Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: 2 Sicilian Bell Beaker (2500 BC) GEDMatches.... VERY interesting.

  1. #31
    Veteran Member Ajeje Brazorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Posts
    1,154
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 767/26
    Given: 0/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Dodecad K12b Admixture Proportions
    Spoiler!

    Oracle
    Spoiler!

    Oracle-4
    Spoiler!

    Dodecad K7b Admixture Proportions
    Spoiler!

    Oracle
    Spoiler!

    Oracle-4
    Spoiler!

    Dodecad V3 Admixture Proportions
    Spoiler!

    Oracle
    Spoiler!

    Oracle-4
    Spoiler!

    Eurogenes K36 Admixture Proportions
    Spoiler!

    Jtest Admixture Proportions
    Spoiler!

    Oracle
    Spoiler!

    Oracle-4
    Spoiler!

    EUtest Admixture Proportions
    Spoiler!

    Oracle
    Spoiler!

    Oracle-4
    Spoiler!

  2. #32
    Administrator
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Sikeliot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Greco-Roman
    Ancestry
    Italic, Hellenic, Slavic, Iberian, West African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Gender
    Posts
    102,423
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36,681/2,029
    Given: 10,446/920

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    They can basically be modeled as a mixture of Sardinian and West Asian of different types.

  3. #33
    Administrator
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Sikeliot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Greco-Roman
    Ancestry
    Italic, Hellenic, Slavic, Iberian, West African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Gender
    Posts
    102,423
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36,681/2,029
    Given: 10,446/920

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajeje Brazorf View Post
    Dodecad K12b Admixture Proportions
    Spoiler!

    Oracle
    Spoiler!

    Oracle-4
    Spoiler!

    Dodecad K7b Admixture Proportions
    Spoiler!

    Oracle
    Spoiler!

    Oracle-4
    Spoiler!

    Dodecad V3 Admixture Proportions
    Spoiler!

    Oracle
    Spoiler!

    Oracle-4
    Spoiler!

    Eurogenes K36 Admixture Proportions
    Spoiler!

    Jtest Admixture Proportions
    Spoiler!

    Oracle
    Spoiler!

    Oracle-4
    Spoiler!

    EUtest Admixture Proportions
    Spoiler!

    Oracle
    Spoiler!

    Oracle-4
    Spoiler!


    While it is obvious when comparing to modern people that modern Sicilians are more Near Eastern than the Bell Beaker sample, it is also evident that at least a significant portion of said affinity is prehistoric and ancient, predating Phoenicians, Arabs, and Berbers.

    The main change seems to be the 10% or so Steppe input being introduced, and a reduction of Sardinian-like ancestry.

  4. #34
    Veteran Member Ajeje Brazorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Posts
    1,154
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 767/26
    Given: 0/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    They can basically be modeled as a mixture of Sardinian and West Asian of different types. While it is obvious when comparing to modern people that modern Sicilians are more Near Eastern than the Bell Beaker sample, it is also evident that at least a significant portion of said affinity is prehistoric and ancient, predating Phoenicians, Arabs, and Berbers. The main change seems to be the 10% or so Steppe input being introduced, and a reduction of Sardinian-like ancestry.
    Actually, it comes out as half Sardinian and half south Italian:

    1 Armenian + North_Italian + Sardinian + Sardinian @ 5.452023
    1 68.3% Sardinian + 31.7% Armenian @ 5.57
    2 51.4% South_Italian + 48.6% Sardinian @ 5.57
    1 50% Sardinian +25% South_Italian +25% South_Italian @ 6.385821
    1 50% Sardinian +50% South_Italian @ 6.385821
    2 Assyrian + North_Italian + Sardinian + Sardinian @ 5.660604

    Which makes sense, considering that the Beaker was introduced in Sicily from Sardinia and that this woman may be partially mixed with newcomers. This is a low quality sample, we'd need more samples from more historical periods and from various areas of Sicily before repeating obsessively that Sicilians are more "Levantine" compared to their ancient counterparts. Modern Sicilians, if compared to this individual, aren't even Lebanon-shifted.


  5. #35
    Administrator
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Sikeliot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Greco-Roman
    Ancestry
    Italic, Hellenic, Slavic, Iberian, West African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Gender
    Posts
    102,423
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36,681/2,029
    Given: 10,446/920

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajeje Brazorf View Post
    Actually, it comes out as half Sardinian and half south Italian:

    1 Armenian + North_Italian + Sardinian + Sardinian @ 5.452023
    1 68.3% Sardinian + 31.7% Armenian @ 5.57
    2 51.4% South_Italian + 48.6% Sardinian @ 5.57
    1 50% Sardinian +25% South_Italian +25% South_Italian @ 6.385821
    1 50% Sardinian +50% South_Italian @ 6.385821
    2 Assyrian + North_Italian + Sardinian + Sardinian @ 5.660604

    Which makes sense, considering that the Beaker was introduced in Sicily from Sardinia and that this woman may be partially mixed with newcomers. This is a low quality sample, we'd need more samples from more historical periods and from various areas of Sicily before repeating obsessively that Sicilians are more "Levantine" compared to their ancient counterparts. Modern Sicilians, if compared to this individual, aren't even Lebanon-shifted.


    Modern Sicilians are more West Asian than the Bell Beaker sample even if not Levantine but on many calculators you posted they come up a mixture of Sardinian around 60% and the rest Levantine or Armenian.

  6. #36
    Veteran Member Ajeje Brazorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Gender
    Posts
    1,154
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 767/26
    Given: 0/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    Modern Sicilians are more West Asian than the Bell Beaker sample even if not Levantine but on many calculators you posted they come up a mixture of Sardinian around 60% and the rest Levantine or Armenian.
    Yes, but you must also take into account the low quality of the sample (maximum 6744 SNPs). I have posted the calculators from the most accurate to the least, but the only more or less reliable ones are HarappaWorld, Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 and perhaps Eurogenes K13. I hope that in the future with a larger set of ancient DNA we'll be able to give precise conclusions.

  7. #37
    Administrator
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Sikeliot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Greco-Roman
    Ancestry
    Italic, Hellenic, Slavic, Iberian, West African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Gender
    Posts
    102,423
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 36,681/2,029
    Given: 10,446/920

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ajeje Brazorf View Post
    Yes, but you must also take into account the low quality of the sample (maximum 6744 SNPs). I have posted the calculators from the most accurate to the least, but the only more or less reliable ones are HarappaWorld, Eurogenes EUtest V2 K15 and perhaps Eurogenes K13. I hope that in the future with a larger set of ancient DNA we'll be able to give precise conclusions.

    I think it is consistent because if you think of them as half Sardinian and half south Italian, the half "south Italian" will have within it a certain amount of genes that could be modeled as West Asian.



    If anything this person (the Sicilian Bell Beaker) is closest to Mycenaeans, at least when compared to other ancient and modern samples.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bell Beaker examples
    By Goswinus in forum Anthropology
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 06-03-2018, 10:01 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-25-2018, 12:04 PM
  3. New Bell Beaker papers
    By Peterski in forum Genetics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2017, 11:00 AM
  4. New Bell Beaker papers
    By Peterski in forum DNA Scientific Papers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2017, 11:00 AM
  5. Ressurrection in Bell Beaker relgion
    By Prisoner Of Ice in forum Megaliths & Prehistory
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2015, 03:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •