mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,437
    Given: 1,436

0 Not allowed!

Here is an example how old ragged Finnish people looked. I have these pictures maybe hundreds. Richer people had a bit more flesh on cheeks, not much. But you have your "forest people" narratives and I know that you prefer to believe in it and utilize prejudices of people who know little about Finland.

Last edited by Lemminkäinen; 07-26-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-17-2021 @ 07:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,840
    Given: 2,076

0 Not allowed!

Here's more photos from Lemminkäinen's site that demonstrate phenotypic variation within Finland (http://arkisto.kirjastovirma.fi/item...%5Bterms%5D=19). The photos are from 1910s to 1940s and from Northern Ostrobothnia (at least mostly). You can prepend "http://arkisto.kirjastovirma.fi/items/show/" to the number below the image to open the page of the image.

Uralisch (non-prominent eyelids; wide face; nose tends to be more short, concave, or wide; canthal tilt tends to be higher):

Anti-Uralisch (prominent eyelids; narrow face; nose tends to be more long, convex, or narrow; canthal tilt tends to be lower):

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ymyyakhtakh View Post
    Here's more photos from Lemminkäinen's site that demonstrate phenotypic variation within Finland (http://arkisto.kirjastovirma.fi/item...%5Bterms%5D=19). The photos are from 1910s to 1940s and from Northern Ostrobothnia (at least mostly). You can prepend "http://arkisto.kirjastovirma.fi/items/show/" to the number below the image to open the page of the image.

Uralisch (non-prominent eyelids; wide face; nose tends to be more short, concave, or wide; canthal tilt tends to be higher):

Anti-Uralisch (prominent eyelids; narrow face; nose tends to be more long, convex, or narrow; canthal tilt tends to be lower):

Of course the there was also broad faces etc., because the eastern influence from the 16th century took place especially in inlands, but they were not original Finns. What happened during the Swedish-Russian wars was similar to the event of "Forest Finns" in Sweden; a racial mixture of so called Laplanders and Karelians moved westwards while the Russian srmy pushed original Finns as immigrants to Sweden. If you wish, you can pretend that mixed Saami-Karelian people are original Finns, although this admixture is only 400-500 years old. However the seaside mostly saved from this invasion to the beginning of the 20 century. Funny how you play using present-day administrative regions instead of old historical provinces, so why not to take Ostrobothnian examples from the Russian border where people still carry Saami surnames:

Again, your dishonesty in your way to reckon the Finnish history is same as usual.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

For comparison, original East Finns - Izhorians. They are not mixed Laplanders:

https://politicalhotwire.com/threads...ulture.219976/

https://www.google.fi/search?q=izhor...fVd7eINMw8pHqM
    Last edited by Lemminkäinen; 07-27-2020 at 08:34 AM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

A tree picture figuring the HG N. You see the Finnish branch which came from Estonia, Karelian branch which came from Russia and a pseudo branch named Savonian. Actually it is a branch of Laplanders, who mixed with Karelians after the Swedish second Crusade. Swedes subjugated Orthodox Karelians and moved them to the bsckwoods of East Finland, to the Lanlanders' lands. The plan was to "tame" Laplanders and get more taxes.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-17-2021 @ 07:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,840
    Given: 2,076

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    Of course the there was also broad faces etc., because the eastern influence from the 16th century took place especially in inlands, but they were not original Finns.
    The fundamental fallacy of anthrotardism is that differences in phenotype are caused by differences in admixture.

Actually Eastern Finns look the same as Western Finns:

When I made the morphs above, I excluded players whose place of birth was listed as Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, or Tampere.

The Western Finnish morph has a slightly higher distance between the eyebrows and the eyes (which indicates higher orbits), higher upper eyelid eposure, and lower canthal tilt. However it could be partially because of differences in camera angle. The Western Finnish morph also has a slightly lower vertical position of the ears, which is a sign of a lower camera angle.

There's even a black equivalent of a Uralic-like type (wide face and chinky eyes) and an anti-Uralic type (narrow face and woggy eyes):

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ymyyakhtakh View Post
    The fundamental fallacy of anthrotardism is that differences in phenotype are caused by differences in admixture.

Actually Eastern Finns look the same as Western Finns:

When I made the morphs above, I excluded players whose place of birth was listed as Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa, or Tampere.

The Western Finnish morph has a slightly higher distance between the eyebrows and the eyes (which indicates higher orbits), higher upper eyelid eposure, and lower canthal tilt. However it could be partially because of differences in camera angle. The Western Finnish morph also has a slightly lower vertical position of the ears, which is a sign of a lower camera angle.

There's even a black equivalent of a Uralic-like type (wide face and chinky eyes) and an anti-Uralic type (narrow face and woggy eyes):

Lol, not credible.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The numbering of Swedish crusades varies. The Swedish history speaks about three crusades, but the first one is not proven in literature. Following Swedish numbering the first one was against West Finns, the second one against Tavastians and the third one against Karelians. Actually we had three proven crusades too. The first against Tavastians, the second one against Karelians and the third one to capture the Bothnian Bay from Novgorodians and their allies, White Sea Karelians. All four crusades have figured in Swedish sources. The Treaty of Nöteborg was made after the Swedish Bothnian Bay operation, but it didn't solve things and wars continued in this area almost 300 years.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Here explained. The crusade against Karelians was 1293, against Bothnian Bay also 1293. The Nöteborgs treaty was 1323. The disputed first crusade was 1150.

https://www.tacitus.nu/historical-at...dinavia/s1.htm

In the Vasa age Swedes stabilized East Finland by moving occupied Katelians there to tame Laplanders (South Saamis if you wish).

https://www.tacitus.nu/historical-at...dinavia/s2.htm

Those Saamis were not reindeer herders, but moving people without farms. They cultivated crop plants, but practiced hunting in winter selling furs to Finnish, Swedish and German traders. They had separated summer and winter cottages. The Swedish taxing logic required that all people were land owners, registered and bound to the system.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

My ancestors were those first Birkarls who occupied the piece of the seaside of the Bothnian Bay in 1293. They were Christian warriors from Satakunta and crusaders (first Birkarls) who dispelled pagan White Sea Karelians.
    Last edited by Lemminkäinen; 07-28-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information