so we are talking about negligible amounts.
    It probably depends on the regions within Montenegro as well. Anyways even if they there was mixing between malazez and albos back in the day, those malazez were already large percentage albo.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pelasgian-ThrakoIllyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Ancient Dardanian Albanian Kosovar
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Dardania
    Y-DNA
    E-Z5018->?
    Taxonomy
    Pred. Dinarid
    Hero
    Albanian national awakening figures of XIX century
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,929
    Given: 6,738

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lek View Post
    I also plot more North yet some Albanians here who obviously show more East Euro ancestry shift south of me. Many Kosovars I seen are also quite North, just depends on who.

Most certainly not what is shifting them North. On 23andme majority score over 90% Balkan. Having some distant east euro ancestry isn't gonna shift you more North. It might have phenotypical effect though.

I have seen Tosks get high deal of Baltic yet shift South.
    Have you seen PCA map of region averages done by Kelmendasi, Alboniggas are northernmost of all, we can argue they are northwest shifed though, but this is due lower East Med not because they have low Baltic or have higher North Sea element, in fact the opposite from few samples I've seen.

And it should be that way with Tosk, do not forget once Bulgarian settlements and Vlachs there.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-09-2019 @ 05:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleo Haemonic
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Dinaric and Pindus mountains
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Goteborg
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean-Dinaric
    Politics
    Classic Liberal
    Hero
    Sokrates
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 850
    Given: 597

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukagjini View Post
    I think the phenotypical difference imo is from mixing with malazez tribes from long time ago, but even those malazez tribes had large % albo blood. It's the east-euro they had that's what changes the phenotypes in these Albanians.

Are you taking hits from the bong while you write this stuff? Kosovar albanians are the archetype huh? Everyone else is mixed, right?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Malesor
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Trilecce View Post

Are you taking hits from the bong while you write this stuff? Kosovar albanians are the archetype huh? Everyone else is mixed, right?
    No I'm not. I must admit I am still very new to genetics, this forum has helped broaden my knowledge on these things though. I am solely basing this on phenotypes, even in the phenotypes, Albanians from all over, pretty much look very similar, but they're are minor differences. I do acknowledge that there are some phenotypical differences across all Albanian regions.

As far as the mixing with malazez tribes, many dispute this or agree with this. As far as I am concerned us Monte Albs are still Albanian af.
    GenePlaza K29 Admix : 90.8% Greek-Albanian

23andme v5 : 99.8% Balkan

DNA.LAND : 100% Balkan

K36 Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Kosovo @ 10,443345 2 Albanians_Montenegro @ 10,594414

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleo Haemonic
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Goteborg
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean-Dinaric
    Politics
    Classic Liberal
    Hero
    Sokrates
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

No I'm not. I must admit I am still very new to genetics, this forum has helped broaden my knowledge on these things though. I am solely basing this on phenotypes, even in the phenotypes, Albanians from all over, pretty much look very similar, but they're are minor differences. I do acknowledge that there are some phenotypical differences across all Albanian regions.

As far as the mixing with malazez tribes, many dispute this or agree with this. As far as I am concerned us Monte Albs are still Albanian af.
    Albanians around Lezhe are very distinctively mediterranean, and differ a lot from a typical Kosovar phenotypically, even though both are ghegs. If you want to find archetypical albanians, then move your scope to the heartland, not to border regions.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Malesor
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Albanians around Lezhe are very distinctively mediterranean, and differ a lot from a typical Kosovar phenotypically, even though both are ghegs. If you want to find archetypical albanians, then move your scope to the heartland, not to border regions.
    Where exactly do you consider the heartland of Albania to be? Who is the archetypical albo and where should this person be from?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleo Haemonic
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Goteborg
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean-Dinaric
    Politics
    Classic Liberal
    Hero
    Sokrates
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Where exactly do you consider the heartland of Albania to be? Who is the archetypical albo and where should this person be from?
    Lezhe, Shkoder, Malesi. In that order. This area was the heartland not only of albanians, but also to Illyrians. All their kings lived in this area. This is where their final strongholds were before they lost to romans, meaning that this area was their center or heartland as I call it.

This area is the most ethnically albanian area you can find. Every other area has either serb, gorani, FYROM, vlach, montenegrin or greek minorities. Even culturally it is by far the purest. All other areas are significantly influenced by our neighbours and/or turks.

This area has also served as a place for where albanians have traditionally held large gatherings of the representatives of our clans (kuvend). Thats why its called league of Lezhe btw. Prizren gathering of 1870s and the gatherings in Vlora are the only exceptions.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ancestry
    Malesor
    Country
    Albania
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Lezhe, Shkoder, Malesi. In that order. This area was the heartland not only of albanians, but also to Illyrians. All their kings lived in this area. This is where their final strongholds were before they lost to romans, meaning that this area was their center or heartland as I call it.

This area is the most ethnically albanian area you can find. Every other area has either serb, gorani, FYROM, vlach, montenegrin or greek minorities. Even culturally it is by far the purest. All other areas are significantly influenced by our neighbours and/or turks.

This area has also served as a place for where albanians have traditionally held large gatherings of the representatives of our clans (kuvend). Thats why its called league of Lezhe btw. Prizren gathering of 1870s and the gatherings in Vlora are the only exceptions.
    Interesting. There are still some of these serb-montenegrin minorities in malesi, shkoder but... lezhe is probably the least. Where I am from... Shestani, I really think everybody's albanian but some families from certain villages, speak serbian, I think they've assimilated or they may actually be Montenegrins,... though I can't confirm.

Lots of Montenegro Albanians know Serbian, just not the ones in diaspora much. Now do DNA tests prove what you are saying? If these places like you say are the most ethnically pure albanian places autosomal dna should show mostly paleo-balkan.

BTW there is also a dispute as to what is considered Malesia. I think it's really the whole southern strip of MNE + albanian parts.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Paleo Haemonic
    Ethnicity
    Gheg Albanian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Albania
    Region
    Goteborg
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean-Dinaric
    Politics
    Classic Liberal
    Hero
    Sokrates
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Interesting. There are still some of these serb-montenegrin minorities in malesi, shkoder but... lezhe is probably the least. Where I am from... Shestani, I really think everybody's albanian but some families from certain villages, speak serbian, I think they've assimilated or they may actually be Montenegrins,... though I can't confirm.

Lots of Montenegro Albanians know Serbian, just not the ones in diaspora much. Now do DNA tests prove what you are saying? If these places like you say are the most ethnically pure albanian places autosomal dna should show mostly paleo-balkan.

BTW there is also a dispute as to what is considered Malesia. I think it's really the whole southern strip of MNE + albanian parts.
    All of western bjeshket e nemuna (Prokletie) is malesi. The rest subdivides into malesia Pejes (the stronghold of the man you represent on this forum). Malesia Tropojes and to an extent malesia Gjakoves.

If I would conduct these tests, then I would bet that I would find the highest contration of natives in these areas.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information