Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: What percentage of Spaniards and Italians people pass as typical white Americans?

Banned
    Last Online
    03-01-2020 @ 06:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Basque
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Basque Country
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Df27-Z225
    mtDNA
    T2b3e
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Synapsid View Post
    Its unlikely the steppe in modern Europeans was Yamnaya.
    Unlikely no, simply impossible, because Yamnaya per se is not the source but the sink of R1b. Harvard has been ridiculous for 5 years linking Yamnaya culture to R1b-L51 / P312 and there are still people who think otherwise. Even anthropologically the riders of the Yamnaya culture were very different - Uraloids, dolichocephals and swarthy, nothing to do with the brachycephalic P312 of the BB culture.

Sredni Stog? At the moment their uniparental markers do not coincide with those of Western Europe, when scientists present convincing evidence then we can believe them, meanwhile the theory of steppe invasions are only fairy tales.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 11:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,347
    Given: 369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaska View Post
    Unlikely no, simply impossible, because Yamnaya per se is not the source but the sink of R1b. Harvard has been ridiculous for 5 years linking Yamnaya culture to R1b-L51 / P312 and there are still people who think otherwise. Even anthropologically the riders of the Yamnaya culture were very different - Uraloids, dolichocephals and swarthy, nothing to do with the brachycephalic P312 of the BB culture.

Sredni Stog? At the moment their uniparental markers do not coincide with those of Western Europe, when scientists present convincing evidence then we can believe them, meanwhile the theory of steppe invasions are only fairy tales.
    Stredny stog Y-DNA is R1a-Z93, which is found in Andranovo/shintashta and we know Indo-Iranians are decedents of the varies European off-shoots of the Corded ware culture. Also Stredny stog II non-EEF ancestry is directly related to the Khavalysk culture, which had no EEF and was in the core regions of the steppe. Khavalysk had R1b, so there might be a stredny stog sample undiscovered that had bell beaker Y-DNA. Unlike Yamnaya,SS II was lactose persistent, like most Northern Europeans (80+)

Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,331
    Given: 2,699

0 Not allowed!

Yes. Yamnya is EHG+CHG+ Futher CHG. Too West Asian shifted. Also Stregny II has some Narva WHG and Farmer in it, so its closer to Europeans.
    Yamnaya has around 10% farmer too.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 11:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Proto-Mammalian
    Ethnicity
    Therapsid
    Country
    England
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,347
    Given: 369

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Yamnaya has around 10% farmer too.
    but not as high as SS II (20%). SS II is also more WHG than Yamnaya. The question for me is, where the EHG in SS local or Samara_HG derived. SS profile seem to be Khavalysk + local WHG-rich EEF. But there are aspect of SS EHG ancestry that related it to Deriivka, hunter gatherers such as having Y-DNA R1a and mtDNA U5a2a

Banned
    Last Online
    03-01-2020 @ 06:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Basque
    Ethnicity
    Spaniard
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Basque Country
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Df27-Z225
    mtDNA
    T2b3e
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

but not as high as SS II (20%). SS II is also more WHG than Yamnaya. The question for me is, where the EHG in SS local or Samara_HG derived. SS profile seem to be Khavalysk + local WHG-rich EEF. But there are aspect of SS EHG ancestry that related it to Deriivka, hunter gatherers such as having Y-DNA R1a and mtDNA U5a2a
    EHG also has a small percentage of WHG. Many mitochondrial lineages of steppe cultures are older in the Balkans and in the Baltic countries. In the same way that you have R1b-P297 in the Narva culture (70% WHG 30% EHG) you have Mit Hap U5a2a in the Balkans, then it is probable that two-way migrations occur (E-W, W-E)

U5a2a- Serbia, Padina, Mesolíthic-I5241-9.245 BC/Padina, Iron Gates-I5237-7.850 BC/ Vlasac, Iron Gates-I5772-6.500 BC/ Vlasac-I4873-5.922 BC
    U5a2a-Dereivka, Mesolíthic-I5876-6.871 BC/Volniensky-I5872-5.432 BC

It may be that SS descends from Dereivka, but the origin of some of his female markers is not in the steppes but in the Balkans. That is why it has a percentage of WHG and EEF. R1a is another story
    R1b in Khvalynsk has nothing to do with western R1b, they are totally different markers.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,451
    Given: 7,901

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Let's try again. These are the so called light Spaniards.

Your people are as white as Italians. It's pretty embarrassing to see your kind in denial, but I guess I can't blame your people for wanting to be white, since your kind is pretty close to the cut off point for white/nonwhite. It's actually quite pointless to even attempt to reason with your kind, most white Americans are actually descended from the British and just like us they see themselves as the epitome of everything positive and set themselves as the standard for whiteness.
    These aren't the lightest Spaniards at all lol.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Peloponnese
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,451
    Given: 7,901

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    Whiteness is based upon a genetic reality. That which is considered white in this continent is a manifestation of phenotype. Phenotype is a manifestation of genetics. This idea that if you don't adhere to a particular phenotype (predominately based on Northern European phenotype) no matter how European you maybe, then you're not "white". That's why Germanics and Slavs generally all fit into whiteness in America. Because they usually have similar characteristics in their phenotype. A Scandinavian person is a lot closer to me than a Spaniard.

When the first Americans used it they weren't speaking of all Europeans, they were speaking specifically of Anglos. Look at Benjamin Franklin's letters. He directly equates "white" with "Anglo" and lumps Irish, Italians, Spaniards, and non-Anglo Germanics under "swarthy" and says they are non-white. Then eventually Germanics were considered white. Then Irish. Then Southern Europeans. Although fuck, some people still debate if your people are white, a lot of people in America don't see your people as white, which is indicative of the historical lag.

Remember the American understanding of whiteness by society at large, is the concept of naming a combination of genes that express/manifest themselves in people through phenotype or traits. Meaning most Southern Europeans aren't white, but they are just European. Whiteness or being white is a concept in American society with certain parameters that many of their former heirs shared.

Just because few Spaniards have light hair or blue eyes does not mean they are genetically/physically similar to Northern Europeans with the same features. And you are free to post blonde Spaniards all day, it just won't change anyone's perception of whiteness. Seems strange that your people would embed the principle of divinity up on human forms with a phenotype other than their own.
    You're talking about an era up until the 1900s. For more than 100 years now southern Europeans have been considered socially and racially white.
    "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not"
    - Επίκουρος

Last Online
    03-29-2021 @ 10:48 PM
    Ethnicity
    Mainly British (+miscellaneous)
    Country
    England
    Religion
    trying to be Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 43

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by caviezel View Post
    White American women dye their hair as you can see by the omni-present dark regrowth. If you thinik Kim Basinger or Jennifer Lawrence are naturally blonde, your IQ must be at chimp level. actually chimps are smart, so even below that. also White Americans of anglo-irish background tend to tan fairly well. you see anglo-irish in their original countries and you think these people could never get a proper tan. then you go to places like Florida, Texas, California and you see they can actually tan rather good.
    Of all the examples you could have chosen you went with the two women who really are natural blondes! Lawrence just dyes her hair different shades of blonde, and in her most famous role and Oscar winning role she plays a brunette, so that throws people off.
    Last edited by noseynobody; 11-29-2020 at 09:10 AM. Reason: word order mixed up

Daven

0 Not allowed!

White Americans are too diverse.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-29-2023 @ 05:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    --
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Ancestry
    --
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Quebec City
    Y-DNA
    --
    mtDNA
    --
    Taxonomy
    --
    Politics
    --
    Religion
    -+
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,245
    Given: 1,444

0 Not allowed!

White American originally meant WASP but the WASP definition was broader than in England. In England Anglo-Saxon technically means the English and perhaps lowland Scots too but in America -- English, Scots and Dutch or northwest Europeans were the 'white people'. In Britain Scots are seen as 'white' but not the Irish. The Irish were not considered 'white' in America either. I guess I look Scottish but have an 'Irish' hiberno-norman name.

However, 'white' in todays America is pretty meaningless such as almost anyone can be considered 'white'.

Capitalism is global in scope and it is not in Victorian imperial racial terms nowadays so capitalism has made almost every featherless biped that is not 'black' a 'white man' because it is advantageous for neo-liberal capitalism.

Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread Information