View Poll Results: Buddhism, or Christianity...which is the wiser religion to you?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buddhism

3 33.33%
  • Christianity

6 66.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buddhism, or Christianity...which is the wiser religion to you?

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Iloko View Post
    Buddhism, or Christianity...which is the wiser religion to you?
    Spoiler!

Religions of the world are like different fingers on a hand. They are different lengths but they all come together at the same point.

Religions want people to understand love, sincerity, respect, humility, and harmony. They provide: ethics, morality, causality, philosophy, and broscience.

Buddhist texts however have answers for every sentient being. And without a godhead figure that rewards or punishes (that leads to fear and abandonment issues in some believers of other religions).

At the end of the day, even if there was nothing after death, I'm still inclined to see religion as a way for us to flourish. If there is no higher end, then those elders who crafted religions, were wise enough to codify a guide in the form of tales to prevent us from creating a Sodom and Gomorrah scenario, and help us from our own self-indulgent monkey brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Iloko View Post
    And why...
    Buddhism is a philosophy and not a religion. It is their rites such as prayers, practices, and services which make them religious. Storywise, Buddha was a rich spoiled kid that supposedly ascended, admirable.

Jesus said, “Do to others as you would have them do to you,” while Buddha said, “Consider others as yourself.” While Christianity becomes mostly meaningless if Jesus never existed, the Dharma is not harmed in the slightest if the same is said about the Buddha.

And Buddha gave no proof that his teaching is really true, that there are multiple lives and if people would follow his teaching, they would really get nirvana. Jesus on the other hand supposedly showed proof by great miracles and being raised from the dead. Buddha stayed dead.

The problem is Buddha broke away from Hinduism, and came up with his own philosophy, but, of course, the people worshipped Buddha instead of following Buddha's own religion.

It shows that humans need God to worship and a good example to emulate, but Buddha failed to notice his teaching would lead to being worshipped as idol.

Buddhism's reincarnation is really just an artful way of describing how we're inexorably part of this united world system, so when we die, the matter that makes up our bodies continues on as the organic matter that will make up other organisms. Or consciousness may die, but it's just a manifestation of this larger system that will keep going. Taoists call this world system the Tao, Sufists call it God, philosophers call it panentheism.

The Christian concepts of Heaven and Hell are a metaphor for the fact that if you act in ways that are in accordance with the truth, which honour those around you, you can make the world around you a paradise. But if you act against the truth, in delusion and deceit, causing harm to those around you, then you make the world hellish (The Kingdom of Heaven is Within You by Leo Tolstoy).

The most accurate form of Buddhism is Sōtō Zen. The most accurate form of Christianity is Quakerism. For good measure, the most accurate form of Islam is Bektashi Sufism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    We GrecoRomansIberians once did the mistake of civilizing these cave-dwellers ,I suggest we make an alliance with muslims to accelerate their takeover
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    Scandinavia is not Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    It's OK to date girls 16+ they are not children remember the old song 'sweet sixteen'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Whites are often jealous of Blacks for their athleticism, creative talent and sexual prowess.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    12-12-2023 @ 11:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Nordid-Balto-Alpinid
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,545
    Given: 1,069

0 Not allowed!

Neither, both religions are life-negating.
    Blue eyed honey in the sun
    Warm, wet and on the run
    On the run, on the run, on the run, on the run,....
    On the run, on the run, on the run, on the run

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Epic, Mythical, Mythological and Biblical
    Ethnicity
    Espańol
    Ancestry
    Andalusia (Spain)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,519
    Given: 4,791

0 Not allowed!

Christianity is what I have been taught in my family home and are the fundamental pillars on which my identity and my whole being are based.
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-BY7449/
    E-V22 - E-BY7449 - E-BY7566 - E-FT155550
    According to oral family tradition E-FT155550 comes from a deserter of Napoleon's troops (1808-1813) who stayed in Spain and changed his surname.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-28-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo imaginator
    Ethnicity
    East Asian
    Ancestry
    Zhuang Ethnic
    Country
    China
    Taxonomy
    Scion of Chaos
    Politics
    Order Of Chaos
    Hero
    President Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin
    Religion
    Amun-Ra
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,048
    Given: 987

0 Not allowed!

I can not pretend to understand a lot but I just think about religions more than most people. I just find Buddhism is like water, it provides mental strength when ever is needed without going for the complicated rituals and ceremonies. Christianity allows me to know more about other people, seeing the world in a challenging way, to go deeper about knowing oneself than one starts with Buddhism. For me, it maybe weird but I am more buddhist than christian, yet, more about freeing thinking than being a buddhist.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information