Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Martial Arts discussion thread, my opinions

  1. #31
    Veteran Member oszkar07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Location
    Spirits in a Material World
    Meta-Ethnicity
    FTDNA=East Euro 27%, West and Central Euro 70%,
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian/British
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2 M223, OL School Euro
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    European
    Politics
    Centrist
    Gender
    Posts
    1,329
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 997/48
    Given: 1,980/56

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uniprix View Post
    MMA is not for self defense anymore than ching chong martial arts is.

    I don't know where you're from but in the mean streets of the USA, try rolling around or grappling with some 220 lb crackhead street thug (most likely African America to be politically incorrect), and you're dead.
    size and weight is always a factor in relation to fighting , very reason why there is weight divisions.
    Having said that someone with several years of BJJ would stand a better chance in your scenario than someone without it.
    Also there would be BJJ blackbelts that could could be smaller and yet choke out someone much bigger too.
    When your talking about African American /Latino crackhead streetthugs -gangbangers then its usually knives and guns already , America is Gunsville, self defense in USA = you need not just Blackbelt in BJJ but a Glock too.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Online
    06-13-2018 @ 03:40 AM
    Location
    Montreal
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Canuk
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Posts
    33
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/6
    Given: 21/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oszkar07 View Post
    size and weight is always a factor in relation to fighting , very reason why there is weight divisions.
    Having said that someone with several years of BJJ would stand a better chance in your scenario than someone without it.
    Also there would be BJJ blackbelts that could could be smaller and yet choke out someone much bigger too.
    When your talking about African American /Latino crackhead streetthugs -gangbangers then its usually knives and guns already , America is Gunsville, self defense in USA = you need not just Blackbelt in BJJ but a Glock too.
    There is no way I'd want to use BJJ on African American/Latino crackhead street thugs,it would be a striking art combined with a Glock and nothing else. But of course the training in BJJ helps.

  3. #33
    Veteran Member oszkar07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Location
    Spirits in a Material World
    Meta-Ethnicity
    FTDNA=East Euro 27%, West and Central Euro 70%,
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian/British
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2 M223, OL School Euro
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    European
    Politics
    Centrist
    Gender
    Posts
    1,329
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 997/48
    Given: 1,980/56

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uniprix View Post
    There is no way I'd want to use BJJ on African American/Latino crackhead street thugs,it would be a striking art combined with a Glock and nothing else. But of course the training in BJJ helps.
    N0 1 best option if possible is your glock, other than that its really an anything could happen scenario but I still think BJJ and some striking skills will help a lot.

    This is ex navy seal J.Willinks oppinion on the subject ...

  4. #34
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    not of European descent
    Country
    Quebec
    Gender
    Posts
    1,935
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,031/227
    Given: 414/394

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oszkar07 View Post
    N0 1 best option if possible is your glock, other than that its really an anything could happen scenario but I still think BJJ and some striking skills will help a lot.

    This is ex navy seal J.Willinks oppinion on the subject ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGpDVCkhtD4
    Westerners are still crazy about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? They don't have grappling and groundfighting systems of their own? It's funny because Judo was the first martial art coming out of East Asia that became popular across the West. And the military of various nations incorporated it in their hand-to-hand combat systems. For instance, during World War II, in the US and the UK, Judo was taught in addition to Western boxing to commandos supposed to operate behind enemy lines. And apparently, during the same time in Russia, it was used as inspiration to create Sambo. And now, this Navy Seal tells us BJJ is the number one martial art, lol.

  5. #35
    Veteran Member oszkar07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Location
    Spirits in a Material World
    Meta-Ethnicity
    FTDNA=East Euro 27%, West and Central Euro 70%,
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian/British
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2 M223, OL School Euro
    mtDNA
    H1m
    Taxonomy
    European
    Politics
    Centrist
    Gender
    Posts
    1,329
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 997/48
    Given: 1,980/56

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony PV View Post
    Westerners are still crazy about Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? They don't have grappling and groundfighting systems of their own? It's funny because Judo was the first martial art coming out of East Asia that became popular across the West. And the military of various nations incorporated it in their hand-to-hand combat systems. For instance, during World War II, in the US and the UK, Judo was taught in addition to Western boxing to commandos supposed to operate behind enemy lines. And apparently, during the same time in Russia, it was used as inspiration to create Sambo. And now, this Navy Seal tells us BJJ is the number one martial art, lol.
    Because BJJ is effective, not for any ther reason.
    The most traditional form of grappling in the west has been wrestling.
    Wrestling has for longtime been very popular in the States and Russia/Caucasus and certain Euro countries, it is an effective grappling system, but next to wrestling the most effective happens to be BJJ.
    Judo and BJJ are related to each other, but Judo has gone more the way of a sport, its mainly effective for takedowns = trips and throws. Jujitsu more has a more detailed ground game utilising chokes,leglocks, armbars, leglocks , but also utilises takedowns too.
    The Gracie's of Brazil started developing Jujitsu to be even more effective in real combat ...this is where BJJ started.

  6. #36
    Veteran Member DarknessWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:19 AM
    Location
    Macedonia
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    I2
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Leonidas
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Gender
    Posts
    6,457
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,991/656
    Given: 3,799/888

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony PV View Post
    Pankration and MMA are not the same thing, dumbass.
    Its both mixed martial arts , Pankration also called Vale Tubo .
    If i am dumbass you are a son of a whore


  7. #37
    Veteran Member DarknessWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:19 AM
    Location
    Macedonia
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    I2
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Leonidas
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Gender
    Posts
    6,457
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,991/656
    Given: 3,799/888

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilance View Post
    lol man fuck off

    I've fought REAL men bigger and stronger than me in the STREETS

    And I've gotten beaten up badly

    So I can gauge whether a style will work or not

    A boxer can't do SHIT if a Karate/Kung Fu guy kicks him FIRST "legs are longer and extend further than punches"

    THIS ISNT SOME IMAGINARY CHINK CHONG BULLSHIT

    Wu Shu girl dodges and counters a swordsman move
    https://youtu.be/3QWnmtavj8A

    YOU CANNOT, IT IS VERY DANGEROUS TO ONLY TRY TO BOX A SWORDSMAN

    Come and beat me then pussy , all karate and kung fu guys dont know to fight at all.
    they moved wrong and they hit wrong without defense

    kickboxing is million times better and good in the street while karate and other chinish/japanish styles are just silly moves

  8. #38
    Veteran Member DarknessWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:19 AM
    Location
    Macedonia
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    I2
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Leonidas
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Gender
    Posts
    6,457
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,991/656
    Given: 3,799/888

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilance View Post
    Jackie Chan is nonsense not Karate or Kung Fu.

    How do you think MMA even developed?
    Jackie Chan , Bruce Lee , Tsak Norris etc all of them are actors and shit fighters.
    They give karate and kung fu name but its nothing compare to Kick Boxing,MMA etc

  9. #39
    Veteran Member DarknessWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:19 AM
    Location
    Macedonia
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    I2
    Taxonomy
    Pontid-CM
    Hero
    Leonidas
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Gender
    Posts
    6,457
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2,991/656
    Given: 3,799/888

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilance View Post
    Wu Shu acrobatic swordsmanship at 0:34

    https://youtu.be/aOmfHJH6kv0

    I can tell you that those moves are no joke because theyre very similar to Sikh Gatka
    Very good ballet , silly moves and jumps. LOOOOOL
    what the fuck is this shit?? No defense and not accurate kicks or punches .

    Chinese ballet = kung fu .
    Sent there a kickboxer and let him stunned her in one punch

  10. #40
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:42 AM
    Ethnicity
    not of European descent
    Country
    Quebec
    Gender
    Posts
    1,935
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,031/227
    Given: 414/394

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarknessWin View Post
    Its both mixed martial arts , Pankration also called Vale Tubo .
    If i am dumbass you are a son of a whore
    Nah, my mom didn't earn her living the same way you do, you cocksucking retard.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. European Martial arts
    By Dombra in forum Self Defense and Preparedness
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-28-2017, 08:08 AM
  2. What is the most badass martial arts?
    By Mortimer in forum Sport
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2017, 09:30 PM
  3. The Truth About Martial Arts & Self-Defense
    By Rudy in forum Self Defense and Preparedness
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 12:28 PM
  4. Martial Arts Thread
    By YggsVinr in forum Self Defense and Preparedness
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 12:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •