View Poll Results: Which is the most racially-integrated Latin American country?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Argentina

2 6.25%
  • Belize

0 0%
  • Bolivia

0 0%
  • Brazil

12 37.50%
  • Chile

0 0%
  • Colombia

1 3.13%
  • Costa Rica

1 3.13%
  • Cuba

1 3.13%
  • Dominican Republic

1 3.13%
  • Honduras

0 0%
  • Mexico

4 12.50%
  • Nicaragua

0 0%
  • Panama

1 3.13%
  • Paraguay

5 15.63%
  • Peru

0 0%
  • Puerto Rico

0 0%
  • Uruguay

2 6.25%
  • Venezuela

2 6.25%
  • Ecuador

0 0%
  • El Salvador

0 0%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: In your opinion, which is the most racially-integrated Latin American country?

~ WHITE LIVES MATTER ~ SilverKnight's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 03:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Iberian & Sene-Gambian
    Ethnicity
    Dominican American
    Ancestry
    Northern Spain, Canarian, Andaluz, W. África & Taino (Amerind)
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Region
    Florida
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Congolid
    Politics
    Right-wing, ultra nationalism and anti-commie scum.
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Dad, R. Trujillo, Andrew Tate, Vladimir Putin & Donald J. Trump, Loki & ♥Lily
    Religion
    Baptist - Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,670
    Given: 9,046

0 Not allowed!

Dominican Republic.

For what I have seen, outside of my country, in Brazil for example they couldn't stand someone black or mixed in some white regions, and vice-versa.
    They look down on each other. Over here everyone is ... Dominican..
    Silverknight
    "..And the angle of the sun changed it all .."

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-14-2024 @ 04:24 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Pred Amerindian
    Ethnicity
    Peruvian
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 815
    Given: 233

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverKnight View Post
    Dominican Republic.

For what I have seen, outside of my country, in Brazil for example they couldn't stand someone black or mixed in some white regions, and vice-versa.
    They look down on each other. Over here everyone is ... Dominican..
    I feel like it’s liver the fact that DR is a small country where everyone is related to eachother in some way, they’re like one family. Brazil on the other hand varies from region to region over the fact how big the country is where someone from Rio has never been to an Amazonian City like Manaus and vice versa.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    I feel like it’s liver the fact that DR is a small country where everyone is related to eachother in some way, they’re like one family. Brazil on the other hand varies from region to region over the fact how big the country is where someone from Rio has never been to an Amazonian City like Manaus and vice versa.
    Everyone related/family really? You could have explained your point bette LMAO. Also, the island is not as small as you think. There are marked geographic differences within our regions believe or not. I first saw the sea when I was 7 years old for example. My mom did when she was in her 20s. Seeing the ocean is a totally experience for the majority of Dominicans in fact because most of our population don't live along the coast but in in-land towns. Someone from Río that never been to Manaus can be comparable to how someone from San Pedro de Macorís (plain, coastal, hot and very cocolo-influence city) that has never been
    to Jarabacoa, Sajoma or Constanza (mountanous cities) and so on. This is the reason why Dominicans stereotype each other. DR has 10 million people btw. You sound like we have a population of a few ten hundreds lol. Either I know where you're going but don't exaggerate haha

Last Online
    03-21-2023 @ 02:22 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Latin
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Ancestry
    Latin.
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Taxonomy
    Alpinized Gracile-Med
    Politics
    I don't give a fuck about it.
    Hero
    Nobody
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,836
    Given: 5,025

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Partly that, but principally where there is little ethnic division between neighbourhoods and where a broad range of phenotypes and races can be found among all social strata.
    Well, that's not the case in Brazil. While my country never had (and doesn't have) racial segregation like in the US, there are lot's of social inequalities here, which also racial. It's true that you can find many whites in the working classes areas here, but blacks and pardos are way less common in the noble areas where the tradicional upper classes and new riches live.

And, to me, being an integrated country means it's racially diverse, not homogenous. If a country is homogenous, racial integration doesn't exist, because there aren't diference races to integrate with.

Daven

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth View Post
    Don't mind my typos LMAO.

Anyways, DR is not a flat island like Cuba. In the Cordillera Central it gets under 32 F at times during the winter believe it or not. Populated places like Constanza has an attitude similar to Medellin or Cali. Lilis Valley, Tireo and Valle Nuevo have attitude more along the lines of Quito, Bogotá or México City. Jarabacoa is also at a high attitude though not as high as these places. I would compare it more with Caracas. Santiago de los Caballeros (second largest city) is probably more comparable to Caracas too except that is at a lower attitude compared to Jarabacoa. Pico Duarte, Alto Bandera, etc. have the coldest weather in the Antilles. That Cordillera Central is what divides the south from the north and the reason why these two regions kept insolated from each other for so long. Sierra de Bahoruco and Sierra de Neyba are also high cadenas montańosas. Azua is semi-desertic. The southeast coast region is a large plain and more like Cuba or Florida (very flat). It has a hotter climate as well. The capital is located here and most beach resort spots too. I grew up in La Romana after I turned 8 and I tell you than when I went to Espaillat after so many years I almost felt out of place. It felt so different one region from another. Most people in the F
    DR haven't traveled all over the country despite the size. The most visited place shared by all is the capital. Everyone has relatives there.

Blue circle is Cordillera Central, violet is the Cibao Valley, red is the capital and yellow the East where I'm from.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

@TheLie

Daven

0 Not allowed!

I know, too many typos.

ps. Seńor La Veldá , I know exactly what you said and the point you tried to make just in case. Just correcting you in a part. Not all Caribbean islands look exactly the same btw. I think that's a wrong impression most of you from bigger Latín American countries have. Well bye. I'm going to bed bwahaha

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Mexican American
    Ancestry
    Mostly Iberian and Amerindian/ 3% to 2% Scottish Miniscule African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Nevada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,631
    Given: 3,857

1 Not allowed!

Paraguay probably since almost every one there is mestizo or harnizo. Probably the homogeneous country in Latin America.

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-29-2024 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Argentine/Uruguayan Gaucho, South-East brazilian and western cuban looking.
    Ancestry
    Navarrese/Aquitanian/Galician-Portuguese/Sicilian/Ava-Guarani
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Southeast Brazilian looking or Western cuban looking
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,915
    Given: 27,872

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hmaohma78 View Post
    Paraguay probably since almost every one there is mestizo or harnizo. Probably the homogeneous country in Latin America.
    Well, in that case El Salvador is in a similar situation to Paraguay, because same to the last one is extremely homogeneous by latinamerican standards, except that in Paraguay as you said most people are harnizos, in SV most people are balanced mestizos lesning indomestizos.

Even though I think that in a way Latinus is right when he says that It's good to measure this in extremely diverse countries.
    But yes, Py and SV are good examples of integration due to their homegeneous population.
    I don't mind there is possible to find discrimination cases.
    Another interesting issue is the very scarce % of pues amerindian people in both (0.2% in SV and 1.8% in Py).
    I don't think those two minorities feel discriminated.

~ WHITE LIVES MATTER ~ SilverKnight's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-22-2024 @ 03:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Iberian & Sene-Gambian
    Ethnicity
    Dominican American
    Ancestry
    Northern Spain, Canarian, Andaluz, W. África & Taino (Amerind)
    Country
    Dominican-Republic
    Region
    Florida
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med + Congolid
    Politics
    Right-wing, ultra nationalism and anti-commie scum.
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Dad, R. Trujillo, Andrew Tate, Vladimir Putin & Donald J. Trump, Loki & ♥Lily
    Religion
    Baptist - Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,670
    Given: 9,046

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by QUICAS View Post
    Brazilian society as whole is not integrated, since behavior, habits, tastes change of lot between social classes. The is an integration between upper class of all the country, but just that. Poors are not integrated between different states. Different social classes are almost non integrated.
    Right, how on Earth is Brazil more integrated.

Dominican Republic
    Puerto Rico
    and Venezuela on my view are the most integrated ones.
    Silverknight
    "..And the angle of the sun changed it all .."

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information