Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Can See Asian Features in Mexicans; Many Whom are Mostly Native American.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-06-2021 @ 03:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 5,603

0 Not allowed!

Double post

Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    I notice a lot of Asians like claiming Mexicans
    even though there are far more Asian looking Latinos in South America due to their Brazilid/Amazonian/Andid heritage

I never see them claim Guatemalans, Salvadorans, Hondurans, Peruvians, Colombians, Ecuadorians etc
    its always Mexicans, and why? are we considered cooler or something? its weird but funny sometimes
    Mexico has the most interaction with Asia among the Latin American countries.

Asides from Mexico, the only other Latin American country which has anything to do with Asia would be Peru, where they have the largest share of their population having Asian descent and where once in the 1600s, the Viceroyalty of Peru sent colonists and soldiers to the city of Zamboanga in the Philippines, to wage war against the Sultanate of Sulu...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamboanga_City

The rest of the Latin American countries are relatively unknown in Asia. Except maybe for Brazil when it comes to the Japanese since Brazil has the largest group of overseas Japanese.

Although there are indeed alot of Asian looking Latinos in Southern America but that's mainly due to Amerindian descent but whereas there are Asian admixture among Peruvians and Mexicans.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvaq View Post
    Yeah I notice this very weird obsession with Mexicans especially from Asians like Filipinos.

Correct me if I am wrong but is it because Mexicans is the one of the most well known Latin American groups in US and that more Mexicans live more in the West Coast which is where most Asians live so the two groups interact more than other Latinos (except Central Americans?) who live more in the East Coast and much farther away from most Asians?
    You are an utter ignorant. Filipinos jive more with Mexicans because we used to be one territory called the Viceroyalty of New Spain.

Also, the main Archdiocese of the Philippines, the Archdiocese of Manila, used to be a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Mexico before we became independent from Mexican prelates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_...Manila#History

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvaq View Post
    Hmm interesting. I think it is because Americans in general including Asians can be very ignorant and that might be they think anyone who speaks Spanish is Mexican.

Also Asians including Filipinos can be very ignorant about Mexican phenotypes and how Mexicans look and thus try to latch/connect themselves to them despite on average, being phenotypically and genetically very different from the latter.

Another reason could be those such as Filipinos feel inferior or try to find some sort of brown pride racial solidarity with Mexicans lol.
    Nigga, we Filipinos are genetically related to Mexicans, albeit the Mexican ancestry in Filipinos have been diluted through time but we're still related. Around 2% of Filipino DNA is Native American, which was taken from Mexican soldiers posted here in the past.

Here's the source: https://genographic.nationalgeograph...ions-next-gen/

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,206
    Given: 43,748

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Selurong View Post

Asides from Mexico, the only other Latin American country which has anything to do with Asia would be Peru, where they have the largest share of their population having Asian descent and where once in the 1600s, the Viceroyalty of Peru sent colonists and soldiers to the city of Zamboanga in the Philippines, to wage war against the Sultanate of Sulu...

The rest of the Latin American countries are relatively unknown in Asia. Except maybe for Brazil when it comes to the Japanese since Brazil has the largest group of overseas Japanese.

Although there are indeed alot of Asian looking Latinos in Southern America but that's mainly due to Amerindian descent but whereas there are Asian admixture among Peruvians and Mexicans.
    Indeed, Peru had the world's first Japanese-descended President anywhere outside Japan - Alberto Fujimori. Further, Mexico has the most direct flights to Asia of any Latin American country: from Mexico City and Tijuana, there are flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Seoul and Tokyo.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arkas View Post
    30% is way too high, I think Native Americans 94% of time are distinguishable from East or South East Asians. Even though I think most Amerindians look quite Mongoloid, I have yet to see one that wouldn't be a-typical in Asia, even the very "Asian" looking ones still have a very distinct look.

There's also some ethnic groups in North East India and the Himalayas of India and Nepal who can bare a similar ethnic look. I also observed some Central Asians who vaguely have a similar look. Lastly, Siberian phenotypes greatly overlap with phenotypes of Native in far North East America/Canada.
    If you went to Zamboanga City in Mindanao you would find people who can look like Peruvians, likewise, the epicenter of Mexican migration to Manila, Ermita, has alot of Mexican looking people.

There is even a Catholic church nearby which combines Mexican Baroque architecture with Filipino Muslim styles.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malate_Church#Exterior

Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Indo-Brachid + Gracile Indid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,455
    Given: 11,125

1 Not allowed!

Idk to me maybe like 10% or max 15% can pass as filipinos or darker chinese/east asians. the rest of mexicans look very different. Mexicans have quite sharp noses, very caucasoid shifted skulls and features in comparison. Just the eyes sort of give that vibe but rest of their looks are quite different. I'm from a region with high mexican and native population. They in general do not look like east asians.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,646

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Selurong View Post

welcome back Selurong, you have been missed on this forum
    there was a Chines/Filipino beef happening in this forum

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,646

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thambi View Post
    Idk to me maybe like 10% or max 15% can pass as filipinos or darker chinese/east asians. the rest of mexicans look very different. Mexicans have quite sharp noses, very caucasoid shifted skulls and features in comparison. Just the eyes sort of give that vibe but rest of their looks are quite different. I'm from a region with high mexican and native population. They in general do not look like east asians.
    we look more like South Asians

Banned
    Last Online
    02-06-2021 @ 03:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,703
    Given: 5,603

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    we look more like South Asians

Which type of South Asian? What is the % of Mexicans that can overlap with Bengalis and South Indians and Sri Lankans? It is mostly the Pueblid and sometimes Margid type Indomestizos that overlaps?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information