Canada
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 4

0 Not allowed!

Default New Ancestry DNA update help!

these are my old results shows almost 20% italy/greece which is my albanian side along with some eastern europe and and middle east then all of a sudden this

a 33% increase in my british and almost all my other populations drop off that seems a little extreme. Like now according to this I am extremely british and northern european my ftdna and other tests have never pointed to this nor has my gedmatch.

Just for reference here was my gencove

my ftdna

I am not denying I obviously have Northern European ancestry but for the spike to be this extreme seems a little odd and bizarre [hr][quote=cvolt,(time=1529023126)]Not everyone has access to it yet.

Yet this just seems so innacurate that a population would have a 33% increase while losing a 20% population which has been proven I have throughout many other tests. What are you opinions?

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

0 Not allowed!

I still can't see the update

Last Online
    07-29-2018 @ 02:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germany, Balkan, West Asian, Eastern Europe
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    I still can't see the update
    But doesnt this seem really odd

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Turin Turambar, Húrin Thalion and Aulë
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,931
    Given: 20,239

0 Not allowed!

The update entailed that it has a larger sample size that its algorithm reads more readily that is fine-tuned to process faster and more concisely with its regional components. Which is why the previous broad components are getting absorbed into its new software. Essentially, your broad Central and Southern Euro components dissipated and got reabsorbed into Germanic Europe, British Isles and Spain components.
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by de Burgh II View Post
    The update entailed that it has a larger sample size that its algorithm reads more readily that is fine-tuned to process faster and more concisely with its regional components. Which is why the previous broad components are getting absorbed into its new software. Essentially, your broad Central and Southern Euro components dissipated and got reabsorbed into Germanic Europe, British Isles and Spain components.
    So do you think it is pretty inaccurate? As this new algorithm literally contradicts every other test and gedmatch I have done. I could not possible be that British and Irish and a 33% increase as absolutely crazy. Also how does 20% just disappear and become German when southern Europe and Germany don't share the same ethnic Male up

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by torgun0010 View Post
    So do you think it is pretty inaccurate? As this new algorithm literally contradicts every other test and gedmatch I have done. I could not possible be that British and Irish and a 33% increase as absolutely crazy. Also how does 20% just disappear and become German when southern Europe and Germany don't share the same ethnic Male up
    When you read between the lines for each component; there is a very generalized overlap with countries that the samples encompass collectively that varies from very little to alot of said genetic relatedness percentage-wise. Seeing that the previous version lacks the robust sample size of the new update; it suffers statistically speaking. In other words, the previous update compared to the present update is less accurate. Wouldn't say its inaccurate per se, but genetically speaking, the more mixed you are, the harder it is to give an accurate prediction for your various ancestries.

Your best bet is to upload your raw data to gedmatch and see your ancestral breakdown approximately.
    “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.”

- H.P. Lovecraft

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

When you read between the lines for each component; there is a very generalized overlap with countries that the samples encompass collectively that varies from very little to alot of said genetic relatedness percentage-wise. Seeing that the previous version lacks the robust sample size of the new update; it suffers statistically speaking. In other words, the previous update compared to the present update is less accurate. Wouldn't say its inaccurate per se, but genetically speaking, the more mixed you are, the harder it is to give an accurate prediction for your various ancestries.

Your best bet is to upload your raw data to gedmatch and see your ancestral breakdown approximately.
    I already uploaded the ancestry dna from the previous or old update. But I'm just saying a 33% increase in English is a huge leap it's like they just got rid of everything and decided to just make me super Irish. Which is kind of making me mad because what this is saying andnmy ftfna and my gedmatch sah doesnt match this

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Antarctica
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by torgun0010 View Post
    I already uploaded the ancestry dna from the previous or old update. But I'm just saying a 33% increase in English is a huge leap it's like they just got rid of everything and decided to just make me super Irish. Which is kind of making me mad because what this is saying andnmy ftfna and my gedmatch sah doesnt match this
    I acknowledge that you have a point in regards with the tremendous, upwards leap in your ancestral component that I'll admit, like you said, is very odd in nature. Nevertheless, when you look at Europe's genetic signatures that collectively defines each branch of Europe; without advanced technology to autosomally isolate each country that alot of academic researchers/studies have at their disposal; Ancestry suffers in this regard since it only has technology to separate its genetic signatures in clumps or components via its heat mapping and limited ranges of its collected sample size's locations. Thus, this may be one possibility to your predicament.

Nevertheless, let us consider other said possibilities to explain your current predicament for why it is reacting the way it is. Another possibility is that your autosomal dna is too generalized for a specific area rather than a specific country. Meaning that, the algorithms can't detect any peculiar genetic data via snps that is representative to a specific country. In this situation, this is where 23andMe excels in this regard. That is synonymous with 23andMe's "Broadly European" components; your dna is peculiar to a certain area in Europe, but too mixed/generalized to be more specific to a country genetically speaking.

- H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    Last Online
    10-13-2018 @ 11:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    Madison Montgomery
    Country
    Cuba
    Region
    Massachusetts
    Hero
    Valley girls giving blowjobs for Louboutins
    Relationship Status
    Dating Evan Peters
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,852
    Given: 3,187

0 Not allowed!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Country
    Canada
    Religion
    Islam
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I acknowledge that you have a point in regards with the tremendous, upwards leap in your ancestral component that I'll admit, like you said, is very odd in nature. Nevertheless, when you look at Europe's genetic signatures that collectively defines each branch of Europe; without advanced technology to autosomally isolate each country that alot of academic researchers/studies have at their disposal; Ancestry suffers in this regard since it only has technology to separate its genetic signatures in clumps or components via its heat mapping and limited ranges of its collected sample size's locations. Thus, this may be one possibility to your predicament.

Nevertheless, let us consider other said possibilities to explain your current predicament for why it is reacting the way it is. Another possibility is that your autosomal dna is too generalized for a specific area rather than a specific country. Meaning that, the algorithms can't detect any peculiar genetic data via snps that is representative to a specific country. In this situation, this is where 23andMe excels in this regard. That is synonymous with 23andMe's "Broadly European" components; your dna is peculiar to a certain area in Europe, but too mixed/generalized to be more specific to a country genetically speaking.
    So because I have such a mix some eastern European scandanivia some west Asia and middle eastern trade amounts around 5% and all of these things it could have just thrown the algorithm off and thus just clustered me as a northern Europe? Also as you said I found it odd brcusse my highest population was Irish and then southern europe at 20% but all of a sudden English and Irish jumped and my 20% was just gone. I might try testing with 23andme do you find them more accurate then ancestry. Also I'm goj g to give ancestry a call because at the end of the day this new algorithm doesnt match up with any of my tests as I have already stated. I am just kind of in shock because when you spend as much as you do with ancestry yok expect quality and things here arent really adding up

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information