Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are there so many gypsies in Eastern Europe?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:26 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,129
    Given: 58,889

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by peperuda View Post
    7. There are several theories about why they left, I suggest reading up on it in your own time if you're interested. Seems they may have originally been low-caste travelling musicians or something of the sort, which would match the stereotype of them being very music-oriented people, or they may have migrated due to military conflicts. Not-so-fun-fact: the term we most often use to refer to them in Eastern Europe is "cigani"(and variations thereof), which is derived from a Greek word meaning "untouchables".
    Not fully true. Its not derrived from the indian meaning untouchable, but from a greec religious sect meaning "the ones who dont consort with others" they were ascetics and magicians, and gypsies were later called from athiganoi that. And it doesnt exactly mean untouchable but the "ones who dont consort with others" or BECAUSE they "dont touch others" not because they are untouchable https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athinganoi
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    “The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    How many more centuries of living in Europe do they need before they're able to assimilate??
    You're thinking of Moslems, not Gypsies.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

How many more centuries of living in Europe do they need before they're able to assimilate??
    They never had equal rights and access to all or equal opportunities though. And they are marginalised since centuries. You cant compare that.
    “The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    You're thinking of Moslems, not Gypsies.
    No, I'm thinking of Roma and the statistics on day-to-day crimes.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    They never had equal rights and access to all or equal opportunities though. And they are marginalised since centuries. You cant compare that.
    So are you homeless and without care for all your medical issues? Do you pay tax contributions? How are you not treated equally?

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

1 Not allowed!

No, I'm thinking of Roma and the statistics on day-to-day crimes.
    Moslems are more culturally different, and have absolutely no desire to assimilate. Send them back to Chewbaccastan or whatever shithole they came from.

I like Gypsies.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

So are you homeless and without care for all your medical issues?
    Apples and Oranges. Im only one person. And I speak historically up to now in many parts of Europe just recently the Italians wanted to create a register of all Gypsies which gave criticism that this reminds of Nazi Germany. Why only register Gypsies and no one else? And would they register really every Gypsy, Would they also register me? I wouldnt like to end up in a crime register, I did nothing wrong.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,439
    Given: 1,346

1 Not allowed!

They're good people. They would be just as successful as "native" Europeans if you guys would only give them half a chance.

They need to abandon their backwards mentality to do that, honestly, begging and collecting trash is what they do instead of being more productive and they even think begging money is some job or something that they were born to do. Its hard to not notice them.

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Moslems are more culturally different, and have absolutely no desire to assimilate. Send them back to Chewbaccastan or whatever shithole they came from.

I like Gypsies.
    You're thinking of Jihadists and extremists rather than moderate muslims.

There's white muslims too (mostly from nations such as Bosnia and Albania.)

A lot of wealthy Saudi's driving supercars are the ones funding our city at the moment. Eg;- Harrods (Europe's largest department store,) Arsenal's impressive modern Emirates Stadium, the Emirates Sky Cable Cars over the River Thames, the Helter Skelter skyscraper, etc. I've seen plenty of Arab doctors and hard-working Arabs, but I've never met a Roma doctor.

I personally know of a young Iranian man who is popular with lots of people of all ethnicities and social classes here, (he looks Med rather than Iranian,) as he's charming, hard-working, polite, is humorous and charming and pleasant towards lots of people... he gets along great with lots of people (mostly his wealthy clients,) and he has his own successful business in London and he's extremely well-integrated.

He loves watching football, dresses as a westerner, loves animals, doesn't smoke nor drink, is fit and plays football and goes to the gym a lot after his work, has an Austrian psychologist live-in girlfriend for 3 years (they're in a loving and happy relationship and she dresses in western clothing and they travel on holidays to interesting nations together.) Oh, and he has a nice silver mercedes and he frequently likes visiting my original hometown of Bournemouth on the south-coast with his psychologist girlfriend from Austria (they both find it a beautiful place,) and he loves Cornwall too.

I visited the amazing Persian rooms inside the prestigious, fashionable, and extremely popular Victoria & Albert Museum in West London earlier this year with my mother. (There's 4.5 million historic objects d'art inside the very beautiful place.) The artificats and treasures and massive and impressive hand-made rugs, etc, inside the massive Persian rooms were astonishing just how advanced and sophisticated their ancient cultures were. I saw the historic European treasures too and plenty of sculptures and grand table fountains from Renaissance Italy, but they weren't as intricate as the Persian rooms that we saw.

Persian restaurants are also good (I like their aromatic rosewater desserts.)

I know of an Iranian female who is very ladylike and delicate and gentle. She doesn't wear any head covering. She's polite and nice to people and she's lived in the UK for 2 years now. She recently opened her own jewellery store with her Iranian husband in West London. I helped her with her application letter to apply to rent the property for her store. She passed her English exams recently.

Mohammad Al Fayed (from Egypt) has created tens of thousands of jobs for people in the UK, has stated numerous times that he's paid Łmillions in tax contributions, lives in a Scottish castle and now funds the SNP (Scottish Nationalist Party,) following his fall-out with the Queen over the death of his son who was engaged to the late Princess Diana... and he installed the Egyptian escalators, Diana & Dodi fountain, and the large golden Egyptian statues into the grand and luxurious and historic Harrods department store. He also used to fund the Queen's royal horse shows for her and the Duke of Edinburgh, at a large cost each year.

I've even seen wealthy Arab men going into a gay bar I was walking past once in West London and they spoke and dressed like western guys.

Guess who owns these.

I think Roma people were even kicked-out of India. If they don't make any effort to assimilate and work hard, and just expect to steal and leech from others, and constantly play the victim card no matter how much free help they're given, then it's understandable why their behaviour is disliked by so many Europeans.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 06-27-2018 at 03:23 AM.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lek View Post
    They need to abandon their backwards mentality to do that, honestly, begging and collecting trash is what they do instead of being more productive and they even think begging money is some job or something that they were born to do. Its hard to not notice them.
    Half of them dont though. You hate every gypsy though, even mixed ones.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information