Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: When China becomes the No 1 economy, will East Asians replace Whites as the global beauty standard?

Last Online
    03-01-2024 @ 12:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Luso-Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Portuguese, Lombard, Amerindian, German
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Galicia
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid + Dinarid
    Politics
    Traditionalist
    Hero
    Jesus Christ
    Religion
    Roman Catholic Apostolic
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94
    Given: 70

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Given that for the last five hundred or so years, one predominantly White country or another has been the global superpower, this has undoubtedly left its effects in terms of what is seen as more or less attractive across the globe. Therefore, once China becomes the No 1 economy and world superpower, will we all of a sudden regard archetypal East Asian characteristics - yellowish skin, small eyes, small frames etc. - as being more attractive and desirable than any other?
    the communist government has little to no interest in beauty standards, massive consumption and labels.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kamisama
    Ethnicity
    20% Orcadian, 20% Pacific Ocean mermaid/Laputa, 20% Irish Sun Kamisama, 20% Venetian cosmos Kamisama
    Ancestry
    Kamisama
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Kamisama
    Hero
    神様はじめました
    Religion
    Anime
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,246
    Given: 2,262

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Given that for the last five hundred or so years, one predominantly White country or another has been the global superpower, this has undoubtedly left its effects in terms of what is seen as more or less attractive across the globe. Therefore, once China becomes the No 1 economy and world superpower, will we all of a sudden regard archetypal East Asian characteristics - yellowish skin, small eyes, small frames etc. - as being more attractive and desirable than any other?
    They already have sort of. Korean girls are considered more attractive than Whites cuz they better take care of themselves lmao

Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Human
    Ethnicity
    Chinese
    Country
    China
    Politics
    Anti-nazi
    Hero
    Many
    Religion
    Free thinker
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,273
    Given: 3,574

0 Not allowed!

I don't think there is a "global beauty standart"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-Z17855)
    mtDNA
    R30
    Politics
    Where the wind blows
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of Sikeliot our saviour!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,187
    Given: 3,170

0 Not allowed!

The East Asian beauty standard seems to be already be somewhat Westernized af.

I watched the movie 'Crazy Rich Asians' a while back, what really struck me is that they had a few mixed people playing what were supposed to be full Chinese characters. I also noticed a lot of mixed celebrities seem to be popular in these Asian countries.

I think a mixed East Asian and European beauty standard is what a lot of them seem to aspire to, to be honest. Also, I don't know if that standard can really become popular worldwide, unlikely imo.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,937
    Given: 7,467

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    Certainly not.

Economic influence has few things to do with race attractiveness. African men are perceived as more attractive than east-asian men despite being less economically advantaged. And south east asians are perceived as more attractive than north east asians despite, again, being less economically advanced. The progression of east asian economies don't change anything, that just make them spend more money in cosmetics and plastic surgery to appear more white.
    Some women prefer Blacks to East Asians cause see them as more masculine but their looks don't have a positive association as a whole. Look at how much more negatively forum members react to the thought of having some Black blood or Black influence in their phenotype compared to those who may have some East Asian blood or EA influence in their phenotype. The difference couldn't be more stark.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mingle; 12-01-2018 at 06:48 AM.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yes, I think its possible.

Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Indo-Brachid + Gracile Indid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,455
    Given: 11,125

2 Not allowed!

agree with mingle. east asians have a higher status and looked at in a positive way across the globe in terms of education, aesthetics, or many other aspects. Economically they are already comparable to most western countries, atleast Japan and Korea are. China being a vast country still has many impoverished areas but their cities like Shanghai, HongKong will put many cities in the west to shame in terms of development. Soon they will lead in terms of economy and the global beauty standard will be very skewed towards that region. it kinda already is tbh through kpop.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-Z17855)
    mtDNA
    R30
    Politics
    Where the wind blows
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    Some women prefer Blacks to East Asians cause they're seen as more masculine but their looks don't have a positive association as a whole. Look at how much more negatively forum members react to the thought of having some Black blood or Black influence in their phenotype compared to those who may have some East Asian blood or EA influence in their phenotype. The difference couldn't be more stark.

The internet can tend to attract a certain type of person, often low key autists that love East Asian paraphernalia, oddly enough the proud East Asians in-touch with their culture actually make fun of people like that. The internet doesn't necessarily reflect the real world to a T, although it does to some extent.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arkas View Post
    The internet can tend to attract a certain type of person, often low key autists that love East Asian paraphernalia, oddly enough the proud East Asians in-touch with their culture actually make fun of people like that. The internet doesn't necessarily reflect the real world to a T, although it does to some extent.
    No mate, that's not it. East Asians are seen in a very positive light nowadays, especially when you look at how they compare with other non-Whites. There was even a thread here about which non-White immigrants you'd accept and almost everyone said East Asians. East Asians are even viewed by many White nationalists as somewhat equal. Dylan Roof, a White supremacist that shot up a Black church, praised East Asians calling them potential allies.

There are even some people (not only Europeans) that like Central Asian Mongoloids cause they're seen as exotic Steppe riders with a history of producing conquerors. Its not simply a fetish, but a result of East Asians improving their image and other non-European ethnic groups being stereotyped as criminals, thugs, rapists, desperate, creepy, etc.

Basically, many people nowadays, whether consciously or subconsciously, see Whites (Euros) and EAs as the most civilized racial groups (since they have the largest economes and the most most developed countries) and some may want to associate with EAs cause they're exotic or cause they're EA-philes as a result of stuff like K-pop, anime, etc. As Thambi said, this trend has already taken off to some degree.

Saying that the only people that love East Asia and East Asians are those with a paraphilia is like saying the only people that love Europe and Europeans are those with a paraphilia. Maybe the neckbeards that only want to marry a submissive 4'10" Japanese girl and watch anime 24/7 are like that, but I'm not talking about the people that take it that far, I'm just speaking in general terms.

Though I don't think that EAs are viewed more positively than Europeans as a whole. Those cases are a minority. Most people still have Eurocentric beauty standards. East Asians are in second place though and closing the gap. Third are maybe MENAs.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Eurasian
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-Z17855)
    mtDNA
    R30
    Politics
    Where the wind blows
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    No mate, that's not it. East Asians are seen in a very positive light nowadays, especially when you look at how they compare with other non-Whites. There was even a thread here about which non-White immigrants you'd accept and almost everyone said East Asians. East Asians are even viewed by many White nationalists as somewhat equal. Dylan Roof, a White supremacist that shot up a Black church, praised East Asians calling them potential allies.

There are even some people (not only Europeans) that like Central Asian Mongoloids cause they're seen as exotic Steppe riders with a history of producing conquerors. Its not simply a fetish, but a result of East Asians improving their image and other non-European ethnic groups being stereotyped as criminals, thugs, rapists, desperate, creepy, etc.

Basically, many people nowadays, whether consciously or subconsciously, see Whites (Euros) and EAs as the most civilized racial groups (since they have the largest economes and the most most developed countries) and some may want to associate with EAs cause they're exotic or cause they're EA-philes as a result of stuff like K-pop, anime, etc. As Thambi said, this trend has already taken off to some degree.

Saying that the only people that love East Asia and East Asians are those with a paraphilia is like saying the only people that love Europe and Europeans are those with a paraphilia. Maybe the neckbeards that only want to marry a submissive 4'10" Japanese girl and watch anime 24/7 are like that, but I'm not talking about the people that take it that far, I'm just speaking in general terms.

Though I don't think that EAs are viewed more positively than Europeans as a whole. Those cases are a minority. Most people still have Eurocentric beauty standards. East Asians are in second place though and closing the gap. Third are maybe MENAs.

Yes and no, the average young person has a positive view of East Asians but older people, they have a big problem with Asian gentrification, of all kinds but also East Asians, at least in Australia.

I agree with people mostly seeing Asians as civilised, although there are some people who talk badly about mainland Chinese people, like they let their children pee on trains and crazy shit which is probably rare but it happens.

One thing, a lot of these people that say they like East Asians don't actually know what it is like to see their neighbourhood become majority Asian. I know a lot of people, mostly 35+ who don't like gentrification and what it does to the communities they live in. Once minority groups become the majority in a neighbourhood, assimilation stops and segregation begins, the area is now Asian-centric and stops catering to non-Asians, the average person you meet in real life is not usually going to like this. Eg I know an area in Sydney that was almost going to build a Korean memorial garden over an existing community centre that people loved, people protested and shut the plans down.

For example, I once worked at a place where 50-60% of the employees were Chinese, 20% White and the rest were a mix of all different kinds. A lot of people had a problem with the Chinese there and talked badly about them, even the other Asians like some Viets and Koreans. Mainly I think because many would speak their language in the office and would not really bond with anyone other than Chinese employees, and our boss. They would invite all their fellow Chinese to lunch and the boss but exclude others.

Anyways, my point is that many internet people don't exist in the real world and are often disconnected from their own community, which is somewhat anti-East Asian at least in Australia.
    Last edited by arkas; 12-01-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread Information