Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,828
    Given: 13,088

0 Not allowed!

My mode of responding to the OP is to concentrate hard and perceive the two societal zones within Europe, which martial aesthetics abandoned last in the general conceding of ground to politicization and pacification.

A candle, of course, is also lit.
    If you see a post in red font made by my username, that means that it is Pompey's post, not mine.

Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 04:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic, German, some Jewish
    Ancestry
    Mercia/Northumbria, Westphalia/Baden-Wuttemburg, Mayo/Donegal, Powys, Argyll, Pas-de-Calais, Poland?
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    probably alpine+atlantid/mediterranid
    Politics
    non party affiliated center-right
    Hero
    Vercingetorix, Caratacus, Arminius, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glyndwr, Jan Sobieski III
    Religion
    I feel connected to paganism & my ancestors but am also scientific
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,927
    Given: 2,177

2 Not allowed!

The celts conquered half of europe, and were hired as mercenaries by egyptians, jews, and various other mid-eastern and Mediterranean peoples, and drove the martial technological world throughout the late bronze age and early iron age, inventing harder bronze (6/94% ratio of tin to copper), longer blades, chain mail, larger shields, helmet designs so great that they would be adopted by the Romans (along with the shields, and chain mail), perfecting first chariot warfare and dueling, then cavalry and infantry.

The picts (who are pretty much confirmed to be celtic) stove off the romans for a thousand years, and then fought the Anglo-saxons, Gaels, Brittons, and Norse on all sides finally leading to there collapse (and even then it was more of an assimilation then a conquest!). The Gaels held out against Viking armies, along with Saxon and norman invaders till finally be swallowed by england in the 1600's. the Welsh fought the Anglo-saxons the most, and still held out against many norman, viking, gaelic, and pictish invasions and raids. Also the Welsh invented the famed longbow that was adopted by england to beat back the french.
    The scottish won against various viking, and english campaigns only being absorbed into england politically. The gauls fought their way from the Atlantic to shores of the black sea, and the central anatolian highlands, almost destroying Greece, and Rome in the process. Their militaristic technology was adopted by everyone around them rather then vise versa. The germanic peoples who later defeated them used the vary weapons, and armor they invented along with larger numbers to finish the job. What I'm saying is the celts have had it the absolute worst out of any surviving indo-european people in the last 2000 years, and yet still have clung to dear life, and never being truly defeated in Scotland despite literally all odds

Last Online
    02-12-2020 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Me: DinaroMed, Pompey: AtlantoMed
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldNorth View Post
    The celts conquered half of europe, and were hired as mercenaries by egyptians, jews, and various other mid-eastern and Mediterranean peoples, and drove the martial technological world throughout the late bronze age and early iron age, inventing harder bronze (6/94% ratio of tin to copper), longer blades, chain mail, larger shields, helmet designs so great that they would be adopted by the Romans (along with the shields, and chain mail), perfecting first chariot warfare and dueling, then cavalry and infantry.

The picts (who are pretty much confirmed to be celtic) stove off the romans for a thousand years, and then fought the Anglo-saxons, Gaels, Brittons, and Norse on all sides finally leading to there collapse (and even then it was more of an assimilation then a conquest!). The Gaels held out against Viking armies, along with Saxon and norman invaders till finally be swallowed by england in the 1600's. the Welsh fought the Anglo-saxons the most, and still held out against many norman, viking, gaelic, and pictish invasions and raids. Also the Welsh invented the famed longbow that was adopted by england to beat back the french.
    The scottish won against various viking, and english campaigns only being absorbed into england politically. The gauls fought their way from the Atlantic to shores of the black sea, and the central anatolian highlands, almost destroying Greece, and Rome in the process. Their militaristic technology was adopted by everyone around them rather then vise versa. The germanic peoples who later defeated them used the vary weapons, and armor they invented along with larger numbers to finish the job. What I'm saying is the celts have had it the absolute worst out of any surviving indo-european people in the last 2000 years, and yet still have clung to dear life, and never being truly defeated in Scotland despite literally all odds
    Nice post.
    If you see a post in red font made by my username, that means that it is Pompey's post, not mine.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Mercia/Northumbria, Westphalia/Baden-Wuttemburg, Mayo/Donegal, Powys, Argyll, Pas-de-Calais, Poland?
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Vercingetorix, Caratacus, Arminius, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glyndwr, Jan Sobieski III
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dna8 View Post
    Nice post.
    thanks, as you can see, I'm both logically and emotionally driven on that opinion

Banned
    Last Online
    10-18-2023 @ 09:25 PM
    Ethnicity
    Vampir
    Ancestry
    Cain
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    J2-M67
    mtDNA
    R0A2
    Taxonomy
    Irano-CM + Turanid or Mestizo + CM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,331
    Given: 6,235

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dna8 View Post
    Balkans, Kavkaz.
    > Kavkaz
    > Uropeen

Last Online
    02-12-2020 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Me: DinaroMed, Pompey: AtlantoMed
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eggyolk View Post
    > Kavkaz
    > Uropeen

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,455
    Given: 28,922

2 Not allowed!

The Celts fought too much with each other. When they decided to put their differences aside they were a formidable enemy. The best at keeping a united front were the Welsh.

Here's an interesting part of Welsh history.

There are many great figures in all the Insular Celtic countries' histories. I suppose for the Welsh it is Owain Glyndwr, the Irish Brian Boru and for the Scots William Wallace. There is finally going to be a series made about Brian Boru. Yah! I've been wanting a movie or series about Brian for a long time.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Türk
    Ancestry
    Aegean, Inner Anatolia, Transcaucasia
    Country
    Turkey
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,160
    Given: 3,931

0 Not allowed!

Germans and Serbs imo.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    The Celts fought too much with each other. When they decided to put their differences aside they were a formidable enemy. The best at keeping a united front were the Welsh.

Here's an interesting part of Welsh history.

There are many great figures in all the Insular Celtic countries' histories. I suppose for the Welsh it is Owain Glyndwr, the Irish Brian Boru and for the Scots William Wallace. There is finally going to be a series made about Brian Boru. Yah! I've been wanting a movie or series about Brian for a long time.
    For the Scottish, I'd say Robert the Bruce. Either way when the Romans invaded, the Gauls united under Vercingetorix, and would've won to, if it wasn't for Julius Caesar being a brilliant, and experienced general with a highly loyal army. Vercingetorix himself would've defeated the romans, if literally any other general was invading...

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,455
    Given: 28,922

1 Not allowed!

For the Scottish, I'd say Robert the Bruce. Either way when the Romans invaded, the Gauls united under Vercingetorix, and would've won to, if it wasn't for Julius Caesar being a brilliant, and experienced general with a highly loyal army. Vercingetorix himself would've defeated the romans, if literally any other general was invading...
    I've just started watching Britannia which is about the Romans invading Britain. Just watched the first episode and the Celts are all mysterious and magic with the Druids etc. A lot of these historical dramas are not very factual but they are entertaining.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information