Thread: Sicilian native here

Last Online
    07-28-2020 @ 10:20 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sicilian
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Tuscany, South Italy, North Italy, Sardinia, Aegean, Germanic, Scandinavian, Cyprus
    Country
    Italy
    Y-DNA
    E-L677
    mtDNA
    H2a2
    Hero
    Jon Bon Jovi
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 94

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    Single Population Sharing is basically a list of the top 20 populations, in order, closest to the person. Mixed Population Mode is basically saying "what two ethnicities can this person be modeled as a mixture of".
    Got it. Thank you

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,069
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by donriccardo View Post
    Got it. Thank you
    I think the genetics and phenotypes match in Sicily fairly well. While there are light types throughout the island I'd say, consistent with genetics, Syracusans look the least Middle Eastern on the island.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sicilian
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Tuscany, South Italy, North Italy, Sardinia, Aegean, Germanic, Scandinavian, Cyprus
    Country
    Italy
    Y-DNA
    E-L677
    mtDNA
    H2a2
    Hero
    Jon Bon Jovi
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I think the genetics and phenotypes match in Sicily fairly well. While there are light types throughout the island I'd say, consistent with genetics, Syracusans look the least Middle Eastern on the island.
    Maybe it's true genetically. However across Sicily the physical traits are all varied and mixed. In each family you might find people that look nordic and others look more let's say like middle eastern. Just to give you an example...my dad and his younger brother are blonde type with fair skin while their oldest brother's skin and hair were dark. My nephews from the same parents, one is blonde with very light eyes, his brother has dark skin and black hair. It's almost impossible to distinguish sicilians from different cities. We can only do this with the DNA. I love this forum, let's collect data and study our DNA.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sicilian
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Italy
    Y-DNA
    E-L677
    mtDNA
    H2a2
    Hero
    Jon Bon Jovi
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I remember of something that happened to me a few years ago. I was in the airport in Rome and I saw a very familiar man. I thought he was a well known sicilian photographer from my hometown Caltanissetta. He had 100% his face and physical traits. I was about to approach him and say hello but the man started to speak arabic to another friend there. So I realized he was another person. I never met before someone who had such resemblance to another. They really look alike. This made me reflect about the arabic roots of some sicilians...

Ortho Alpha Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman Orthodox Christian
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,069
    Given: 14,258

0 Not allowed!

Hello guys,

I am new to this forum and I have read a lot of interesting stuff. @sikeliot I see you are very expert about sicilian DNA. I just want to ask for your help in the future to understand more about this stuff, because I am mostly ignorant about haplogroups. I am 100% sicilian, born in Sicily, raised in Sicily but I've been living far away in South East Asia for 15 years. So forgive my english if there could be some mistakes, I am a sicilian native speaker.
    Btw, I have tested my DNA with living DNA company and waiting yet for the results. My parents are both sicilians, I have traced my paternal family tree which goes back to the 1600, I know all of my ancestors in detail since that time and they were all sicilians. They were from the small town of Pietraperzia, today under Enna but before under Caltanissetta. However it seems one ancestor of this family came from the town of Modica (Ragusa) and he moved to Pietraperzia in 1657. From my mother side little is known, I only know her dad was from Agrigento but I can't be really sure about that side of the family because there is a rumour (which I believe it's true) my mom's grandfather was the illegitimate child of a famous politician from Agrigento. So I never tried to investigate about my mom's family tree. I hope I can get soon my DNA results so I can share them with all of you and maybe you could help me to read them.

Thank you
    Buon Giorno e buon venuti!

Tu sei un vero Siciliano?
    The Talmud tells us that the only language the Torah could be translated into elegantly is Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Demons don't scare me.
    Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    They should be scared of me.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,069
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

I remember of something that happened to me a few years ago. I was in the airport in Rome and I saw a very familiar man. I thought he was a well known sicilian photographer from my hometown Caltanissetta. He had 100% his face and physical traits. I was about to approach him and say hello but the man started to speak arabic to another friend there. So I realized he was another person. I never met before someone who had such resemblance to another. They really look alike. This made me reflect about the arabic roots of some sicilians...
    I think that such phenotypes should be more common in Palermo, Agrigento, and Caltanissetta. One side of my father's family is from Messina and the other is from Palermo and they look different. My side from Messina is darker, but has less Near Eastern features.

I would be interested to see your family from Enna if you have photos because most people from Enna I see look like regular Greeks.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sicilian
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Italy
    Y-DNA
    E-L677
    mtDNA
    H2a2
    Hero
    Jon Bon Jovi
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think that such phenotypes should be more common in Palermo, Agrigento, and Caltanissetta. One side of my father's family is from Messina and the other is from Palermo and they look different. My side from Messina is darker, but has less Near Eastern features.

I would be interested to see your family from Enna if you have photos because most people from Enna I see look like regular Greeks.
    Here is one. My paternal grandmother's parents. The man belonged to a very noble and ancient family in Pietraperzia, the woman's family came from Santa Caterina (Caltanissetta).

Screenshot_2018-07-15-10-50-05-1.png

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sicilian
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Italy
    Y-DNA
    E-L677
    mtDNA
    H2a2
    Hero
    Jon Bon Jovi
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Pietraperzia has several people with nordic phenotypes as well. The town has a castle that was once ruled by arabs but after that french normans came and they ruled it for more than 500 years. My paternal family has lived in Pietraperzia for 400 years, even though the marriage record (year 1657) of my earliest ancestor there says he came from the town of Modica (Ragusa). This summer I searched for his birth certificate in Modica but I was not able to find it. I only found one man with same name and family name, same mother's name but different father's name.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Sicilian
    Ethnicity
    European
    Ancestry
    Country
    Italy
    Y-DNA
    E-L677
    mtDNA
    H2a2
    Hero
    Jon Bon Jovi
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cybernautic View Post
    Buon Giorno e buon venuti!

Tu sei un vero Siciliano?
    Si, thank you.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 05:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cuban
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Florida
    Hero
    Tony Montana
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,295
    Given: 26,310

1 Not allowed!

Hello guys,

I am new to this forum and I have read a lot of interesting stuff. @sikeliot I see you are very expert about sicilian DNA. I just want to ask for your help in the future to understand more about this stuff, because I am mostly ignorant about haplogroups. I am 100% sicilian, born in Sicily, raised in Sicily but I've been living far away in South East Asia for 15 years. So forgive my english if there could be some mistakes, I am a sicilian native speaker.
    Btw, I have tested my DNA with living DNA company and waiting yet for the results. My parents are both sicilians, I have traced my paternal family tree which goes back to the 1600, I know all of my ancestors in detail since that time and they were all sicilians. They were from the small town of Pietraperzia, today under Enna but before under Caltanissetta. However it seems one ancestor of this family came from the town of Modica (Ragusa) and he moved to Pietraperzia in 1657. From my mother side little is known, I only know her dad was from Agrigento but I can't be really sure about that side of the family because there is a rumour (which I believe it's true) my mom's grandfather was the illegitimate child of a famous politician from Agrigento. So I never tried to investigate about my mom's family tree. I hope I can get soon my DNA results so I can share them with all of you and maybe you could help me to read them.

Thank you
    Are you from a nightclub?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information