Thread: Did DFA do enough in rape scandal?

Last Online
    07-16-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 1,765

1 Not allowed!

Default Did DFA do enough in rape scandal?

Filipino diplomat's son raped in India by an Angolan (multiculture in the third world)

MANILA, Philippines – In a prestigious school in New Delhi, an 11-year-old Filipino boy trembled, as he squatted on a toilet seat.

Perched atop the toilet, he crouched as he was told, facing the flush valve. He was terrified and silent. Classes had just been dismissed.

Brian Rodriguez* was ready to go home, when his Angolan classmate Weza*, also in 5th grade, forced him into the school’s washroom.

Weza, taller and bigger than Brian, made him enter a toilet cubicle before he locked the door.

Weza pulled down his own shorts, then his underwear. Then he pulled down Brian’s school uniform shorts and his underwear too.

“Pinuwersa siyang tumungtong sa toilet at sinabing mag-squat siya,” the father of the victim wrote, describing the incident in a desperate letter. “Doon na nagsimula ang kababuyan na ginawa sa anak ko (He forced my son to squat on the toilet. And that’s when the bestiality began).”

In the letter, the father detailed the events that led to the abuse, up to the point when it actually happened.

Perhaps too pained to say it, Neil Rodriguez* instead wrote, “Sa diretsong pag-iisip ginawang aso ang anak ko (In other words, he treated my son like a dog).”

The distress in the email is clear as day.

It started with Neil introducing himself as the husband of a Philippine embassy official in India. He and his family lived in New Delhi, on diplomatic passports because of the job of his wife, Cecille*.

Then Neil talked about how his family’s life changed after they found out about Brian’s rape – which they only learned of in early June – 3 months after it happened in March 2017. His wife, he said, the breadwinner, had been sleepless, and their college daughter was suddenly failing class. Brian had first told his elder sister of the abuse, who then told her parents.

Neil said they’ve continuously asked help from the embassy, only to be ignored.

“Kaya po ako sumulat sa inyo Ma’am sapagkat humingi ako ng tulong at proper guidance (This is why I’m writing you because I am asking for help and proper guidance),” the email pleaded.

The email was dated June 30, 2017 and addressed to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA).

Embassy action?

Brian’s rape hit news headlines in India on June 26, just a little over a week after the family found out about the abuse.

The email to the DFA, specifically addressed to Maria Lourdes Salcedo, Executive Director of the Human Resources Management Office, followed 4 days after.

But 11 months since the first letter was sent to the department, the family has yet to receive any assistance from the government, according to a source familiar with the family's plight.

According to documents obtained by Rappler, the Rodriguez family reached out to the Philippine government through multiple channels: first through the embassy, then to the DFA, and later, to Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano himself.

The repeated pleas for help appeared to fall on deaf ears.

In the June 30 email, Neil said his wife Cecille informed the embassy of the incident early that same month, as soon as they learned about what happened to Brian. He said his wife met with Philippine ambassador to India Teresita Daza, Deputy Chief of Mission and Consul General Arvin de Leon, and new Administrative Officer Charles Lawrence Ching to seek their help.

“The ambassador told her we should resolve the problem as a family and just let her know what we decide to do,” he wrote in Filipino.

Neil said in the email that he was offended by the ambassador’s response, and wondered why the embassy did not help them – given the family’s diplomatic status.

He then addressed a strong question to the government agency, under an administration that has branded itself as an advocate of Overseas Filipino Workers' (OFWs') interests.

“Tayong tiga embassy na ganyan ang sinasabi sa 'tin, paano pa kaya ang pangkaraniwan na OFW (If we from the embassy are treated this way, then what more the regular OFW)?” he wrote in the email.

Help from foreigners

Aside from seeking help from the embassy, Neil said in his email that they brought Brian to the hospital for a check-up after they found out about the abuse.

At the hospital, “they took my child’s blood tests and an HIV test,” said Neil. “They inserted an instrument into my child’s butt to see the inside.”

The family was also informed by doctors that it was standard protocol for the hospital to report any incidents of crime to the police. Neil said in his email that they agreed to speak to authorities.

According to various news reports from Indian media, the police interviewed the family, including Brian, on June 22 and found sufficient basis to file a case.

Direct plea

By the end of June 2017, the Rodriguez family had gotten assistance from Indian authorities – the hospital, Brian’s school, and police – but still not from Philippine officials.

From the embassy, the family shifted their focus to the DFA.

Sent home

There was no written response to Cecille's email to Salcedo, nor the letter to Cayetano.

Instead, the DFA ordered the Rodriguez family to return to the Philippines – despite the case filed by the family with Indian police, in hopes of finding justice for Brian.

Documents show that on September 26, 2017, a little over two months after Cecille’s letter to Cayetano, DFA Undersecretary for Administration Linglingay F. Lacanlale signed an Assignment Order ordering the Rodriguez family to come home “effective immediately”.

Another Assignment Order dated October 10, this time signed by Undersecretary Jose Luis Montales, reiterated Cecille’s reassignment “effective 27 November 2017….from the Philippine Embassy in New Delhi to the Home Office.”

The reassignment was a surprise for the Rodriguez family, according to an appeal letter written by Cecille.
    https://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/in...i-india-school

Of course this would be China's fault according to the proud champion of all filipinos, ironman... However, the hard, painful truth is that the Philippines government and wealthy "successful" filipinos don't care about filipinos enough.

The real and biggest issue facing filipinos today has nothing to do with their most convenient scapegoat, China (Chinese have no plans of taking over the Philippines). It has everything to do with the corruption within. The fact is the Philippines is diplomatically very weak and relies too much on foreign intervention. The Philippines was once the richest country in asia but unfortunately squandered all of it away. Self improvement is the first and most difficult step to take because with it comes self reflection.

Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 05:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Philippian, Pinoy-Yorker, Luzonian
    Ethnicity
    Philo-Rican/ Filipino American/ Pacific American
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,524
    Given: 1,834

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    https://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/in...i-india-school

Of course this would be China's fault according to the proud champion of all filipinos, ironman... However, the hard, painful truth is that the Philippines government and wealthy "successful" filipinos don't care about filipinos enough.

The real and biggest issue facing filipinos today has nothing to do with their most convenient scapegoat, China (Chinese have no plans of taking over the Philippines). It has everything to do with the corruption within. The fact is the Philippines is diplomatically very weak and relies too much on foreign intervention. The Philippines was once the richest country in asia but unfortunately squandered all of it away. Self improvement is the first and most difficult step to take because with it comes self reflection.
    I wasn't even on this thread.. and no it doesnt change my feelings with Indians.... Indians have different ethics as well.. those are individual criminals/animals...

theres rapes in india & crime other rituals things/caste system... that the indian government is trying to fix..

my pro-indian feelings comes from that india is democratic state ( meaning they can be worked with).. My family has been to india.. my brother is going to india next 2 months to train Indians to be their company employees. ( my point is .. i'm not naïve.. whatever youre going to show me., I probably seen it already )

I quoted Zhou and other Chinese members I spoke with..

China was going bonkers/crazy cold war arms race when U.S place THAAD missiles in S.korea..

its not a scapegoat, china has military bases/nuclear bombers/nucelar subs surrounding Indo-pacific, indian and soon Australia..

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

and yes authortian/dictatorship under pres.marcos pretty much destroyed Philippines to the ground..

Filipinos know 1st hand, how cycle of Authoritarianism brings..

Sup? Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish
    Ethnicity
    Galician
    Country
    United States
    Region
    West Virginia
    Y-DNA
    Powerful Male
    mtDNA
    Powerful Female
    Politics
    Of the school of Ron Jeremy
    Hero
    Your mom
    Religion
    Rationalist Materialism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,870
    Given: 12,737

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 1R0N M4N XL View Post
    I wasn't even on this thread.. and no it doesnt change my feelings with Indians.... Indians have different ethics as well.. those are individual criminals/animals...

theres rapes in india & crime other rituals things/caste system... that the indian government is trying to fix..

my pro-indian feelings comes from that india is democratic state ( meaning they can be worked with).. My family has been to india.. my brother is going to india next 2 months to train Indians to be their company employees. ( my point is .. i'm not naïve.. whatever youre going to show me., I probably seen it already )

China was going bonkers/crazy cold war arms race when U.S place THAAD missiles in S.korea..

its not a scapegoat, china has military bases/nuclear bombers/nucelar subs surrounding Indo-pacific, indian and soon Australia..
    He wasn't raped by an Indian. He was raped by an Angolan student in India.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Don't sweat it. That was just an ironman caricature

In this particular report, the indians were good people. They weren't the ones to rape filipinos. As Grimes explained, it was an angolan.

The problem is here:
    By the end of June 2017, the Rodriguez family had gotten assistance from Indian authorities – the hospital, Brian’s school, and police – but still not from Philippine officials.
    When indians care more about the welfare of filipinos than actual filipinos, there is a problem. When filipino officials do not even care about a diplomat's son, it shows that they value the OFWs even less. These poor filipinos are pretty much abandoned by the government/wealthy filipinos and left to fend for themselves (being at the mercy of their hosts). The poor filipinos are also butchered needlessly by the filipino authorities because no one speaks (or cares) for them. Quite a while back, wasn't a 14 year old boy stabbed to death because of the drug war? As long as this continues to happen, filipinos will always suffer and as a filipino nationalist, this should be the first thing you should seek to correct.

Your greatest demons aren't the chinese (until war time, when they start bombing and massacring your countrymen like every conqueror before), they're deep within. You should know that provoking a war with China actually would do far more harm to your country and filipinos would suffer a million times more than now. Those who've experienced war are always the least enthusiastic for it. That's why mainland chinese try to avoid this topic as much as possible despite being the main antagonists here. Most mainland southeast asians the horrors of war well. Viets know this too but they have some interests and a war actually benefits them.

With that said, maritime southeast asians haven't tasted a real war in quite some time, so I understand why filipinos (indos, malays) are quite hungry for it without thinking through the consequences.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Don't sweat it. That was just an ironman caricature

In this particular report, the indians were good people. They weren't the ones to rape filipinos. As Grimes explained, it was an angolan.

The problem is here:
    When indians care more about the welfare of filipinos than actual filipinos, there is a problem. When filipino officials do not even care about a diplomat's son, it shows that they value the OFWs even less. These poor filipinos are pretty much abandoned by the government/wealthy filipinos and left to fend for themselves (being at the mercy of their hosts). The poor filipinos are also butchered needlessly by the filipino authorities because no one speaks (or cares) for them. Quite a while back, wasn't a 14 year old boy stabbed to death because of the drug war? As long as this continues to happen, filipinos will always suffer and as a filipino nationalist, this should be the first thing you should seek to correct.

Your greatest demons aren't the chinese (until war time, when they start bombing and massacring your countrymen like every conqueror before), they're deep within. You should know that provoking a war with China actually would do far more harm to your country and filipinos would suffer a million times more than now. Those who've experienced war are always the least enthusiastic for it. That's why mainland chinese try to avoid this topic as much as possible despite being the main antagonists here. Most mainland southeast asians the horrors of war well. Viets know this too but they have some interests and a war actually benefits them.

With that said, maritime southeast asians haven't tasted a real war in quite some time, so I understand why filipinos (indos, malays) are quite hungry for it without thinking through the consequences.
    i'm not a filipino nationalist, where r u getting this??

Philippines dont have a gun in chinas place... its china whos forcing Indo-Pacific.

where your way... Japan is the one who is itching to go after china..
    ( Shinzo abe wants offensive army)
    Philippines is former US territory( meaning its under Us protection)..

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Philippines dont have a gun in chinas place... its china whos forcing Indo-Pacific.
    China has always had control of those regions and are building guns in 'their own territory' (according to their views). That's the reason why they are able to build bases there. This is only in response to Vietnam's militarization of the seas. Playing nice doesn't work with southeast asians unfortunately. In the past, Bạch Long Vi island was ceded to Vietnam, yet they still want more. If southeast asians had the ability, you'd sail all the way to Hainan island and take it by force, killing all the inhabitants along the way then brag about it(as you did in Champa and East Timor). Yes, those are viets/indos but in reality, you're all the same. There would be no negotiations. If China applied your tactics of genocide and massacres, there would be no problem between us today. Alas, we're human beings and not animals. We take no pleasure in war and killing.

where your way... Japan is the one who is itching to go after china.. ( Shinzo abe wants offensive army). Philippines is former US territory( meaning its under Us protection)..
    That's politics, I'm talking about the people. The average japanese is pacifist and anti-war. In many ways, they're like us chinese. They don't like talking about war but its different with filipinos. War is the first thing is your solution to everything. Government and people are exactly the same. It's because you don't have any recent memory of it and even more true with your malay brothers. These are japanese protesting the bill BTW.

i'm not a filipino nationalist, where r u getting this??
    That's exactly what you are. A nationalist tends to be a populist, that's what you do when you speak up for the rights of "your people" (you've used this term a lot). You've probably made a thousand similar posts trying to form alliances with like minded filipinos for the good of "your people". There's no shame to admit it, we can all see that.

But you've steered from the main point. The main point is this, as a filipino nationalists, the interests of filipinos should be your top concern. Filipinos are being bullied all over the world because of your own corruption and indifference, and that should be your focal point. Not war with China or how horrible China is. Ordinary innocent filipinos are being killed everyday by your government. Even indians treat filipinos better than your own officials which says a lot. Change begins within.

I've said my piece and you can continue to try to throw red herrings and change the subject, but the truth is the truth. You can choose to reject the advice of a 'dirty chink', or be smart and actually listen. The choice is yours. I'll let you have the final word so you can get on with life and help your fellow filos. They need their Captain Philippines, they need iron man

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

China has always had control of those regions and are building guns in 'their own territory' (according to their views). That's the reason why they are able to build bases there. This is only in response to Vietnam's militarization of the seas. Playing nice doesn't work with southeast asians unfortunately. In the past, Bạch Long Vi island was ceded to Vietnam, yet they still want more. If southeast asians had the ability, you'd sail all the way to Hainan island and take it by force, killing all the inhabitants along the way then brag about it(as you did in Champa and East Timor). Yes, those are viets/indos but in reality, you're all the same. There would be no negotiations. If China applied your tactics of genocide and massacres, there would be no problem between us today. Alas, we're human beings and not animals. We take no pleasure in war and killing.

That's politics, I'm talking about the people. The average japanese is pacifist and anti-war. In many ways, they're like us chinese. They don't like talking about war but its different with filipinos. War is the first thing is your solution to everything. Government and people are exactly the same. It's because you don't have any recent memory of it and even more true with your malay brothers. These are japanese protesting the bill BTW.

That's exactly what you are. A nationalist tends to be a populist, that's what you do when you speak up for the rights of "your people" (you've used this term a lot). You've probably made a thousand similar posts trying to form alliances with like minded filipinos for the good of "your people". There's no shame to admit it, we can all see that.

But you've steered from the main point. The main point is this, as a filipino nationalists, the interests of filipinos should be your top concern. Filipinos are being bullied all over the world because of your own corruption and indifference, and that should be your focal point. Not war with China or how horrible China is. Ordinary innocent filipinos are being killed everyday by your government. Even indians treat filipinos better than your own officials which says a lot. Change begins within.

I've said my piece and you can continue to try to throw red herrings and change the subject, but the truth is the truth. You can choose to reject the advice of a 'dirty chink', or be smart and actually listen. The choice is yours. I'll let you have the final word so you can get on with life and help your fellow filos. They need their Captain Philippines, they need iron man
    Japanese army can now officially deployed their army overseas to protect allies as sign by Shinzo abe… Shinzo is still trying to revised to a full pledge army..

just last month.. japan has activated its marines since ww2.

you have no proof what so-ever that south east asia is pushing for war by either people or government.... youre some random dude from the internet, i'm giving you straight facts, not my opinion. \

Thread Information