Quote Originally Posted by MegaArgus1 View Post
I mean too much politics encompassed the Orthodox churches. Instead of promoting love among the people, some as the Greek had been involved in austerities and killing of the Macedonians. I do not question our common history with the Bulgarian Church and the Bulgarians as our closest relatives. But your Patriarh will not attend the ceremony of 1000th anniversary of Ohrid Archbishopric, again politics which will prevent the historic opportunity for reconciliation between Macedonians and Bulgarians. Personally I don't like the Macedonian church to be affiliated with anybody other than with the Macedonians. Why I am supposed to regard the churches of our neighbours as our mother churches (Serbian,Bulgarian.....)? For me, in religious sense, there is no other authority beyond the Macedonian Church and the god himself.
Our patriarch was not present on the meeting where the decision to NOT attend the celebrations was taken. He was ill in hospital. Anyways, I am convinced it was the WRONG decision. The Bulgarian church should have been there to celebrate together with MOC, cause in reality both churches descend from the Ohrid Archbishopric and should be as close as possible. BOC should have been present even if it was excommunicated from the Orthodox Church... As for the affiliation: BOC and MOC affiliation is natural and should be encouraged. In a way as I explained BOC could be regarded as mother church as it descend from the Bulgarian Exarchate which encompassed the Macedonian territory... And as for the status of mother church, I dont think its regarded as an authority between MOC and god. Its like an honorary title in a way to convince the BOC to play a intermediatory role between ROC, GOC, SOC and MOC.