Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

Default How can I get closer to Jesus?

Sometimes I feel distant from God, and confused, and lost and alone.

I pray every night, but how can I become closer to Jesus and God, I want to feel God's love in my life more, and have a better relationship with Him.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:31 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic Celtic Romance
    Ethnicity
    Central/Northwestern Euro
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,985
    Given: 450

0 Not allowed!

Walk on water, or, possible, nail yourself to a cross.

Last Online
    11-24-2018 @ 06:56 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrian
    Ethnicity
    Lab
    Country
    Albania
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid-Pontid
    Politics
    Third Positionist
    Hero
    Skenderbeg, Ali Pasha, J. Caesar
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

Esoteric Christianity!

READ MEISTER ECKHART FAGGOT

(Or become a Gnostic Christian ignore what these orthodox fags like Jay Dyer say about it..)
    Every day is a good day!

Banned
    Last Online
    04-19-2022 @ 06:31 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Ancestry
    Cuba, Iberia, Canary Islands, Normandy, and Senegambia
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Wisconsin
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z282
    mtDNA
    L1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Mediterranid + Berid
    Politics
    Third Position
    Religion
    Vajrayāna Buddhism
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,966
    Given: 1,575

3 Not allowed!

By dying, I would imagine.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,944
    Given: 45,034

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    Sometimes I feel distant from God, and confused, and lost and alone.

I pray every night, but how can I become closer to Jesus and God, I want to feel God's love in my life more, and have a better relationship with Him.
    Very noble desires... you just have to keep going at it. God said that those who seek him shall find him. Read the Bible, and before you do ask God to speak to you through it.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

♡✞♕✝♕✞♡
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Country
    Austria
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    💕
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 844
    Given: 357

1 Not allowed!

Asses first the type of relationship you already have with Him. This can, to some degree, be determined by how often you sense His presence in your life - frequently, occasionally, or seldom. Ideally, you should try to include Him in your daily life. If you wanted to maintain a close friendship with someone, you would also seek to keep them around and make them part of some of your regular activities. Well, a close relationship with God/Jesus is no different in that sense. And according to the Bible, “He is not far from each one of us.” (Acts 17:27). Prayer is one way to connect with Him, but it isn't the only way. Read His word, and meditate on verses in an effort to get to know Him even better. Turning to the Bible may sound cliche, however the Bible is God's universal and timeless revelation to man, validated by miracles and prophecy, and in full harmony with archaeology, topography, and science. “All Scripture is breathed out by God” (2 Timothy 3:16). It’s “His-story”, written with love as His guide for life, “so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” The Scriptures will thus most likely contain a direct or indirect answer to what you're looking for, including how to have a deeper relationship with Him. God wanted us to know Him through His word, and again, it's just like a regular friendship - if you want to be someone's friend, you start by getting to know them (better). Through the words of Jesus in the Bible, we are able to “hear” God's voice, and know what God is truly like.

When you pray, don't limit yourself to predefined prayers, but really talk to God/Jesus, as you would to someone standing next to you. Also don't limit prayer to a specific time of the day and place like in church, before eating or going to bed. Some people pray on their way to work, in line with their groceries or in the shower. There's nothing "wrong" with that. You can pray anytime and anywhere. That said, make sure you also set aside some quiet, consistent alone time for prayer and meditation. Times of silence and reflection give God an open channel to your heart. Clear out your mind. Remove distractions - turn off the TV, phone, get off the Internet. See prayer as a conversation rather than a monologue. Just like God speaks to us in His word, He is also listening when we pray. Ask for specific things, and confide in Him as you would in a close friend. Vent, if you feel like doing it. Make it a habit to turn to Him for anything and everything, and you will feel closer to Him in no time.

Learn to listen to His voice. God speaking to you may not necessarily (or always) translate to a literal, booming voice from heaven. Many people expect to have an auditory or visual experience, and when they don't, they get frustrated, thinking God is hard to reach. But despite the stereotype, God is not really the silent type. Often, He speaks through what people have described as a “still, small voice”. You just have to know how and where to listen. Here is some good reading material on the matter: 8 Ways God Speaks to Us Today, 10 Ways to Hear from God Regularly, 5 Ways God Speaks to Us in the 21st Century and How to Find God When He's Silent. Also, God likely has a plan for you. Here are five simple steps to discover it.

Get Spirit-filled. “God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” (Romans 5:5)

Keep His commandments, obey His word. Jesus told His disciples in the upper room, “He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” (John 14:21). Living a life of obedience is the way we show our love and gratitude towards God. It is our response to the grace He bestows upon us. James tells us that as we submit ourselves to God through obedience, resist the devil, and draw near to God, He will draw near to us (James 4:7-8). Confess your sins, repent and ask for forgiveness.

Interact with other believers. Sometimes, you can see how God works through other people, and it can be quite amazing. Try to connect with a community of believers where you can find answers, encouragement, friendship, and support. Maybe keep a journal, or write down some of the more important spiritual thoughts and experiences you have. God sometimes speaks to us through our thoughts and ideas. Remember the things He brings to life in you.

Love and appreciate yourself. God created you and loves you as you are, and regardless if you hate or love yourself. But if you choose to love yourself, you will also feel His love much stronger.

Be humble. This is often difficult in today's society, but people who are too self-absorbed or proud basically put a wall between them and God.

Have faith - this is very important if you will want to have a closer relationship with Jesus/God. You must first choose to believe that an intimate relationship with Him is possible before you can enter it, for everything – spiritually speaking – is a product of one's faith. Remember, God has created you for a close friendship with Himself. And if that isn't enough encouragement, remember what was promised by Jesus - "Ask, seek, knock". Invite and receive Him into your life with an open heart and mind. Ask in faith, without hesitation or doubt. God may be waiting for you to truly believe He can do what you are asking for.

Finally, be patient. Relationships with people are dynamic, in that they often change with time and can grow deeper. The same is true for your relationship with God/Jesus. Although you may not always see changes immediately, you will begin to see them over time, and all the truths will become clear.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-29-2018 @ 06:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Kyrgyzstan
    Region
    Finnmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,937
    Given: 2,460

0 Not allowed!