PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Have you accepted Jesus as your personal saviour yet? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Have you accepted Jesus as your personal saviour?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! And I made him the Lord of my life!

17 47.22%
  • Yes, in the past, but I have been struggling in my faith lately

1 2.78%
  • No, but I'm considering it...

0 0%
  • No, but I'm a member of my Church, so it's not necessary

1 2.78%
  • No, and I have no intention of doing so

17 47.22%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you accepted Jesus as your personal saviour yet?

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,956
    Given: 45,027

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ModernMaskil View Post
    Not quite yet, I'm planning on it sometime in the next few summers when the weather is good.
    Don't delay... the best time is NOW. You may not be able to do so tomorrow...

How can you mock something so important?
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

Banned
    Last Online
    11-17-2019 @ 08:56 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Elfic
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Italic
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Brittany
    Politics
    Anarco-Fascism
    Hero
    Miguel Serrano
    Religion
    Spiritual-Agnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 263
    Given: 221

1 Not allowed!

I believe in active nihilism like my mentor Nietzsche, Jesus not for me

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,288
    Given: 8,206

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    That's not Jesus' message. If that is what you think the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ is, then you've got it completely wrong!
    I simplified it a bit of course - the key thing in there is that we are inherently sinful and by accepting Jesus, we can be forgiven, but my previous statement probably isn't ultimately wrong. I assume you believe that you can be saved through faith only and that belief is also a sufficient thing to get you to heaven - and there is indeed some biblical evidence behind that. Still, I don't think it's that simple, as there are verses, which suggest that the situation is more like I've described it.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    I simplified it a bit of course - the key thing in there is that we are inherently sinful and by accepting Jesus, we can be forgiven, but my previous statement probably isn't ultimately wrong. I assume you believe that you can be saved through faith only and that belief is also a sufficient thing to get you to heaven - and there is indeed some biblical evidence behind that. Still, I don't think it's that simple, as there are verses, which suggest that the situation is more like I've described it.
    No, your statement is completely wrong. You have been fed incorrect ideas about the Bible!

In fact, the true gospel of Jesus Christ is the opposite of what you described. It is not a set of rules and do's and don'ts. You confuse Christianity with Islam. It is solely the acceptance of Jesus Christ as saviour and redeemer and Lord of your life!!

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Enr1989 View Post
    I believe in active nihilism like my mentor Nietzsche, Jesus not for me
    Nietzsche cannot save you from hell fire, only Jesus can!! So don't say Jesus is not for you-- he is for everyone who wants life instead of eternal torment and punishment.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian, Italian, Polish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,171
    Given: 1,327

2 Not allowed!

The Jesus of the Gospel of St. John is the most Republican Jesus, but to claim he is some hippie-like character in other gospels is completely off. I can't see a hippie preaching a worldview that unless you comply with an extremely strict set of moral laws, you're going to hell. And he didn't approve of that prostitue's behavior, of course.
    First off, applying political labels to the gospel is inappropriate because politics is concerned with this world, while Jesus preached the kingdom of God, which is not of the world (John 18:36). One's eternal destiny is infinitely important than whatever circumstances you may find yourself in in this world.

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (Mark 8:36)

Jesus said to pluck out your right eye, or cut off your right hand, if either caused you to sin (Matthew 5:29-30). Indeed, for those relying on the law to justify them, they are required to keep the whole law (Galatians 5:3-4). However, for those in Christ, we are dead to the law, serving in the Spirit and not the letter of the law (Romans 7:4-6).

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    No, your statement is completely wrong. You have been fed incorrect ideas about the Bible!
    In fact, the true gospel of Jesus Christ is the opposite of what you described. It is not a set of rules and do's and don'ts. You confuse Christianity with Islam. It is solely the acceptance of Jesus Christ as saviour and redeemer and Lord of your life!!
    If so, blame the Catholics for that. That said, I didn't buy their whole doctrine just like that - some of their ideas are indeed unbiblical.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

If so, blame the Catholics for that. That said, I didn't buy their whole doctrine just like that - some of their ideas are indeed unbiblical.
    Okay but you must understand that Jesus is at the centre of the Christian faith, and the Bible says that if you have the Son, you have life. What you need to do is to pursue Jesus with your whole being, get to know him personally and then everything else will begin to make sense. Forget about religious dogmas and such... it's all about Jesus.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian, Italian, Polish
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New Jersey
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,171
    Given: 1,327

2 Not allowed!

There are many verses in the Bible that lend themselves to false doctrine and misinterpretation, especially by those who do not truly follow Jesus. They are like Pharisees: blind leaders of the blind (Matthew 15:14), who worship God in vain by teaching as doctrine the commandments of men (Matthew 15:9). You have to ask God to open your eyes reveal the truth of Scripture to you, as these truths are spiritually discerned (1 Corinthians 2:14).

The pope's title is "vicar of Christ" - the term "vicar" meaning "vicarious" or "in the place of." The interesting thing is the Greek word "anti" also can be used to mean "in the place of." See: https://biblehub.com/str/greek/473.htm and consider just one example of this use:

Matthew 5:38:
    GRK: ἐρρέθη Ὀφθαλμὸν ἀντὶ ὀφθαλμοῦ καὶ
    KJV: An eye for an eye,

The office of the papacy, claiming to be the substitute for Jesus, is antichrist. Jesus even warned that *many* will come in His name claiming to be Him:

"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." (Matthew 24:5)

Also, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12:

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
    6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
    7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
    8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
    9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    There are many verses in the Bible that lend themselves to false doctrine and misinterpretation, especially by those who do not truly follow Jesus. They are like Pharisees: blind leaders of the blind (Matthew 15:14), who worship God in vain by teaching as doctrine the commandments of men (Matthew 15:9).

The pope's title is "vicar of Christ" - the term "vicar" meaning "vicarious" or "in the place of." The interesting thing is the Greek word "anti" also can be used to mean "in the place of." See: https://biblehub.com/str/greek/473.htm and consider just one example of this use:

Matthew 5:38:
    GRK: ἐρρέθη Ὀφθαλμὸν ἀντὶ ὀφθαλμοῦ καὶ
    KJV: An eye for an eye,

The office of the papacy, claiming to be the substitute for Jesus, is antichrist. Jesus even warned that *many* will come in His name claiming to be Him:

"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."

Also, 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12:

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
    6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
    7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
    8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
    9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
    Well, thanks for the effort, but I'm not Catholic anymore, so it doesn't concern me much. I have noticed that there is a lot of anti-catholicist conspiracy among certain protestants even in this day, even though they are the same genuine christians like yourself. As I have said earlier, some of their teachings may not be entirely biblical, but their core beliefs are the same as yours. And for the interpretation of those verses (as if it was clear) - it is easy to find a stick to beat a dog.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information