Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Petros Houhoulis View Post
    In a historical sense, we are the only Macedonians left. Any Thracians or Illyrians within the Ancient Macedonian kingdom have lost their culture and identity long ago.

...Well, you can always hope that NATO and the EU shall come to your rescue if enough Bosniaks get sacrificed, I get your point. Nevertheless, don't have any illusions, NATO and the EU did never protect the Palestinians or the Kurds, some day they might ignore the Bosniaks' pleas too...
    But some of Greeks have recently been learning Greek language and culture in 19th century.

It is sad but most of Balkan natives don't speak their original language, except for Romanians who are coping with that modified Latin.

Well many bad things happened to Balkans and Anatolia people survived in completely different form.

My ancestors as well spoke Latin/Greek but are now Slavicized and Turkfied.. they got us defeated and it was expected from them to impose their culture.

However, those new cultures again are heavily modified for example: Ottoman Culture is Greek +Slavic + Turan mix and I am fine with that.

Let's see how Hellenic culture changed for example:

Names:

Crispus, Diocles, Heracles ===> Manuel, Christian, Michael ===> Mehmed, Murat, Sinan

3 stages 3 religions

Hellenic ===> Christian ===> Islamic

you can't pick the one you like cause Greeks have all 3 of course there are universally accepted names like Alexander that even muslims use in Bosnia.

It's just that you are biased against the Islamic people the same way Pagans were biased against Christians.

...Well, you can always hope that NATO and the EU shall come to your rescue if enough Bosniaks get sacrificed, I get your point. Nevertheless, don't have any illusions, NATO and the EU did never protect the Palestinians or the Kurds, some day they might ignore the Bosniaks' pleas too...
    Well I don't feel threatened by Greece, Serbia, Romania.

I never considered Germanic people (EU) European at all...

We have never sold ourselves to Germany and Russia like you Orthodoxes.

You have invited Germans and Russians to attack us for you have no shame.
    Last edited by Bosniensis; 06-14-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-13-2023 @ 10:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Country
    Australia
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterrean
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 735
    Given: 846

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemy View Post
    But some of Greeks have recently been learning Greek language and culture in 19th century.

It is sad but most of Balkan natives don't speak their original language, except for Romanians who are coping with that modified Latin.

Well many bad things happened to Balkans and Anatolia people survived in completely different form.

My ancestors as well spoke Latin/Greek but are now Slavicized and Turkfied.. they got us defeated and it was expected from them to impose their culture.

However, those new cultures again are heavily modified for example: Ottoman Culture is Greek +Slavic + Turan mix and I am fine with that.

Names:

Crispus, Diocles, Heracles ===> Manuel, Christian, Michael ===> Mehmed, Murat, Sinan

3 stages 3 religions

you can't pick the one you like cause Greeks have all 3 of course there are universally accepted names like Alexander that even muslims use in Bosnia.

It's just that you are biased against the Islamic people the same way Pagans were biased against Christians.

I don't agree, most people's are Slavic in the Balkans, look at the toponyms! Romanians speak a Vulgar Latin and dance to the Sarba, most of their toponyms are Serbian and some have been modified from its original Serbian like Srpsko Selo to a Vulgar Latin translation of Sarba. There has been a massive de-Serbianisation in the Balkans and l pin Vatican and its corrupted dirty religion for most of the blame. Vatican hasn't finished!

Banned
    Last Online
    04-26-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Various Cruise ships, Also Agio Pnevma, Serres, Macedonia, Greece.
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Greek with a whiff of Bulgarian
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    A typical Balkan bastard
    Politics
    Strictly Rational.
    Hero
    Θαλής ο Μιλήσιος
    Religion
    Freedom with responsibitities.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,566
    Given: 4,506

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemy View Post
    Yes, because after many invasions a number of Greeks changed their language in order to survive, and when they got the opportunity to get their original culture back, they welcomed it.

Latin is native in Italy you idiot!

Names:

3 stages 3 religions

First of all the Turks do not consider themselves Greeks, and a minority of Anatolians were originally Greek, as a matter of fact Greek did never dominate in places like Cappadocia. We didn't "pick" the one we like, we pick the one that survived in us.

I am biased against all stupid people.

You feel threatened by the Serbs, not necessarily Serbia...

...and we do not consider you European at all.

Yeah, right, you sold out to the Turks! Some difference!!!

I didn't invite anybody to attack you, but they will eventually on their own. Your religion is cancer.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information