Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does the government watch our internet activity?

Junior Member Dirty Dingus MaGee's Avatar
    Last Online
    03-13-2019 @ 06:03 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hybrid Mongolcasian
    Ethnicity
    1/4 Asian 3/4 Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 10

0 Not allowed!

In the west it's not the government you have to worry so much about as opposed to the corporations and super rich who own the government. There are regulations in government in regards to information gathering/sharing - but for corporate interests they can much more easily bypass any regulations thanks to them buying out our governments. Foreign agents, corporations, tech companies and other industries all make their profit by selling your information. I think that most of the conspiracy bullshit is pretty harmless because most people can't see past the bullshit to identify who the real enemies are.

The greatest trick of the oppressor is to divide up the groups he's oppressing and aim them at each other.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-15-2018 @ 08:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic-Minor-Basque-Latin
    Ethnicity
    Hiberno-Norman-Insular-French
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Larali View Post
    No, private companies called Google and Facebook do. They call it "marketing"

It is surprising how little Americans know of how much their government spies on them through the NSA. Go out on the streets and ask how many Americans know who Edward Snowden is more Americans know who Kim Kardashian is, though.

Also, www.duckduckgo.com does not spie on you like google etc...

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dingus MaGee View Post
    In the west it's not the government you have to worry so much about as opposed to the corporations and super rich who own the government. There are regulations in government in regards to information gathering/sharing - but for corporate interests they can much more easily bypass any regulations thanks to them buying out our governments. Foreign agents, corporations, tech companies and other industries all make their profit by selling your information. I think that most of the conspiracy bullshit is pretty harmless because most people can't see past the bullshit to identify who the real enemies are.

The greatest trick of the oppressor is to divide up the groups he's oppressing and aim them at each other.
    The NSA does not give a shit about regulations like the unreasonable searches and seizures clause in the American constitution. The NSA basically spies on all Americans and to a lesser extent the entire world since the world uses stuff like google and a lot of internet traffic , from outside the USA, bounces off American servers.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    Like will the government stalk your internet activity and use it to get you and hurt you?

Is VPN sufficient protection?
    In America things like even your modern refrigerator spy on you through the IoT. Seriously, speaking the government is not currently spying on my communications to this forum because they can't I am 31337 H4X0r (elite hacker) :

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Default cypherpunks !

Like will the government stalk your internet activity and use it to get you and hurt you?

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archiv...lue_of_pr.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cypherpunk

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...2-cypherpunks#

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Why is this in the 'conspiracies' section of the forum ? Oh, yeah, that is right : you are American and being stupid is almost a requirement for American citenzship. It is not conspiracy it is a proven fact of reality via Edward Snowden and the documents he released.

Well maybe it belongs in this section in the broad sense but it is definitely not a 'conspiracy theory' it is a proven fact of reality.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dingus MaGee View Post

Dear American moron there is no difference between the corporations and the super rich and the American government. America is not a Democracy it is an Oligarchy, yet, you moronic Americans voted Trump into office. Meanwhile the French proved that they are smarter than Americans by not voting for Le Pen but instead for Macron.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hybrid Mongolcasian
    Ethnicity
    1/4 Asian 3/4 Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    The NSA does not give a shit about regulations like the unreasonable searches and seizures clause in the American constitution. The NSA basically spies on all Americans and to a lesser extent the entire world since the world uses stuff like google and a lot of internet traffic , from outside the USA, bounces off American servers.
    I know that and I know who Edward Snowden is and what he exposed and I know about the patriot act and I'm against all of that even if you have nothing to hide. It still doesn't negate the fact that corporate lobbying is disgusting here and that's where the problem lies. Before the patriot act the Government could still easily spy on you through a third party, through groups that sponsor campaigns and both sides of our politics.
    The greatest trick of the oppressor is to divide the groups he's oppressing and aim them at each other

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hybrid Mongolcasian
    Ethnicity
    1/4 Asian 3/4 Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    Dear American moron there is no difference between the corporations and the super rich and the American government. America is not a Democracy it is an Oligarchy, yet, you moronic Americans voted Trump into office. Meanwhile the French proved that they are smarter than Americans by not voting for Le Pen but instead for Macron.
    No shit, that was literally my point. Maybe if you knew what oligarchy meant you'd see that. You can talk as much shit about my country to make yourself feel better, or state how much smarter you think you are. I try not to blind myself with my own arrogance and try to acknowledge that the whole world is falling apart and not just a single country lol.
    The greatest trick of the oppressor is to divide the groups he's oppressing and aim them at each other

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information