Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: As Indians outperform Chinese in overseas corporate management, China must nurture talent

Last Online
    12-29-2023 @ 05:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Philippian, Pinoy-Yorker, Luzonian
    Ethnicity
    Philo-Rican/ Filipino American/ Pacific American
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,524
    Given: 1,834

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    First of all, I have never seen your pic until you posted on my wall. I don't have a pic to show him and I don't sneakily send photos of members to other members without their permission.

Secondly, I don't have anything to do with the triads. They are all fobs and Cantonese speaking anyways, I don't speak Cantonese. My life is pretty Americanized.
    I can actually prove it, that you thumbs it up. in was a thread that members were showing their cars/vechicles…

my point is I have no problem showing up.. i'm the reason why that fat guy doesnt show up online anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Just to confirm, it isn't any of them who showed me your photo. Zhao would never do that. Anyways, it doesn't matter who sent me your photo, all that matters is that the whole thing is settled now and my curiosity was sated. I have no intention of using it for anything and won't repost it.
    in other words, you were bluffing/lying caught red handed... DONT B.S ME... but dont worry, i'm not surprise by your actions, sneaky & dishonesty .

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony PV View Post
    Permaban him, then.
    loki is the owner.. zhoyun has boss he answers to...

I spoke to loki already..

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Ironman check your PM. I'm sincerely feeling bad for messing with you and I don't know, really tired (guess all this teasing around does get old after a while). Hope you'll accept my apology, explanations and an olive branch. You don't have to accept anything, but I'll keep true to my words and leave you alone from now on.

I know, I know. As Nuwa's descendent, I must be more snake than human and in your culture, snakes are evil deceivers. But I hope you'll look past your prejudices and realize that even snakes repay kindness with kindness: https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/an...rom-house-fire
    in Judaism, Christianity & Islam ( which is completely alien to you & Zhou)..

.snakes is the symbol of satan/devil ( deceiver)... dragon is also a symbol of satan..

snakes used to have legs and arms like lizards/Chinese dragons.. the legs/arms was removed because it was too arrogant of its craftiness & deceived naïve adam & eve.

while in Chinese dragon is symbol of wisdom, power, and luck in Chinese ..
    Last edited by 1R0N M4N XL; 06-22-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Indo-Brachid + Gracile Indid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,454
    Given: 11,125

1 Not allowed!

I'll give you a sincere response since you didn't come raging at me like most indians. What you believe about the 1962 Sino-Indian War is wrong. It was almost entirely India's fault as India was the one who declared war with China. Chinese weren't the aggressors, indians were and Nehru's 'Forward Policy' of reclaiming land (which obviously does not belong to indians but to the native northeasterners) was the catalyst of the war: http://www.rediff.com/news/2001/may/23spec.htm

Chinese aggression is a myth and China repeatedly offered for a ceasefire with indians (indians only accepted this when Nehru realized that the chinese could push all the way to Dehli and "conquer" it if they wanted): http://www.rediff.com/news/2001/may/23spec.htm

The fact that indians still insist China is at fault and clearly want revenge suggests that indians don't want peace. You know, if we looked at the war diaries of the chinese soldiers at the time, they never spoke ill of the indians (the same way indians shit on chinese soldiers). They showed indians respect, POWs were fed, and India's weapons were cleaned up and returned. Name one other country that would treat an enemy with such graciousness? Just one?

I also know that indians were trying to hindunize the arunachalis at the time, and feeding them anti-chinese propaganda. Yet some of the older arunachalis had thought well of the chinese soldiers, who weren't the monsters they expected http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-sho...s/20121030.htm

(Just to be clear, arunachalis indeed have a reason to mistrust and even hate the chinese. They're very close to tibetans, some even fled from Tibet because of China so I don't hold it against them)

Of course, India's own campaign in the northeast against Nagaland, Mizoram and Manipur in particular was nothing short of brutal. Indians boast about not using air support against China yet did not hesitate to conduct air strikes against civilian populations in Aizawl, Mizoram. Under the AFSPA, so many atrocities were committed including mass rapes and murder. I have a mizo friend and she hates indians to the bone because of this. And I don't blame her one bit. By the way, there are indeed many northeasterners who are proud indians, majority even. But there's a significant minority who hate indians and want independence and I'll tell you why. Being called 'chinki' or from China/Nepal is the tip of the iceberg. It's because in light of the traumatic past, they often face discrimination, are othered and constantly have to prove that they're indian despite all the contributions they've made to India. In India, it's normal for northeasterners to be raped or beaten in public by a mob of racists. I don't know about others but that's biggest reason among many that I mistrust indians.

As for the anthroforums, it's not just that. I've seen many unpleasant things with indians on a non-anthro website much bigger than this. Indians are one of the largest populations there and at one time, chinese were as well. However, indians would constantly start discussions trolling chinese posters (to the point many native chinese took note of this). One of the most common topics was the han persecution of chinese minorities.

Of course, the China bashers were too stupid to see that minorities in China didn't just include tibetan/uighur exiles and that not all minorities had problems with the central government. Naturally, chinese minorities from China objected to this. I know that they are minorities because they had posts and photos showing traditional wear/revealed their locations, languages and others were friends. But instead of listening to what they had to say, the users, mostly indians would accuse them of being han imposters/50 cents/brainwashed (and all that crap) and spout offensive language (the most bullied was a tibetan and also a half tibetan/naxi girl, living in Tibet proper). Some of them fought back and were subsequently banned. Some of them just got fed up and left. And the many han who saw this helped their fellow compatriots (meeting the same fate). In reality, that's how all of us really are like including overseas. Contrary to the accusations, we really do see each other as family and inter-ethnic discrimination isn't widespread. That's the other biggest reason why I mistrust indians.

Now you can see things from my hypocritical point of view and why I'm always "trashing indians". The reason why I responded back to you with a tl;dr long ass post is because I feel that you're at least respectful and deserve to know why. Actually as an individual, you're OK. I'm not OK, but I also don't represent most chinese. I'm sure indians, southeast asians, europeans, browns, blacks have many reasons to hate chinese as well and I can respect that. Most chinese will treat you well, I'm just very messed up but be relieved. Some day soon, I'll pack up my bags and leave for China so bear with me till then. Many chinese still need a helping hand and enjoying the benefits of a first world while ignoring children suffering doesn't feel right.
    Bro with that same logic wasn't tibet invaded by china? Different sources say different things. It was mainly disputes over who gets what and neither one of them is innocent here. Nehru followed ideologies opposite to gandhi and was very aggressive in general. He initiated attack first as I stated in my previous statement as well, but it started with china's border with kashmir and when they recently were building roads in tibet that wasoriginally part of india. Thats what most sources say atleast. I blame the british as well though since northeast india, other than assam, was not really part of the indian society throughout history. They acquired northeast india just like china got tibet, xinjiang, etc. Northeast indians are indifferent imo. They dont really like mainland indians but they dont wish to join china, burma, etc. the major issue in india is with kashmir. They want to be either become their own nation or join pakistan.

In terms of northeastern rape? Well idk their women, just like most east asian women, are generally better looking than mainland indian women and they expose quite a bit with short/tight clothes as well and a lot of sexually frustrated indian men will obviously get erected from that. I'm not justifying their actions at all but the rape happens a lot in india because most men dont have sex until marriage and neither do they get into relationships with free will. They are in constant fear that their parents will catch them and punish them for such actions. Its the same case in the middle east but over there they punish rapists with death hence people dont do it as much over there. There should definitely be strict laws prohibiting such actions in india.

A lot of north easterners are given opportunities in mainland india just like most other indians. They will get some racist attacks here and there because they look drastically different from us. However, its no where as big as the media makes it out to be lol. Besides indians/south asians insult and attack each other physically or verbally from all regions. North indians call us south indians black and north indians are called retarded/uneducated. Nepalis call indians dhoti(indian garment), kaalu(black) and nepalis are called chinki/momo, etc. Pakistanis call us black and ugly as well. Gujaratis are stingy, bengali women are sexy but men are the ugliest, etc. There are a bunch of stereotypes lol. Northeasterners get their share as well.

and yeah you do say some controversial stuff. Fractal does too and its worse than what you say tbh. I see your point of view but many of those things you stated are done by indian government not by people. People on both sides dont know and dont care about each other that much. the knowledge about china among indian public is limited and vice versa. Its better to push forward and work together for the asian century just like zhaoyun mentioned earlier. We could have exchange programs, do concerts in each other's countries, show culture, art, talent across the borders.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 1R0N M4N XL View Post
    I can actually prove it, that you thumbs it up. in was a thread that members were showing their cars/vechicles…

my point is I have no problem showing up.. i'm the reason why that fat guy doesnt show up online anymore..

in other words, you were bluffing/lying caught red handed... DONT B.S ME... but dont worry, i'm not surprise by your actions, sneaky & dishonesty .
    If you did post a pic before and I thumbed it up, I forgot all about it. I may not have really known who you were then.

Last Online
    07-16-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 1,765

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 1R0N M4N XL View Post
    Shortened for brevity
    That's not true at all, Ironman. The Philippines was founded in 1898 and your first president was Emilio Aguinaldo. This marked the beginning of the Philippines as a nation state, as you clearly had a nationalistic ideal starting much earlier. In contrast, China at this time was still a civilization state and we didn't know any better. By 1912, China was in a state of anarchy and possibly before this. China was officially founded in 1949.

So the Philippines/Southeast Asia already had a head start in politics way before China. Furthermore, being a colony wasn't bad for India/Philippines (most of China's most developed regions were colonial territories), it made you the richest country in Asia alongside Japan. You had all the infrastructure, social development, education, employment provided by the americans but unlike the japanese, indians/filipinos blew it all. In contrast, China literally had to start from scratch after complete devastation from invasions and civil wars. If it wasn't for the USSR, China would never have the technology to kickstart the economy.

Thirdly, India and Philippines were in WTO/GATT from 1948 to 1979 respectively. China joined in 2001, which shows that you were integrated into the world economy so much earlier.

Fourthly, you talk about languages but mandarin only truly became the national language in 1911. Before there were suggestions to make it official. However, there were literally hundreds of dialects/languages spoken across China and the majority of the population was illiterate. So the situation isn't much different from the Philippines with the exception that China was much poorer, lacking the resources of the Philippines. This is evident by the 'millions' of chinese 'fleeing' to the Philippines. You and India are lucky to be living in the tropics where you never worry about drought, famine, blizzards.

If you think about it, China isn't just a child prodigy but an orphan. You're literally the old man claiming to be young just to compete with a child (and losing). Don't you feel ashamed?

Last Online
    07-16-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 1,765

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thambi View Post
    Bro with that same logic wasn't tibet invaded by china? Different sources say different things. It was mainly disputes over who gets what and neither one of them is innocent here. Nehru followed ideologies opposite to gandhi and was very aggressive in general. He initiated attack first as I stated in my previous statement as well, but it started with china's border with kashmir and when they recently were building roads in tibet that wasoriginally part of india. Thats what most sources say atleast. I blame the british as well though since northeast india, other than assam, was not really part of the indian society throughout history. They acquired northeast india just like china got tibet, xinjiang, etc. Northeast indians are indifferent imo. They dont really like mainland indians but they dont wish to join china, burma, etc. the major issue in india is with kashmir. They want to be either become their own nation or join pakistan.
    You're the first indian I've seen who has admitted that Nehru was aggressive. Most other indians were angry that Nehru was weak, too naive, trusted the chinese too much, too passive, etc. They wanted him to be more aggressive/genocidal forgetting that this is what caused the war in the first place. I think the comparison between China in Tibet/Xinjiang isn't as comparable to India and the Northeast. In China's case, Tibet and Xinjiang were considered chinese territory based on the territorial claims from the Qing Dynasty (1721 onwards for Tibet). I'm not justifying China's annexation of Tibet/Xinjiang which was clearly brutal but the fact is it was part of China when China was defined as a nation.

With India's case, it is a little bit different. Northeast India became a part of India as an inheritance from the british. Systematic abuses and atrocities (war rape, murder of civilians) were a common occurrence. Most of such reports in China are based on hearsay while this isn't the case for India as there have been documented cases (including of atrocities in Kashmir, Hyderabad). The point is that the list of actual atrocities/massacres, genocides in modern India against civilians is long but also largely ignored.

Note I don't think northeasterners want to be a part of China either nor should they. At the end of the day, northeasterners should have the right to decide what they want, not chinese. And there's little China can do or has done for them more comprehensively and warring because of the mistreatment of northeasterners does more harm than good. My posts are just a reactive response since I genuinely feel they're family.

The problem with India is that minorities and indians don't have close, genuine relations with each other. There's very little kindness in the day-to-day interactions that the hindu, north indian mainstream shows towards those they consider lower caste, different races/religions. They care very little about those inferiors whom they deem different than them whereas in China, everyone is seen as an equal and minorities are part of the family. Minorities and han (with a few tibetans, uighurs being the exception) generally do feel a common bond. When a chinese from an autonomous region is suffering, all the other chinese feel the pain and genuinely are moved to help (I can quote numerous examples if you want/don't believe). It's a type of oneness that arose because of China being a civilizational state for so long.

Yes, I agree with you that rape is a serious problem in not just India, but much of the world. However, rape really is most serious among brown countries. And it's not just India. I don't necessarily think muslim countries are better either. Heard of some really shocking cases in the MENA areas and the fact that the victims are often punished instead of the rapists suggests to me that the incidence of rape is under-reported much more severely than any other region. Certain latin american countries, Africa and southeast asia are also extremely dangerous for women and I know that rape as punishment is commonly used in these countries as well: https://www.theneweconomy.com/insigh...-to-be-a-woman

One thing I notice about all these countries is that there is a culture of denial, of finger pointing other countries and trying to hide the truth when it becomes uncomfortable. One such case was Al Jazeera trying to disprove the myth of arabic misogyny. The interviewer ended up looking like a real prick.

As for your last point about peace, ideally that's what most chinese want as well. However, the sad reality is that peace is fleeting and fragile. In truth, China admires/respects India greatly and if you visit China, you'll find that most chinese do like indians. On the internet it's quite different. Amazing and sad how politics and nationalistic trolls (from both sides) can cause so many issues.

Last Online
    04-02-2019 @ 08:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    North-Korea
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,342
    Given: 1,349

1 Not allowed!

Some of these CEO’s are quite useless. No respect for these exploitative people.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Indo-Pacific
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Taxonomy
    Filipino
    Politics
    Neutral
    Hero
    God
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

That's not true at all, Ironman. The Philippines was founded in 1898 and your first president was Emilio Aguinaldo. This marked the beginning of the Philippines as a nation state, as you clearly had a nationalistic ideal starting much earlier. In contrast, China at this time was still a civilization state and we didn't know any better. By 1912, China was in a state of anarchy and possibly before this. China was officially founded in 1949.

So the Philippines/Southeast Asia already had a head start in politics way before China. Furthermore, being a colony wasn't bad for India/Philippines (most of China's most developed regions were colonial territories), it made you the richest country in Asia alongside Japan. You had all the infrastructure, social development, education, employment provided by the americans but unlike the japanese, indians/filipinos blew it all. In contrast, China literally had to start from scratch after complete devastation from invasions and civil wars. If it wasn't for the USSR, China would never have the technology to kickstart the economy.

Thirdly, India and Philippines were in WTO/GATT from 1948 to 1979 respectively. China joined in 2001, which shows that you were integrated into the world economy so much earlier.

Fourthly, you talk about languages but mandarin only truly became the national language in 1911. Before there were suggestions to make it official. However, there were literally hundreds of dialects/languages spoken across China and the majority of the population was illiterate. So the situation isn't much different from the Philippines with the exception that China was much poorer, lacking the resources of the Philippines. This is evident by the 'millions' of chinese 'fleeing' to the Philippines. You and India are lucky to be living in the tropics where you never worry about drought, famine, blizzards.

If you think about it, China isn't just a child prodigy but an orphan. You're literally the old man claiming to be young just to compete with a child (and losing). Don't you feel ashamed?

UNITED STATES grants Philippines independence july 4 1946

President Cory Aquino's historic speech before the U.S. Congress (1986).. restoration of democracy in Philippines..

the official closing of American bases and influence/control is 1992
    https://www.nytimes.com/1991/12/28/w...subic-bay.html

Cuban, Philippines, Puerto rico was bought for 20 million( surrender price) from spain by americans..

las islas Filipinas was renamed Philippines by the americans when America annex Philippines.. this guy actually have control over the country, with strings by USA.

--------------------------
    Emilio Aguinaldo was a Filipino revolutionary, politician, and military leader, who never had control over the country because it was annex by the united states..

In contrast, China at this time was still a civilization state and we didn't know any better. By 1912, China was in a state of anarchy and possibly before this. China was officially founded in 1949.
    china had control over its destiny.. destiny was decided by the winner of communist/maoist vs nationalist KMT... 1949 is not chinas birth ( but PRC People's Republic of China rebranding by mao).. thats like me saying if Socialist Confederate America won over the capitalist union of America in 2020, then american's birth is 2020.. ..

even before 1949, china was always china & always controlled by Chinese.. china is always fighting itself..
    Last edited by 1R0N M4N XL; 06-25-2018 at 02:25 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-11-2018 @ 08:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 39

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousWays View Post
    Indians have done quite well in corporate management. Look at Microsoft, Google, Adobe, Cognizant, many others. In particular, Microsoft and Adobe were floundering around prior to their current CEO's. Of course, Google was doing quite well but it is expanding to a new level.
    Indeed.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information