Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: VIETNAMESE american, Bryan Le AKA RiceGum facing backlash over racist, disrespectful content

Last Online
    07-16-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 1,765

1 Not allowed!

Default VIETNAMESE american, Bryan Le AKA RiceGum facing backlash over racist, disrespectful content

YouTuber RiceGum Faces Backlash Over ‘Ignorant’ Hong Kong Travel Video
    https://etcanada.com/news/342831/you...-travel-video/

Asian-American YouTube star RiceGum is facing criticism after posting an “ignorant” video in Hong Kong where he asked local people where he could find “dog meat.”

Bryan Le, who goes by the name RiceGum online, has been accused of disrespecting Chinese people and their culture after the video in question went viral earlier this month.

In the video, titled ‘Why I Left The Clout House (im sorry),’ Le and his friend M2THAK are seen travelling around Hong Kong and bothering passers-by, asking them where they can find “cats” and “dogs” to eat.

“Oh yeah and, like, in China there’s always jokes about, like, Asians eating cats and dogs and, like, I’m in China and I’ve been kind of looking for the past hour, and I haven’t seen a restaurant or anything serving that,” Le said. “I’m confused because, like, I want to try. I’m always open to try new things.”

The video also includes Le asking people “Where the hoes at?” and inappropriately touching strangers’ hands as they ride the escalator. Near the end of the vlog, Le is seen asking a woman selling massage services whether she offers “happy endings.”

Since the video was posted, many commenters, both Chinese and English, have called out RiceGum for his disrespectful behavior, comparing it to Logan Paul’s similarly insulting vlog series in Japan.

“Disrespectful and absolutely ignorant. Have you never travelled to a new country before outside of the US?” one commentor wrote.

“You don’t even know the history and political background of Hong Kong. You just revealed your ignorance here and you are seriously mean and impolite. I bet you dare not do the same in the States,” said another.

After the backlash, Le posted a new video on his YouTube channel, responding to the criticism.

“Chinese people are hating on me right now, and it’s like, I’m Chinese also,” he said. “In the American culture, I watch like black comedians make jokes about black stereotypes.”

“White people make white jokes and hispanic people make hispanic jokes, and I thought because I’m Asian, I was allowed to make these Asian stereotype jokes.”

“Sorry to all the Chinese people, I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful,” he added. “And I want to come back soon, but I’m kind of scared now because the people may hit me and beat me up.”

However, people were unwilling to accept Le’s defense that the inappropriate content was acceptable because he himself is Asian.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-03-2019 @ 12:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    not of European descent
    Country
    Quebec
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,130
    Given: 429

1 Not allowed!

Go spout your hypocritical venom, you soulless chinaman.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Thoughts: RiceGum looks like Buk Lau

This is typical vieto-philo-indo behavior (think of Anthony PV, think of Ironman). They are racist in their hearts but also perpetual victims. Then when they finally get caught out and in trouble, they always claim to be "asian" or "chinese".

Note the bolded parts. No Bryan LE, you are not chinese. You are vietnamese.

And this is the problem with the broad asian category. It is being abused by opportunistic brown southeast asians like filipinos, malays, indonesians who claim to not be asian when they want to avoid discrimination. Yet when trouble comes their way with other races, they suddenly have to become "asian" dragging chinese (always us) into their shit.

When they get any sort of achievement, they just have to make the whole world know that they are viet, filipino, etc. while if a thai gets an achievement for example, austronesians then claim that they are related and thus must share the glory. As I wrote in another forum, they have this mentality "all your problems are your problems, all MY problems are YOUR problems too".

It's not even fair for the other ASEAN/southeast asians like cambodians, laotians, myanmar (who aren't technically SEA) and thais who don't behave in this disgusting way.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    not of European descent
    Country
    Quebec
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Thoughts: RiceGum looks like Buk Lau

This is typical vieto-philo-indo behavior (think of Anthony PV, think of Ironman). They are racist in their hearts but also perpetual victims. Then when they finally get caught out and in trouble, they always claim to be "asian" or "chinese".

Note the bolded parts. No Bryan LE, you are not chinese. You are vietnamese.

And this is the problem with the broad asian category. It is being abused by opportunistic brown southeast asians like filipinos, malays, indonesians who claim to not be asian when they want to avoid discrimination. Yet when trouble comes their way with other races, they suddenly have to become "asian" dragging chinese (always us) into their shit.

When they get any sort of achievement, they just have to make the whole world know that they are viet, filipino, etc. while if a thai gets an achievement for example, austronesians then claim that they are related and thus must share the glory. As I wrote in another forum, they have this mentality "all your problems are your problems, all MY problems are YOUR problems too".

It's not even fair for the other ASEAN/southeast asians like cambodians, laotians, myanmar (who aren't technically SEA) and thais who don't behave in this disgusting way.
    You are a no-lifer with a chip on your shoulder, soulless chinaman.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Default Ironman/AnthonyPv's people getting the global slapdown

Backlash from around the world (cool guys who are not southeast asian).

Eurasian (korean) hero! (so much better than brown vietpinos)

British man educating RiceGum

Another british, he speaks flawless chinese too, much better than the "chinese"(viet actually) RiceGum

Australian guy laying the smackdown (good job mate!)

Hong Kongers response (respect, hot girl out of reach for southeast asians):

Mainland chinese (yes the only good that came out of it, viet-american managed to unite mainlanders and hkers )

So please RiceGum (and people like him), please spare a thought and contemplate/learn from what others are teaching you. They are teaching you how to be proper human beings.

Even a jar of salt has more social awareness than you. Aren't you embarrassed?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    not of European descent
    Country
    Quebec
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Backlash from around the world (cool guys who are not southeast asian).

Eurasian (korean) hero! (so much better than brown vietpinos)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDTeh9SEwLo

British man educating RiceGum
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV_EfoGcdLU

Another british, he speaks flawless chinese too, much better than the "chinese"(viet actually) RiceGum
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v7T2CH8ky8

Australian guy laying the smackdown (good job mate!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9WVYN2LWRU

Hong Kongers response (respect, hot girl out of reach for southeast asians):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaWYKF0_tbc&t=126s

Mainland chinese (yes the only good that came out of it, viet-american managed to unite mainlanders and hkers )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV_EfoGcdLU

So please RiceGum (and people like him), please spare a thought and contemplate/learn from what others are teaching you. They are teaching you how to be proper human beings.

Even a jar of salt has more social awareness than you. Aren't you embarrassed?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK5imOw_1io
    Hon... Poor soulless chinaman seeks the support of foreign devils to disparage his brown neighbors... Poor soulless chinaman reeks of insecurity and is too weak to attack his brown neighbors all alone...

Banned
    Last Online
    01-07-2022 @ 06:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    German English
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    anti corruption
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,540
    Given: 9,189

2 Not allowed!

People get triggered easily.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Sino-Tibetan
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KMack View Post
    People get triggered easily.
    True. Especially viets

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    not of European descent
    Country
    Quebec
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I should kill myself
    Fixed.

Last Online
    04-09-2019 @ 02:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sinid
    Ethnicity
    Han Chinese
    Ancestry
    The Celestial Empire
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    mtDNA
    You can mtDNA this!
    Taxonomy
    Nordsinid/Tungid
    Hero
    Yo momma last night
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28,799
    Given: 25,904

3 Not allowed!

Ricegum is just a typically retarded youtube rapper trash trying to get hits on his channel by being obnoxious. He's pretty much on the same league as the cash me outside girl and Jake Paul, just fucking trash.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information