Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does crocodile or alligator meat taste like?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,241
    Given: 7,078

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by that guy View Post
    Another good one is armadillo, if cayman is the amalgamation of fish+chicken then armadillo is chicken+beef. Armadillos are protected most of the time though, so it's pretty difficult getting to one unless you're in the right place in the countryside. Caymans on the other hand are very numerous, but noone wants to f-- with them. haha
    Do they have any restaurants in your area or elsewhere you've been which actually serve armadillo or cayman/alligator dishes? ..If hunting for them is difficult then finding actual restaurants which serve them must be even more difficult lol.. But are you big on seafood type of meat, or more of that non-seafood kind of meats?--Seafood is different and exotic indeed, but there's nothing like drooling over a good old fashioned juicy medium rare prepared porterhouse steak at one's own local steakhouse haha.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-24-2023 @ 12:43 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British-Iberian
    Ancestry
    Home Counties of England, Northern Iberia, Southern Brazil
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,398
    Given: 1,472

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazouzu View Post
    Do they have any restaurants in your area or elsewhere you've been which actually serve armadillo or cayman/alligator dishes? ..If hunting for them is difficult then finding actual restaurants which serve them must be even more difficult lol..
    I've had "home made" cayman and another time armadillo in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, where the Pantanal is located (world's largest wetland area). A couple years back I had cayman in a restaurant/bar in the state of Pernambuco. There are some restaurants that serve cayman in the state of São Paulo aswell, but very few in between.

But in my home state, it's very dificult to find such dishes.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British-Iberian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazouzu
    But are you big on seafood type of meat, or more of that non-seafood kind of meats?--Seafood is different and exotic indeed, but there's nothing like drooling over a good old fashioned juicy medium rare prepared porterhouse steak at one's own local steakhouse haha.
    Oh I love seafood too! in that regard my state is great, many rivers and great coastal towns to get fresh fish and other seafood from, and Brazil's southern steakhouses and barbeques are legendary in South America, especially the Churrasco Gaúcho.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-11-2023 @ 03:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    waka waka
    Country
    Hong-Kong
    Y-DNA
    R-L151
    Taxonomy
    Like Mowgli, but Romanian
    Hero
    the girl reading this 😍😍
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,188
    Given: 3,105

1 Not allowed!

tastes like a dead animal

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Oh I love seafood too! in that regard my state is great, many rivers and great coastal towns to get fresh fish and other seafood from, and Brazil's southern steakhouses and barbeques are legendary in South America, especially the Churrasco Gaúcho.

I ate at this one restaurant in Chicago called 'Texas de Brazil' one time and they had all sorts of what I believe to have been grilled steak and other different meats, and there was a ton of meat choices to choose from actually: https://texasdebrazil.com/ The waiter or waitress comes by your table every so often to offer you a new kind of grilled meat on a silver stick to serve to you, I loved it & the place was great too!

Seafood is awesome too, though I really love beef as well, so to manage my cravings I prefer to alternate and have seafood once in a while...while fish & chicken more regularly and beef and pork a little less often than that. I heard red meat in general is not too healthy when consumed every day, but I love fish and chicken anyway so it doesn't really matter lol

But I've always thought of living in seclusion and how different it would be, like to be in some wilderness where I'd have to farm and prepare my own meats to cook at home in my cabin in the woods haha with not a single McDonald's or fast food restaurant in sight

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British-Iberian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I ate at this one restaurant in Chicago called 'Texas de Brazil' one time and they had all sorts of what I believe to have been grilled steak and other different meats, and there was a ton of meat choices to choose from actually: https://texasdebrazil.com/ The waiter or waitress comes by your table every so often to offer you a new kind of grilled meat on a silver stick to serve to you, I loved it & the place was great too!
    Ah, that's what we call rodizio, I always end up eating so much that I get sick lol
    Spoiler!

Seafood is awesome too, though I really love beef as well, so to manage my cravings I prefer to alternate and have seafood once in a while...while fish & chicken more regularly and beef and pork a little less often than that. I heard red meat in general is not too healthy when consumed every day, but I love fish and chicken anyway so it doesn't really matter lol
    It's what I tend to do aswell, red meat weighs down your digestion too much.

But I've always thought of living in seclusion and how different it would be, like to be in some wilderness where I'd have to farm and prepare my own meats to cook at home in my cabin in the woods haha with not a single McDonald's or fast food restaurant in sight
    [/quote]

I have some family members in the deep country that live like that, sometimes I spend some time with them on the cattle farm, but while it's a lovely rustic experience for short periods of time it's too much work for me. haha

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian from Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Taxonomy
    Grazilmediterranid
    Politics
    Autocratic
    Hero
    René Descartes
    Religion
    Cartesian
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Ah, that's what we call rodizio, I always end up eating so much that I get sick lol
    Spoiler!

It's what I tend to do aswell, red meat weighs down your digestion too much.

I have some family members in the deep country that live like that, sometimes I spend some time with them on the cattle farm, but while it's a lovely rustic experience for short periods of time it's too much work for me. haha
    I observed that as well that the restaurant was almost all meat-based, to me it's nice to try just once in a while as it was quite heavy on the meat. What are some of the other awesome dishes where it's not primarily meat-only?

I also have some family members in northern philippines who live that country sort of life farming and eating their own food in the countryside isolated from all urban society; It's nice for a vacation when visiting them don't get me wrong but the jobs required to be in such a setting are indeed quite laborious, plus there's much much more to do in the urbanized city; it gets tiring and even very boring staying in the countryside for a long time. In the city they've got bars, shopping, lots of restaurants, and many more entertainment options to choose from. I love beach settings too but perhaps I might actually be more of a city guy tbh lol.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance, Germanic
    Ethnicity
    British-Iberian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Brazil
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I observed that as well that the restaurant was almost all meat-based, to me it's nice to try just once in a while as it was quite heavy on the meat. What are some of the other awesome dishes where it's not primarily meat-only?
    Brazilians are very carnivorous haha, but off the top of my head some nice dishes we have that are not meat based or low on meat are:

Spoiler!

I also have some family members in northern philippines who live that country sort of life farming and eating their own food in the countryside isolated from all urban society; It's nice for a vacation when visiting them don't get me wrong but the jobs required to be in such a setting are indeed quite laborious, plus there's much much more to do in the urbanized city; it gets tiring and even very boring staying in the countryside for a long time. In the city they've got bars, shopping, lots of restaurants, and many more entertainment options to choose from. I love beach settings too but perhaps I might actually be more of a city guy tbh lol.
    I always thought to myself "woudn't it be just great if I found myself a nice ranch away from civilization, with only my thoughts to make me company and all the healthy food and fresh water that nature could bring me" it turns out that nope, it ain't for me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information