Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOC invites Bulgarian Patriarch to attend the 1000th anniversary of Ohrid Archbishopric

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,925
    Given: 4,821

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaArgus1 View Post
    We have options. Are the Greeks Christians? I think they are not because they do not comply with the commandment "love your neighbor as yourself"
    You hysterical Fyromians. You see this? You tell me what it means keep in mind he is the patron saint of Thessalonica for a reason

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité
    Last Online
    08-24-2021 @ 02:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 36

1 Not allowed!

Your clergy is more concerned about our name than to the 10 gods commandments. Your church is the church of the devil.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,157
    Given: 6,705

0 Not allowed!

Your clergy is more concerned about our name than to the 10 gods commandments. Your church is the church of the devil.
    Greek Bishop Germanos Karavangelis with Ottoman Turks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanos_Karavangelis

He organized armed groups composed mainly of Greek army officers, volunteers brought from Crete, Peloponnese and other parts of Greek populated areas,[1] as well as recruited local Macedonian Greeks[1] such as the chieftain Vangelis Strebreniotis from the village of Srebreni (now Asprogeia), and Konstantinos Kottas, a former member of Internal Macedonian Revolutionary Organization (IMRO) from the village of Rulya (later renamed Kottas by the Greek authorities in his honour).

In 1905, Orthodox priest Kristo Negovani in his native village conducted the divine liturgy in the Albanian Tosk dialect and for his efforts was murdered on orders from Bishop Karavangelis who had condemned during mass the use of Albanian.[2]
    http://www.geocities.ws/macedonian_world/aegean.htm

Massacre and Barbarism at Zagorichane

Greek Clergy and their cut-throats claim "God is on our Side"

The burning of the village of Zagorichane (Kostur district) and the massacre of its inhabitants was done by 7 Greek andart bands (lead by the so-called "kapetans" Vardas [Lt Georgios Tsontos from Crete as chief commander], Kaudis, Karavitis, Makris, Kukulakis, Pulanas, and Melios) on 25th of March 1905.

It is also important to state that at the time of the Greek attack on Zagorichane, there were no Bulgarian revolutionaries in the village. Also, just a few days before the attack, the Turkish asker (commander) came to the village to search for arms. Before he entered, the asker had his troops blow military horns, an act which frightened the village population. However, the Turkish officer explained to the peasants, that this sounding of horns was simply a military protocol, and whenever they heard it they should remain calm and realise it meant no danger.

Not uncoincidently the Greek attack on Zagorichane began with the same blowing of military horns as used by the Turks. If we consult the account given by the Greek historian Stamatis Raptis in "O kapetan Poulakas - Captain Pulakas. All Macedonian Struggle. Heroic Battles. Avengers Bulgarian-Killers. Most Patriotical Reading. With the True Images of the Heroes." (Athens, 1910, 2520p) on page 990 he writes

"When Bulgarians hear the horn, they will think, that it is an asker, and will hurry to hide their weapons, where they can. So that we shall have time."

The massacre at Zagorichane was documented afterwards by the Italian gendarme officers Manera, Gastoldi and Albera, Russian consul Kol, Austro-Hungarian consul Prohaska, and many others. In his report the Bulgarian diplomat A. Toshev (No. 447, from 30th of March, 1905) wrote

"They - Russian and Austrian consuls, and Italian officers Albera, Gastoldi and Manera - were horrified at all that they saw and found. The streets, and around the church, was strewn with corpses, many of which had been sadistically mutilated. There were 5-year-old children with their stomachs cut-open and their intestines ripped out; murdered women with their arms hacked off. Some of the dead had their skulls smashed and their brains removed, others had eyes gouged out, many had severed limbs. The body of the 60 year old priest was covered with wounds. An entire family had been killed by bombs thrown through the chimney, and from two holes in the roof. The bodies of the father, mother, and two children were appalling disfigured by the bombs. The youngest child, a 5 year old girl, had tried to escape through the door, but was killed by Greek bayonets. Russian consul Mr Kol was weeping. Austrian consul Mr Prohaska also had tears in his eyes. They both claimed that they had not witnessed such horrors and barbarities even in the time of the rebellion (1903)."

The Sadistic Murder of Lazar Pop Traykoff
    just "Normal Cleric Duties" for the
    Greek Archbishop Germanos Karavangelis

a personal account by
    Dr HN Brailsford
    in Macedonia: Its Races and their Future
    Methuen & Co., London, 1906, p193-194

I remember well our first meeting. We began our conversation in Greek, but in a few minutes we discovered that we had been at a German University together and the man I had taken for a Byzantine assumed the guise of a Berliner. Education is rare among the Greek bishops and I had never met a man among them who spoke a western tongue. His Beatitude seemed a modern of the moderns. Could this be the fanatic who persecuted Bulgarian peasants to force them into his church? Could this be the raging partisan who massed his people to drive the schismatic Bulgarian bishop from the town? In five minutes he had professed himself a philosopher. In ten minutes he had avowed himself a free-thinker.

But there, above my head, on the wall, in a conspicuous place hung the photograph of a ghastly head, severed at the neck, with a bullet through the jaw, dripping blood. And then I remember the tale. That head belonged to a Bulgarian chief. A band of bravoes in the Archbishop's pay had murdered him as he lay wounded in hiding. And the tale went on to tell how the murderers carried the bleeding trophy to the Palace and how the Archbishop had had it photographed and paid its price of fifty pieces of gold. And there, over my head, hung the photograph. Somehow, we stopped talking moral philosophy.

We met once again, and this time in the Konak of the Turkish Kaimakam and once more a photograph caught my eye. It showed the Turkish authorities standing in full-dress round a Turkish cannon and in their midst, handsome and conspicuous with an air of mastery and command, was the Archbishop himself. And then I remembered another tale which told how his Grace had sent his bravoes to guide the Turkish troops in their work of massacre and blessed the cannon that was to batter the Bulgarian villages to dust.

Bishop Germanos Karavangelis

The Devil's Disciple
    The leaders of the Greek Orthodox Church were the most crazed supporters of the Greek state's plan to eliminate the Bulgarian element from Macedonia. This allegiance to a program of human genocide is typified by the actions of the Metropolitan Bishop Germanos Karavangelis.

Information on Karavangelis's psychotic behaviour is available directly from his very own autobiography "Pinelopa Delta", published in 1959 by the Salonica Institute for Studies. In that work we note the following (and many more) admissions and comments by Karavangelis

He was the first and most fervent champion of the emergence of the andarts' (Greek cut-throats, murderers etc) movement in Macedonia.

For seven years (1900-1907), as Metropolitan Bishop of Kostur, he maintained the slogan "let no Bulgarian remain alive".

Together with Vardas, a Greek army officer, he inspired and helped organise the massacres at Zeleniche (Lerin) and Zagorichane (Kostur). Massacres which shocked the international community by the level of depravity and sadism which occurred.

Karavangelis regularly used assassins to eliminate people he had pre-selected. These killers were paid 5 pounds by Karavangelis, on delivery of the person's severed head. So proud was Karavangelis of his actions, that he had one of these "trophies" photographed and displayed in his office.

As the level of andart activity increased, he writes in his autobiography
    "I kept regular contact with them through the consulate in Bitola and the Metropolitan bishops. I personally met them and instructed them to kill all priests and Bulgarian teachers."
    It is surprising that the Greek Church has not sought to canonise Karavangelis for his unswerving duty to God and country. But then perhaps they already have.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Various Cruise ships, Also Agio Pnevma, Serres, Macedonia, Greece.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Greek with a whiff of Bulgarian
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    A typical Balkan bastard
    Politics
    Strictly Rational.
    Hero
    Θαλής ο Μιλήσιος
    Religion
    Freedom with responsibitities.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,566
    Given: 4,506

0 Not allowed!

We don't care, we are Atheists.

Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 11:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Northeastern Bulgarian, Southeastern Thracian Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    European, Mediteranean
    Politics
    Democratic, Proeuropean
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 300

1 Not allowed!

If I was the head of the Macedonian church, I would have seeked communion with the Catholic church, because its much more progressive compared to Orthodoxy, which is pretty much stuck in the Middle ages. Obviously neither the Serbs, nor the Russian or the Greeks want to help the Macedonians to resolve the situation so that would be another argument. Not that the Catholic Church doesn't need reformation, it does, but its doing better than the Orthodoxy.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ioan assen View Post
    If I was the head of the Macedonian church, I would have seeked communion with the Catholic church, because its much more progressive compared to Orthodoxy, which is pretty much stuck in the Middle ages. Obviously neither the Serbs, nor the Russian or the Greeks want to help the Macedonians to resolve the situation so that would be another argument. Not that the Catholic Church doesn't need reformation, it does, but its doing better than the Orthodoxy.
    Agree. We already have a Byzantine Catholic Church in Macedonia. We should join it.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Crn Volk View Post
    Agree. We already have a Byzantine Catholic Church in Macedonia. We should join it.
    Why the Macedonian Orthodox Church needs recognition as a sister church at all? I suggest the word "Orthodox" to be deleted and instead to put "Christian". So the name to be "Macedonian Christian Church". What the church needs is the Macedonian people and the faith in god. No politics, no mother church, no sister church all of that is proven to be bullshint.

Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 11:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Ancestry
    Northeastern Bulgarian, Southeastern Thracian Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    European, Mediteranean
    Politics
    Democratic, Proeuropean
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 300

0 Not allowed!

Why the Macedonian Orthodox Church needs recognition as a sister church at all? I suggest the word "Orthodox" to be deleted and instead to put "Christian". So the name to be "Macedonian Christian Church". What the church needs is the Macedonian people and the faith in god. No politics, no mother church, no sister church all of that is proven to be bullshint.
    Don't be so butt hurt about the fact that the Macedonian church has accepted the Bulgarian church as a mother church. I personally don't really know what that means, as far as I could understand from what I ve read the term doesn't bring any rights or obligations for the parties so chill. But even if it could be regarded as one church descending from the other: that is again accurate: MOC could be regarded as daughter, because the Macedonian territory was part of the Bulgarian Exarchate, the Ohrid Archbishopic was created by a Byzantine emperor as a church for "the whole of Bulgaria" after Samuels state (which was Bulgaria) was subdued by the Byzantine Empire.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macédonien
    Country
    Belgium
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ioan assen View Post
    Don't be so butt hurt about the fact that the Macedonian church has accepted the Bulgarian church as a mother church. I personally don't really know what that means, as far as I could understand from what I ve read the term doesn't bring any rights or obligations for the parties so chill. But even if it could be regarded as one church descending from the other: that is again accurate: MOC could be regarded as daughter, because the Macedonian territory was part of the Bulgarian Exarchate, the Ohrid Archbishopic was created by a Byzantine emperor as a church for "the whole of Bulgaria" after Samuels state (which was Bulgaria) was subdued by the Byzantine Empire.
    I mean too much politics encompassed the Orthodox churches. Instead of promoting love among the people, some as the Greek had been involved in austerities and killing of the Macedonians. I do not question our common history with the Bulgarian Church and the Bulgarians as our closest relatives. But your Patriarh will not attend the ceremony of 1000th anniversary of Ohrid Archbishopric, again politics which will prevent the historic opportunity for reconciliation between Macedonians and Bulgarians. Personally I don't like the Macedonian church to be affiliated with anybody other than with the Macedonians. Why I am supposed to regard the churches of our neighbours as our mother churches (Serbian,Bulgarian.....)? For me, in religious sense, there is no other authority beyond the Macedonian Church and the god himself.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Julius Evola
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I mean too much politics encompassed the Orthodox churches. Instead of promoting love among the people, some as the Greek had been involved in austerities and killing of the Macedonians. I do not question our common history with the Bulgarian Church and the Bulgarians as our closest relatives. But your Patriarh will not attend the ceremony of 1000th anniversary of Ohrid Archbishopric, again politics which will prevent the historic opportunity for reconciliation between Macedonians and Bulgarians. Personally I don't like the Macedonian church to be affiliated with anybody other than with the Macedonians. Why I am supposed to regard the churches of our neighbours as our mother churches (Serbian,Bulgarian.....)? For me, in religious sense, there is no other authority beyond the Macedonian Church and the god himself.
    It's all politics. For example, here's Jovan recently with Serbian Patriarch and Serbian Prince Alexander

http://www.poa-info.org/vesti/2018/05/20180503.html

http://www.royalfamily.org/crown-pri...-white-palace/

The Macedonian, Montenegrin and Ukrainian Orthodox Churches are all being held to ransom by the Russian-Serbian-Greek axis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information