Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: Serbians are mostly Whiter than Iberians, Western Asians and North Caucasians.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-M34
    Taxonomy
    CM + Alpinid + Orientalid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,052
    Given: 1,937

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Septentrion View Post
    Are you serious right now? You are comparing a mere 160 persons of Levantine descent with a whole nation of Europe, which is Portugal! Tamagnini studies are done all over Portugal, it is on a national level, so don't compare that with a small bunch of Levantines who are insignificant. I'm not saying that there aren't light-eyed people in those Arab populations. However, they are not on a European level. We have to learn to accept that they are Europeans, they're Western Asiatics. There is nothing with that. I saw and still see the difference between these people and us (Europeans).
    I only claimed that atypical non-European groups can be as light as the darker end of Southern Europeans for eye color. Nuristanis are probably a better example than Samaritans because there are an estimated 125.000–300.000 of them. I am aware some more remote valleys in Nuristan are lighter than average for the region although I am unsure of the details regarding Herrlich's sampling. Nevertheless, Samaritans are still a full-fledged ethnicity versus a sub-group regardless of their current numbers because they were a much larger population (as high as 1.5 million before Samaritan Revolts) that was repeatedly bottlenecked.

In the MENA region and also South/Central Asia there are relatively isolated populations who have lighter features than typical, particularly in mountainous areas. As Token shared Riffian tribes living in the Central Riff have an unusually high incidence of light features for the Maghreb. Among the Eastern Riffians like those living in the Spanish territory of Melilla this preponderance is not shared due to less isolation.
    Last edited by Melkiirs; 03-19-2024 at 05:01 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Milkaner View Post
    The 13.6% likely includes people like Vera Braz, Hugo Martins de Carvalho, or Paulo Ramalho who have essentially light but somewhat greenish or mixed eyes. Damiăo de Góis findings and my own for pure light depart over only a few such individuals with light mixed eyes. Blue and light greyish with no apparent mixture would be slightly less.

Vera Braz for example, do you consider this pure light like Damiăo de Góis does or light mixed like I do?:

I got 7-8% for blue-grey without any admixture just like Tamagnini regardless of uncertain cases.

It appears your standards for pure light are slightly more lenient than my own:
    Th resolution it's the best, but It appears there are small brown parts in her iris, so I would consider these light mixed eyes. Greenish parts in a grey or blue eye do not constitute mixed eyes. I think the 14% for Portugal includes only pure light (blue, grey and green-grey eyes) with no brown parts and 22% constitutes also light mixed. If this is not the case, then TNH's data is right for essentially every country in Europe except Portugal where he is off by 10%. It would also make Portugal the darkest eyed country in Europe and much darker than Spain.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,331
    Given: 2,699

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Milkaner View Post
    In the MENA region and also South/Central Asia there are relatively isolated populations who have lighter features than typical, particularly in mountainous areas. As Token shared Riffian tribes living in the Central Riff have an unusually high incidence of light features for the Maghreb. Among the coastal Riffians like those living in the Spanish territory of Melilla this preponderance is not shared due to less isolation.
    Such populations exist in Portugal as well. Coon reported meeting some blond populations in islands of the Azores.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread Information