View Poll Results: Yes or no?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 78.13%
  • No

7 21.88%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Do you think extraterrestrials exist?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 09:55 AM
    Country
    Jamaica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,667
    Given: 5,726

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    The universe is huge. It would be impossible to pretend that there is no life (and even intelligent life) in other extra solar planets. Of course they must exist, but very far away.
    The universe is infinite and so is time. Considering how long it takes for intelligent life to form, I don't think it's a given that they must exist at this point in time. It took like 3-4 billion years for us to reach this point in evolution, and that's also by a lot of luck considering how incredibly chaotic the universe is.

Last Online
    01-13-2021 @ 08:33 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Magyar
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian + 1/32 Jewish
    Ancestry
    Balkans, Eastern Europe
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1a1b7
    mtDNA
    H1ax
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Politics
    More plantations
    Hero
    Ras Tafari
    Religion
    Rastafari
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,570
    Given: 25,848

1 Not allowed!

Yes, I believe they exist, such as tiny microorganisms or highly intelligent life forms, to a point that we humans can't even image, and they live in highly developed societies and use incredible tools. But I can't imagine getting in direct contact with them, on a mass level, publicly.

But if humans continue to develop more advanced machines and spaceships, and they eventually manage to leave the solar system (that would be a legendary, huge event), I believe that humans and other extraterrestrial life forms will get into direct contact, in a couple thousand years. If they conquer other solar systems as well and manage to settle down (by huge luck and incredible technology). Most of our life already depends on technology and I don't think it will change in the future.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mostly Euro Latin American
    Ethnicity
    Venezuelan Spanish
    Ancestry
    Mostly Spanish, some Italian, some Amerindian (6-7%), some minor SSA (4-5%)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    J-M267
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Either Alpinized North Atlantid or Brunn
    Politics
    Right Nationalist
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,474
    Given: 36,886

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    The universe is infinite and so is time. Considering how long it takes for intelligent life to form, I don't think it's a given that they must exist at this point in time. It took like 3-4 billion years for us to reach this point in evolution, and that's also by a lot of luck considering how incredibly chaotic the universe is.
    The universe is too huge: Only this galaxy has hundreds of thousand millions of stars (a good portion of them similar to the sun, or red dwarfs with good planetary candidates to being able to get some kind of life evolved). And then, there are millions of millions of other galaxies like the Via Lactea (the galaxy where we live). Even admitting all what you said, there is no way (given the infinitely huge amount of stars and galaxies, each of them with hundreds of thousand millions of stars) that the earth is the only planet in the whole universe harboring life at this right moment.

But since the distances are so huge (the closest start system, Alpha Centauri, is 4 light years away, and each light year is an extremely huge distance for current technology), there is a chance (but you never know) that humans would never find alien forms of life in this generation, in many other generations, or even before they get extinct.
    My Updated 23andme Results (2021)
    My Updated AncestryDNA Results (2022)
    My Global25 Coordinates (2020)
    An Epic Thread about me opened by Profield
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    Just in case anyone was wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by aherne
    You don't pass in Europe. Amerindian admixture is evident (castizo or harnizo)...

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Mexican American
    Ancestry
    Mostly Iberian and Amerindian/ 3% to 2% Scottish Miniscule African
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Nevada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,631
    Given: 3,857

1 Not allowed!

Of course aliens are real even our own government has acknowledged the existence of ufos.
    "The Pentagon on Monday released three unclassified videos showing "unidentified aerial phenomena" in an attempt to "clear up any misconceptions" regarding whether the videos – which have been circulating for years – are real."
    Source
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/3037803001

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 09:55 AM
    Country
    Jamaica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,667
    Given: 5,726

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alnortedelsur View Post
    The universe is too huge: Only this galaxy has hundreds of thousand millions of stars (a good portion of them similar to the sun, or red dwarfs with good planetary candidates to being able to get some kind of life evolved). And then, there are millions of millions of other galaxies like the Via Lactea (the galaxy where we live). Even admitting all what you said, there is no way (given the infinitely huge amount of stars and galaxies, each of them with hundreds of thousand millions of stars) that the earth is the only planet in the whole universe harboring life at this right moment.

B
    ut since the distances are so huge (the closest start system, Alpha Centauri, is 4 light years away, and each light year is an extremely huge distance for current technology), there is a chance (but you never know) that humans would never find alien forms of life in this generation, in many other generations, or even before they get extinct.
    Why not? There aren't that many planets (relatively speaking) with perfect conditions to allow life to form and develop. And if there are planets even better than ours, we can't be certain that those planets for some random reason is synchronised with our development. Just a million years in evolution is massive, and we're talking about a scale that is billions of years long.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kamisama
    Ethnicity
    20% Orcadian, 20% Pacific Ocean mermaid/Laputa, 20% Irish Sun Kamisama, 20% Venetian cosmos Kamisama
    Ancestry
    Kamisama
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Kamisama
    Hero
    神様はじめました
    Religion
    Anime
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,246
    Given: 2,262

0 Not allowed!

Omg yes. I saw this TV show called Alien Worlds and it was so scary that I had to turn it off. It showed like other planets far away from Earth like how the ecosystem is over there and it looks disgusting and scary. It's how it developed due to the conditions on the planet.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread Information