So, today about the so-called "Dorset" culture. I will try to provide some ideas about the possible history of what happened to the Dorset culture, Inuit, Icelanders and how is all that related to Slavs.

First, Norse Mythology. There are folk tales of people who sailed east to Jötunheimar. Generally Jötunheimar is said to lie "far to the east". And, of course, beings that live in Jötunheimar are nothing else but Jötnar, which are commonly referred to as "frost giants" or "giants".

Then, Inuit legends. They say that, before Inuit came to Canada/Alaska, it was inhabited by giants that were very big and strong, but afraid of foreigners.

That giants probably refer to the Dorset culture. The question is: would Vikings be able to meet them by sailing east?

I would suggest something that may sound hard to believe. That they sailed all around the North Pole. In the mythology, there are mentions that suggest Earth is a sphere, heated from the southern pole and cooled from the north pole. Which would suggest that they explored a lot of the Northern hemisphere, but never made it to the south further than the equinet.

I would even go a bit further and say that Norse "myths" are true stories. Æsir and Vanir are taken as gods due to a translation error, while the parts about being able to "create thunders" or such things, have been added by artists. Maybe there were other myths that haven't been "boosted" by artists like that, and just faded away and didn't make it to the modern times.

In fact, behavior of the gods sometimes seems very "dumb" - for example, the "innovative idea to dress as a woman to fool the King that you are the Queen" would never work in early Middle Ages. I would say, that it is maybe not a myth of some god, but a true story of the real inventor of mask/disguise?

Then, the paleo-vikings sailed east, probably to Syberia or America, and found giants that were really there and the Inuit can confirm. But then... how did the giants get there? Thinking about the most giant-looking people of ancient Eurasia... the Cro Magnon... yes, I mean Vikings! That would explain the common pressence of R Y-haplogroups amongst the native peoples of Americas, or the C1E mtDNA haplogroup in Iceland, which is closest to Native Americans or East Asia, but never found outside Iceland.

So, in short... in AD 1002, Icelanders discovered a shortcut to Jötunheimr and interbreeded with the frost giants. Ok, but what does it have to do with Slavs?

Well, the cultural and genetic similarity between Galicians and Suomi. Not to mention that they even have something in common with what we know as Native American and East Asian - decorative feathers, tendency to complaining and depression, angular face and dark hair... so, Slavs are most likely related to Siberians, makes most sense.

Back to Icelanders, even the traditional Icelandic wrestling seems similar to Japanese sumo... so, what are your thoughts about such theories?