Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: What percentage of Spaniards and Italians people pass as typical white Americans?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-18-2018 @ 03:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic Romance
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 578

1 Not allowed!

Sao Paulo metro dont look different from other metros in the Western World.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,481
    Given: 36,901

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by QUICAS View Post
    Sorry to people who live in the dream world where white americans are something scandinavian, a lot of white brazilians pass as one of them.
    Indeed, when I was living in Boston, and worked in a store, several times it happened to me that some customers approached me, and I assumed them to be regular white Anglo-Americans before they opened their mouth, but then I found out they were Brazilians. And this didn't happened to me in one or very few isolated times, but several times, since there are lots of Brazilians living in Boston, and most of them are from Minas Gerais, Sao Paulo, and southern Brazil.

They looked very western and "plain white", and many of them had very fair skin, blondish hair tones, light eyes, and all that.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-18-2018 @ 03:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic Romance
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 474
    Given: 578

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    Indeed, when I was living in Boston, and worked in a store, several times it happened to me that some customers approached me, and I assumed them to be regular white Anglo-Americans before they opened their mouth, but then I found out they were Brazilians. And this didn't happened to me in one or very few isolated times, but several times, since there are lots of Brazilians living in Boston, and most of them are from Minas Gerais, Sao Paulo, and southern Brazil.

They looked very western and "plain white", and many of them had very fair skin, blondish hair tones, light eyes, and all that.
    Huge chunk of iberians and italians descendants here are plain white. So I expect something similar to Spain and Italy. I already said my percentages some pages ago and I still mantain my last opinion.

Last Online
    01-01-2020 @ 03:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Norwegian/Danish/Frisian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Taxonomy
    Nordo-Cromagnid
    Politics
    Paleoconservatism
    Hero
    Canute the Great
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41,635
    Given: 16,016

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmith View Post
    You serious ,,where do you live??? West Coast???,,
    Yup.

Nancy Pelosi lives in San Fransico could easily pass for typical White American even if she is batshit crazy.
    And Nancy Pelosi is a transplant from Maryland.

7% is way too low for Italians not sure about Iberians as I do not see many.
    Actually in Southern Europe, you'll find the most people who overlap significantly in looks with the MENA folks. Genetically speaking, they are mainly Neolithic, however, their swarthy complexion is enough of a warning sign for Northern Europeans to disassociate with them. Hell, even in the liberal Northeast, Italians and Jews are referred to as "other", occasionally. Some liberal WASPs in Northeast would still be bothered if their daughter was dating a Southern European.

I doubt West Coast people have seen many Italians anyway except for the ones on Jersey Shore and in Hollywood Mafia movies.
    None of those Jersey Shore kids were fully Italian except for one. The OP is about Italians from Europe, I don't consider Italian-Americans to be a good representation of Italians from Southern Europe when these people have been in America for so long and are known for mixing out a lot and many of those mutts tend to claim their Italian heritage more than the other side. So many mutts who are mixed with Italian in the Northeast claim their Italian side for the most part. It is just fashionable to be full blooded Italian in the Northeast which is why so many mixed types claim it.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-30-2023 @ 01:53 AM
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,672
    Given: 882

0 Not allowed!

Sao Paulo metro dont look different from other metros in the Western World.
    Yes it does. Very, very few Northern European looking people.

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 03:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,167
    Given: 4,757

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Latinus View Post
    Brazilian actress Cecília Dassi has Italian ancestry and can pass as white American:
    if you can but not as one of Anglo / Irish / German descent who is the typical white.

Last Online
    03-26-2024 @ 03:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry iberian, german, italian
    Country
    Argentina
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,167
    Given: 4,757

1 Not allowed!

Sorry to people who live in the dream world where white americans are something scandinavian, a lot of white brazilians pass as one of them.
    The vast majority of white Americans are of British descent, Irish and german not-Scandinavian as you say, and the vast majority of white Brazilians are of Portuguese, Spanish and Italian origin. White Brazilians can pass as white Americans, but as a group there will be differences.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,248
    Given: 4,031

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    Yup.

And Nancy Pelosi is a transplant from Maryland.
    So what ?? She now lives on the West Coast,, I posted several people on this post that are Italian Americans that can easily pass for a WASP.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...=1#post5139390
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post

Actually in Southern Europe, you'll find the most people who overlap significantly in looks with the MENA folks. Genetically speaking, they are mainly Neolithic, however, their swarthy complexion is enough of a warning sign for Northern Europeans to disassociate with them. Hell, even in the liberal Northeast, Italians and Jews are referred to as "other", occasionally. Some liberal WASPs in Northeast would still be bothered if their daughter was dating a Southern European.

None of those Jersey Shore kids were fully Italian except for one. The OP is about Italians from Europe, I don't consider Italian-Americans to be a good representation of Italians from Southern Europe when these people have been in America for so long and are known for mixing out a lot and many of those mutts tend to claim their Italian heritage more than the other side. So many mutts who are mixed with Italian in the Northeast claim their Italian side for the most part. It is just fashionable to be full blooded Italian in the Northeast which is why so many mixed types claim it.
    Your statements are full of hyperbole, but you wouldn't know you live on the West Coast I lived in the North East for most of my life. There are plenty and mean plenty of Italian Americans that can fit just fine within the WASPY world. I have been to to Midwest several times and some of the Scandinavian descendants have very swarthy skin, so it really means absolutely nothing about someone. You will even find plenty of WASPs that are on the darker side. You are exaggerating big time with stating the differences. Also, I hardly would every would mistake a Southern European American for a MENA person. You seem to forget many Southern Europeans are Alpine and not just Mediterranean people. The West Coast is nothing like the East Coast.

Also, how can you speak about how Southern Europeans look like in Europe. I only refer to Southern European Americans. I have no idea what Southern Europeans in Europe are like I have never been there and I doubt you have been there too.

To get back on point 7% is just too low. I said 50% but it may be between 20-30% it is not the easiest thing to determine but I think only a northerner can realistically answer this thread even they might have issues answering it. I cannot answer for Iberians as there are not many around where I live or lived.
    Last edited by JohnSmith; 05-22-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 01:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Atlantid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,248
    Given: 4,031

1 Not allowed!

These Internets forums are full of Hyperbole about everything,, the real world is so different!!!

Banned
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 01:28 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ancient
    Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 525
    Given: 32

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post

White Americans arent that "white"..average white american doesnt look like a 7 foot thor look alike holding a giant axe. IF the same brazilians pop up in a town in Denmark or Northern Germany they would stand out like a sore thumb for being way too woggy.

Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread Information