Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62

Thread: East/West Sicily modeled using academic samples

  1. #41
    Administrator
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Sikeliot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Greco-Roman
    Ancestry
    Italic, Hellenic, Slavic, Iberian, West African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Gender
    Posts
    104,028
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37,620/2,066
    Given: 10,505/924

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Either way it is absolutely not supported that I only post Armenoid or exotic phenotypes, anyone looking at those photos can see that while some of those types are present, the majority are not.


  2. #42
    Gone Bobby Martnen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    10-12-2018 @ 01:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    .....
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    22,804
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8,637/907
    Given: 26,137/1,080

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    Sicilians also have more SW Asian, North African, etc. than Mycenaeans had, and less "West Med" (which is really a misnomer because it is representative of ancient Anatolian, and the component arrived from the east, not from the west).

    I do not agree that the extra Near Eastern in Sicily is from Anatolia.
    I thought "West Med" was Sardinians?
    No longer active on this website

  3. #43
    Gone Bobby Martnen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    10-12-2018 @ 01:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    .....
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    22,804
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8,637/907
    Given: 26,137/1,080

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    Northwest. I am pretty sure you can model Sicilians without any NE European at all. But they do have some "French" like ancestry.

    But what is clear to me is they cannot be modeled without some North African and Levantine, no matter what populations you use in the mixture. So I do not think it's just all ancient Anatolian.
    French aren't NW Euro either - they're also Meds, albeit more NW shifted than Italians.
    No longer active on this website

  4. #44
    Gone Bobby Martnen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    10-12-2018 @ 01:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    .....
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    22,804
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8,637/907
    Given: 26,137/1,080

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8888 View Post
    Yeah, Sikeliot is a troll.

    I'll be banned again after this post but I need to expose him:

    He claims Sicilians are MENAs because he thinks he looks MENA (he doesn't, but that's another story) and he wants to be ''Ancient Greek'', so in order for him to be Ancient Greek Sicilians must be Levantines, Greek mainlanders Slavs etc. This way everything would ''match'' his exact ancestry. Polish/Portuguese/Sicilian faggot from USA.
    He also trolls the Portuguese claiming they are African admixed because it would make them like his Capeverdean grandmother.

    In short, all of his 100000000 posts sprung from his personal issues and trolling attempts.
    Even if you don't agree with what he posts and think he doesn't for personal reasons (which I don't, since the science is on his side), that's still not trolling. Trolling is intentionally trying to provoke people, and I've never seen Sikeliot do that.
    No longer active on this website

  5. #45
    Gone Bobby Martnen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    10-12-2018 @ 01:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    .....
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    22,804
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8,637/907
    Given: 26,137/1,080

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    A member on Anthrogenica made these, I do not get credit for it but I thought they were interesting.

    I highlighted Greek in green, MENA in red, and West European in blue.

    Interesting is East Sicily can be modeled with no North African, while West Sicily requires it.

    Sicilian_East

    Samaritan:149533 21.80
    French_South:SouthFrench3326 19.25
    Greek_Central_Anatolia:G25003 16.90
    French_South:SouthFrench3951 13.20
    Greek:GREEKGRALPOP16 12.80
    Greek_Central_Anatolia:G25001 7.65
    Greek:GREEKGRALPOP10 3.85
    Greek:GREEKGRALPOP14 3.25

    Turkish_Adana:Adana23133 1.30

    Greek Islands + Anatolian Greek: 44.45
    French: 32.45
    MENA: 23.1


    Sicilian_West

    Samaritan:149533 19.40
    French_South:SouthFrench1323 17.95
    Greek_Crete:B_Crete-1 13.10
    Greek:NA17373 11.20
    Greek_Central_Anatolia:G25003 9.10

    French_South:SouthFrench3326 8.05
    French_South:SouthFrench3951 6.95

    Turkish_Adana:Adana23133 5.10
    Mozabite:HGDP01274 5.05
    Greek:GREEKGRALPOP16 4.10

    Greek Islands + Anatolian Greek: 37.50
    French: 32.95
    MENA: 29.55
    It's also worth noting, I think, that the French used here is "French South", which is much more southern-shifted than Normans are, so Sicilians aren't actually 1/3 Norman.
    No longer active on this website

  6. #46
    Ride through your hood like "Bitch, I'm the mayor!
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Last Online
    10-13-2018 @ 11:23 PM
    Location
    New Orleans/Salem
    Ethnicity
    Madison Montgomery
    Country
    Cuba
    Region
    Massachusetts
    Hero
    Valley girls giving blowjobs for Louboutins
    Relationship Status
    Dating Evan Peters
    Gender
    Posts
    30,723
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6,757/540
    Given: 3,255/377

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8888 View Post
    Yeah, Sikeliot is a troll.

    I'll be banned again after this post but I need to expose him:

    He claims Sicilians are MENAs because he thinks he looks MENA (he doesn't, but that's another story) and he wants to be ''Ancient Greek'', so in order for him to be Ancient Greek Sicilians must be Levantines, Greek mainlanders Slavs etc. This way everything would ''match'' his exact ancestry. Polish/Portuguese/Sicilian faggot from USA.
    He also trolls the Portuguese claiming they are African admixed because it would make them like his Capeverdean grandmother.

    In short, all of his 100000000 posts sprung from his personal issues and trolling attempts.
    Why u keep creating accounts if you claimed to be tired of TA before your first ban? I remember that.... You said you wanted to be banned. lol
    You cant get away from this forum.

  7. #47
    Administrator
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Sikeliot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Greco-Roman
    Ancestry
    Italic, Hellenic, Slavic, Iberian, West African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Gender
    Posts
    104,028
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37,620/2,066
    Given: 10,505/924

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    It's also worth noting, I think, that the French used here is "French South", which is much more southern-shifted than Normans are, so Sicilians aren't actually 1/3 Norman.
    The "French" there might signify north Italian settlement or Italic ancestry.

  8. #48
    Administrator
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Sikeliot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Greco-Roman
    Ancestry
    Italic, Hellenic, Slavic, Iberian, West African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Gender
    Posts
    104,028
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37,620/2,066
    Given: 10,505/924

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    I thought "West Med" was Sardinians?
    West Med peaks in Sardinians, but high amounts of it will also shift people toward North Africa, as after Sardinians, it is highest next in Northwest Africa (NOT Iberia as people often think).

  9. #49
    Gone Bobby Martnen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    10-12-2018 @ 01:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    .....
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    22,804
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8,637/907
    Given: 26,137/1,080

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    A member on Anthrogenica made these, I do not get credit for it but I thought they were interesting.

    I highlighted Greek in green, MENA in red, and West European in blue.

    Interesting is East Sicily can be modeled with no North African, while West Sicily requires it.

    Sicilian_East

    Samaritan:149533 21.80
    French_South:SouthFrench3326 19.25
    Greek_Central_Anatolia:G25003 16.90
    French_South:SouthFrench3951 13.20
    Greek:GREEKGRALPOP16 12.80
    Greek_Central_Anatolia:G25001 7.65
    Greek:GREEKGRALPOP10 3.85
    Greek:GREEKGRALPOP14 3.25

    Turkish_Adana:Adana23133 1.30

    Greek Islands + Anatolian Greek: 44.45
    French: 32.45
    MENA: 23.1


    Sicilian_West

    Samaritan:149533 19.40
    French_South:SouthFrench1323 17.95
    Greek_Crete:B_Crete-1 13.10
    Greek:NA17373 11.20
    Greek_Central_Anatolia:G25003 9.10

    French_South:SouthFrench3326 8.05
    French_South:SouthFrench3951 6.95

    Turkish_Adana:Adana23133 5.10
    Mozabite:HGDP01274 5.05
    Greek:GREEKGRALPOP16 4.10

    Greek Islands + Anatolian Greek: 37.50
    French: 32.95
    MENA: 29.55
    Sorry for the bump, but do you think this means that Sicilians are ~40% Ancient Greek, ~30% Italo-Celtic, and ~30% MENA?

    (As opposed to 50% MENA, like GEDmatch would suggest)
    No longer active on this website

  10. #50
    Administrator
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

    Sikeliot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Greco-Roman
    Ancestry
    Italic, Hellenic, Slavic, Iberian, West African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Gender
    Posts
    104,028
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37,620/2,066
    Given: 10,505/924

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    Sorry for the bump, but do you think this means that Sicilians are ~40% Ancient Greek, ~30% Italo-Celtic, and ~30% MENA?

    (As opposed to 50% MENA, like GEDmatch would suggest)
    I think so yes.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-12-2017, 07:02 PM
  2. What's West and East?
    By Zephyr in forum Ethno-Cultural Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 12:57 PM
  3. East vs. West
    By d3cimat3d in forum History & Ethnogenesis
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 01:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •