-
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,957
    Given: 57,209

3 Not allowed!

Default True Christianism and Buddhism would be very similar

Jesus said: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Them if the real goal of a Cristhian is to be like Jesus, Chrstianism would be very similar to budhism since the tachings of Christ were not much different to the teatchings of Buddha. For example, the Sermon of The Mountain can pass easily as a buddhist teatching, in fact once a man read the Sermon of The Mountain for Buddhist monks and said that it was a Buddhist text and the monks believed lol

Let's take a look at the Sermon of The Mountain:

"1 When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up a mountain and sat down. His disciples came to him,
    2 and he began to teach them:

3 “Blessed are those who recognize they are spiritually helpless.
    The kingdom of heaven belongs to them.
    4 Blessed are those who mourn.
    They will be comforted.
    5 Blessed are those who are gentle.
    They will inherit the earth.
    6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for God’s approval.
    They will be satisfied.
    7 Blessed are those who show mercy.
    They will be treated mercifully.
    8 Blessed are those whose thoughts are pure.
    They will see God.
    9 Blessed are those who make peace.
    They will be called God’s children.
    10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for doing what God approves of.
    The kingdom of heaven belongs to them.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you,
    persecute you,
    lie, and say all kinds of evil things about you because of me.
    12 Rejoice and be glad because you have a great reward in heaven!
    The prophets who lived before you were persecuted in these ways.

God’s People Make a Difference in the World
    13 “You are salt for the earth. But if salt loses its taste, how will it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled on by people.

14 “You are light for the world. A city cannot be hidden when it is located on a hill. 15 No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket. Instead, everyone who lights a lamp puts it on a lamp stand. Then its light shines on everyone in the house. 16 In the same way let your light shine in front of people. Then they will see the good that you do and praise your Father in heaven."...

Now that he have seen that, let's look at other seven reasons that make me believe that Jesus could have even been a propagator of the dharma (Buddhist teachings):

01) In the Palestine of Jesus there was no habit of students calling the teacher of Master and nor the names of disciples this style was Eastern and was used in long-ago India in Buddhist temples when Jeus went out preaching his good news BUDDHISM was already in all its explendor 530 years before

02) Buddha spoke through parabolas to his disciples, five hundred and thirty years later Jesus did the same in Palestine with his disciples,

3) BUDA preached his three beatitudes in the (park of the servants) in Sharnat, Jesus did the same thing after 530 years preaching the 07 beatitudes to his 12 disciples on the mount of olive trees,

4) BUDDHA taught total detachment from earthly goods, Jesus preached the same thing 530 years later saying that the son of man (referring to himself) had nowhere to lay his head, ie in his vigils (night meditation) any stone was his pillow,

5) If John the Baptist who spent his childhood with Jesus did not recognize him as he approached the Jordan River, it was because Jesus had to come from distant lands after a long absence (from 13 to 29 years), he probably arrived from cashmere Sunday of branches having a warm reception of arrival,

6) Jesus walks on the waters, BUDDHA also under the river Ganges,

7) Jesus teaches to love the next, BUDDHISM preaches that the only way out of the Shansara (cycle of reincarnations) is to eliminate our Karma (divide with GOD) and thus attain enlightenment ...

Perhaps Jesus was really preaching BUDDHISM all over Palestine and not wanting to create a new religion
    Last edited by Joso; 06-03-2018 at 01:40 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-04-2021 @ 06:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

and has another similarity:

In Buddhism, the main goal is to become iluminated,

while in Christianity, John the Baptist said, "I baptize with water, but after me will come someone more powerful than I, this man (Jesus) will baptize with fire."

Whereas in ancient times, in the time of Jesus, fire was used to illuminate, so, to be "baptized with fire" can be a metaphor for Buddhist ilumination.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 10:47 PM
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 44

1 Not allowed!

I agree that Christianity is more like Buddhism but there are different types of Buddhism. I knew a Buddhist guy who was extremely devout and terrified of going to hell. He would talk all the time about how afraid he was that he was going to do the wrong things in life and wind up going to hell. I couldn't believe it. I thought Buddhism is supposed to bring you peace but this guy had NO peace, he was extremely troubled. Despite meditating all the time and even studying at a monastery, he talked about hell ALL the time.

Malarxist-Bidenist
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2022 @ 06:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Northwestern European-American
    Ancestry
    Great Britain (early 17th c.), Ireland (19th c.), Elsaß Germany (19th c.)
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Illinois
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Atlantic
    Politics
    Wählt Sozialdemokratisch! 🌹
    Hero
    Aldous Huxley
    Religion
    Hindu - Shakta (शाक्तं)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,782
    Given: 5,353

3 Not allowed!

Buddhism spread along trade routes which had Alexandria Egypt as their meeting point. It has been shown that some Christian parables are similar to Buddhist stories. For example, there is the story where one of the disciples has his head held under water by Jesus and Jesus says, "This feeling that you get when you're under water gasping for air should be the intensity with which you yearn for God." There is a Buddhist story with the Buddha doing the same thing with one of his disciples but instead of God it is the search for enlightenment. There have been Hellenistic Buddha statues found as far west as Gaul (modern France).

Both Catholicism and Buddhism have an aesthetic derived from Hellenism and have been influenced by Platonic philosophy. Mahayana Buddhism is basically the Catholicism of Buddhism.

Only butthurted clowns minuses my posts. -- Лиссиы

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,893
    Given: 16,898

3 Not allowed!

I am the Lord thy God; thou shalt not have strange gods before Me.

Buddha was just a man, no prophet.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L260
    mtDNA
    U5a1
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Broken man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,156
    Given: 2,162

1 Not allowed!

Christianity most likely borrowed things from Judaism and Buddhism and possibly other religions.

For example: celibacy, the spirit, guilt...

Just like Judaism borrowed from Zoroastrianism and Egypt.

The body and spirit was India/Buddhism. Heaven is spiritual, not of this earth. More like Catholics, but also Protestants (1000 year is symbolic and happening in the age of the Church, spiritually).
    The body and blood was from Judaism. Heaven is material and earthly paradise. More like Protestants, and somewhat Catholics in celebrating body and blood. (1000 year reign physical on earth)

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,893
    Given: 16,898

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    Christianity most likely borrowed things from Judaism and Buddhism and possibly other religions.

For example: celibacy, the spirit, guilt...

Just like Judaism borrowed from Zoroastrianism and Egypt.

The body and spirit was India/Buddhasim. Heaven is spiritual, not of this earth. More like Catholics, but also Protestants (1000 year is symbolic and happening in the age of the Church).
    The body and blood was from Judaism. Heaven is material and earthly paradise. More like Protestants, and somewhat Catholics. (see waiting for 1000 year reign physical)
    Judaism self speaking since we are Abrahamic, Celibacy is not biblical nor actual catholic, holy st.peter the first pope even encouraged priests to marry and have children. Thank god alot of eastern Catholics dont have celibacy.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamoral View Post
    I agree that Christianity is more like Buddhism but there are different types of Buddhism. I knew a Buddhist guy who was extremely devout and terrified of going to hell. He would talk all the time about how afraid he was that he was going to do the wrong things in life and wind up going to hell. I couldn't believe it. I thought Buddhism is supposed to bring you peace but this guy had NO peace, he was extremely troubled. Despite meditating all the time and even studying at a monastery, he talked about hell ALL the time.
    Did he folowed some Japanese type of Buddhism? Maybe he was terrified about the Meikai( for some Japanese buddhists it is a transitory place between the world of the alive and the world of the dead, where it is defined to which spiritual plane the person will go, something similar to purgatory for Christians) i ve seen a video about that and if i believed i definetely would be also very terrified if i did something wrong in real life

The Meikai a spiritual place but not totally, its like other dimension with some similarities with our world( the world of the alive), because for the Japanese, when a person when a person dies, the spirit of the person goes to the Meikai as if it still had a physical body, it is, in the Meikai the spirit steel feels cold, hunger, tiredness, pain and despair. In the Meikai, the spirit is avaliated by the "judges of the dead". In the Meikai, the spirits are attacked by monstrous birds that tear the skin off the eyes of the victims, the spirits have to climb an incredible mountain all covered with thorns and the one who is slow runs the risk of being beaten violently by the batons of the demons that are in the the spirit is threatened to have its skin torn out, among other terrible things, until arriving at the end where a judge of the dead decides in which Buddhist spiritual realm the spirit will be reborn that they are:

1- The Kingdom of the supreme Happiness
    2. The Reign of Human Beings (that is, reincarnation)
    3- The Kingdom of the Fallen Angels (where bloody wars happen eternally)
    4- Reincarnation as an animal
    5- The Kingdom of the Hungry Ghosts
    6- The hell

Seriously, men, if you search about the Meikai maybe you'll understand why your Buddhist friend was so scared...

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Ancestry
    -
    Country
    Brazil
    Politics
    -
    Hero
    pulstar
    Religion
    -
    Relationship Status
    -
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Óttar View Post
    Buddhism spread along trade routes which had Alexandria Egypt as their meeting point. It has been shown that some Christian parables are similar to Buddhist stories. For example, there is the story where one of the disciples has his head held under water by Jesus and Jesus says, "This feeling that you get when you're under water gasping for air should be the intensity with which you yearn for God." There is a Buddhist story with the Buddha doing the same thing with one of his disciples but instead of God it is the search for enlightenment. There have been Hellenistic Buddha statues found as far west as Gaul (modern France).

Both Catholicism and Buddhism have an aesthetic derived from Hellenism and have been influenced by Platonic philosophy. Mahayana Buddhism is basically the Catholicism of Buddhism.
    Yes but what i said in the OP is that the true cristhianism would be like buddhism, catholicism is not the true christianism, catholicism is a corrupted form, the true christianism is logically the primitive church, the christianism of Jesus's time, that would be very close to buddhism, like i pointed.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L260
    mtDNA
    U5a1
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Broken man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,156
    Given: 2,162

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    Judaism self speaking since we are Abrahamic, Celibacy is not biblical nor actual catholic, holy st.peter the first pope even encouraged priests to marry and have children. Thank god alot of eastern Catholics dont have celibacy.
    Afaik Orthodox dont do celibacy. But Mary was virgin. Paul was married but also apparenly said celebacy has advantages for serving God. Saint Peter was married. What about Jesus? And the Essenes? Several females saints were celibate.

For hundreds of years Christianity clerics were allowed to marry. And then came Lateran Councils. Do you think priests scandles would lower allowing to marry?

In Budhusim both Mahayana and Theravada have celibacy.

Might have some errors but its interesting.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information