H
    Politics
    oh look. the curve is flattening.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,431
    Given: 241

0 Not allowed!

Default An Exhausted woman's 'beautiful summary of motherhood'

Exhausted woman's VERY honest post about struggling to live in the moment while raising her children is hailed as a 'beautiful summary of motherhood'
    Casey Huff shared her late-night reflections on motherhood on Facebook
    Said she was struggling to live in the moment while raising her baby sons
    Too busy simultaneously reminiscing about the past and longing for future
    Post went viral after striking a chord with fellow mothers who said it hit home
    By Jessica Rach For Mailonline
    PUBLISHED: 12:50 BST, 10 April 2018

A mother's bittersweet Facebook post about being torn between longing for her babies to stay small forever, and yearning for the days when they're old enough to sleep through the night has gone viral.

Exhausted Casey Huff, from Colorado, who is in her 30s and has two sons aged three and one, confessed she was so busy reminiscing about the past, and dreaming of the future, she was forgetting to live in the moment.

The former elementary school teacher's frank post has been liked and shared over 20,000 times after striking a chord with fellow mothers, one of whom hailed Casey's words as a 'beautiful summary of motherhood'.

'Conflicted' Casey had poured out her heart online after waking in the middle of the night to tend to her crying baby, and admitted to struggling to find a balance between 'longing for the past, living in the present, and praying for the future'.

Casey Huff, from Colorado, took to Facebook this week to remind parents to appreciate every moment of their child's life in a touching post that has gone viral

'I both long for the nights when the whole of your body fit cradled in just one of my arms, and look forward to the nights when you will sleep all the way through, giving me permission to take my own sleep in one big, dreamy lump sum,' Casey wrote.

She went on to describe between heartbroken to see her child grow out of his 'favourite onesie', while at the same time looking forward to the day he can wear the 'too big' shoes she bought because she could imagine him 'running across the yard in them'.

The former elementary school teacher, who is mother to two sons aged three and one, shared an honest insight into motherhood which struck a chord with thousands of parents, garnering 20,000 likes, shares and comments

The mother-of-two also confessed that while she missed the baby seat her youngest son rode home from the hospital in, she also couldn't wait for the days he could fasten his own seatbelt.

'I long for the cling of your newborn fingers, yet I look forward to the days when you don't need me quite so much for every little thing,' she wrote.

Casey said she shared the post as a reminder to appreciate every moment of raising her children.

'In my reminiscing for what was, and anticipation of what will be, I forget to recognize the now; overshooting it by the five minutes that it'll take to finish "this" task, or the two weeks that it'll take for you to get through "that" difficult phase,' she wrote.

Sharing her struggle as she attempted to help her child sleep during a nighttime feed, she confessed her longing for the future when her 1-year-old would sleep through the night

But then reflecting on the struggle to balance the past, the present and the future, she reminded herself to appreciate every moment

She concluded: 'My heart is probably always going to long, and my mind is always going to look forward, but I'm also going to give it my all to not overlook these moments we're living.'

The touching post quickly racked up 8,000 likes and was shared more than 9,000 times by moms who said Casey's words hit home.

One nostalgic mother replied: 'Never wish for time to go by because when they are all grown up (and time sure flies by) and they walk out that door to start their own lives.

'I remember it like yesterday when the last of my three children closed that door I would have given anything to have them safe in their beds every night to tuck them in So yes hold them tighter and enjoy having them under your wing because time goes by like a whisper in the wind'.

Parents flooded the comments section with a staggering 2,000 replies, confessing their own memories

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz5CI0d2JOC

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent