View Poll Results: where could these morphs pass best outside of spain??

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • portugal

17 58.62%
  • france

4 13.79%
  • italy

3 10.34%
  • north africa

5 17.24%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: classify average spanish phenotype

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Epic, Mythical, Mythological and Biblical
    Ethnicity
    Español
    Ancestry
    Andalusia (Spain)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,520
    Given: 4,791

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael Passoni View Post
    I'm 3/8 spaniard. I like Spain and I'm proud be Spaniard descent. But I was shocked when I saw the difference between Morrocan and Andalusian DNA. Even Italians have more North African DNA. I supose Religion differences can explain this. I changed the word "killed" to "expelled" in my post.
    Well, I don't know why you are surprised, but I can tell you that in Spain we already knew; Although the rest of the Spaniards who are not Andalusians have always used it either as a small provocation between regions as a joke, or who knows, I don't know what to think if for even socio-political purposes, the point is that in general in our imagery we modern Spaniards have The Reconquest very much in mind, I don't know what will happen to the new generations who are taught a manipulated and distorted history so that they accept everything and hate their own by rejecting their own history, but it is for current socio-political purposes that modern Europeans must accept everything while the rest of the world does not. So, delighted to have met you, in not too long there will be others.
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-BY7449/
    E-V22 - E-BY7449 - E-BY7566 - E-FT155550
    According to oral family tradition E-FT155550 comes from a deserter of Napoleon's troops (1808-1813) who stayed in Spain and changed his surname.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European, Levantine (Syrian)
    Ethnicity
    West-Eurasian
    Ancestry
    Algeria, Europe and Syria
    Country
    Syria
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a1b1a1a2b or U152 (Christovano Barattini -Suna)
    mtDNA
    me: U1a1a1 (Buza Maggiori-Italy); dad: I1b (Pied-Noir)
    Politics
    Ancap
    Hero
    Jeffrey Sachs
    Relationship Status
    Fatti gli affari tuoi!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,796
    Given: 11,582

0 Not allowed!

They already post a article about this on El País:

https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/06/04...94_049558.html

But we learn at school that South Spain have a great amount of moors, but now I see that it is a lie. I'm part Syrian, so I like arabs.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Español
    Ancestry
    Andalusia (Spain)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

After The Reconquest with all that it entails, expulsions e.t.c. immediately came the Discovery of America and Spain has always looked towards the rest of European countries North Africa did not exist for us and we felt it farther than America on a sensational level until one day relatively recently we received immigration. After the discovery of America who was going to remember the Moors and that was a topic that had been resolved, the Andalusian ports received ships from America with hundreds of new products and Andalusian cities were boiling not forget that in Spain we had already eaten the potato when in France they learned that there was this tuber and publicized it in Europe as if they had just discovered.

We must not forget that European travelers before traveling to other continents gathered in Andalusia or other parts of Spain and when they saw the 3 monuments from the Muslim era that we have left standing they began to fantasize and in their writings back to their countries in central Europe and northern Europe because they related the monuments of the Islamic era with which there still lived the descendants of the Moorish, all these non-scientific stories were read by Europeans and perhaps formed a romantic idea as well as wrong.

Someone from the University of Barcelona did a study on this subject and so there were romantic travelers from the rest of Europe who saw Arab vestiges in every corner of the city of Barcelona or that the peasants from Almeria dressed the same as those from the Maghreb, Also during the French occupation an officer wrote that in Cordoba women were covered and in reality this was the Cordovan house where the women of the family stayed covered and possibly did so in order not to show themselves to the French if they were young women not because in Cordoba the women wore Burka on the date of Napoleon's occupation in Spain.

So for us that topic is historical and it is like talking about Hobbits 0% identification and The Alhambra is our war trophy not a building of our ancestors sees the difference? well I am sorry but that is the way it is.
    According to oral family tradition E-FT155550 comes from a deserter of Napoleon's troops (1808-1813) who stayed in Spain and changed his surname.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

1 Not allowed!

Can anyone explain this contrast? Spaniards expelled all your foreign neighbors during the Reconquest?
    Most of the Muslims were just Iberians converted to Islam, that is why.

I'm 3/8 spaniard. I like Spain and I'm proud be Spaniard descent. But I was shocked when I saw the difference between Morrocan and Andalusian DNA. Even Italians have more North African DNA. I supose Religion differences can explain this. I changed the word "killed" to "expelled" in my post.
    Add their Middle Eastern dna and will understand why many people dont consider Italians as white...

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    12-17-2023 @ 12:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    lol
    Ethnicity
    lol
    Ancestry
    lol
    Country
    Mongolia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,234
    Given: 978

1 Not allowed!

Italians have more Levant farmer DNA while Spanish have IBM which the Italians lack, but it's not much and probably came from the copper age.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    West-Eurasian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Syria
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    Politics
    Ancap
    Hero
    Jeffrey Sachs
    Relationship Status
    Fatti gli affari tuoi!
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

"We must not forget that European travelers before traveling to other continents gathered in Andalusia or other parts of Spain" Interesting, this explains why my Andalusian great-great-grandmother was part Scottish. I never undestood what a Scottish did in Andalusia.

"that the peasants from Almeria dressed the same as those from the Maghreb": OMG, it's a lie! My great-grandmother was a Roman Catholic woman and she had nothing to do with moors. I think she never even heard about then. It's absurd!

I think almost all Moroccans, Algerians and Tunisians are caucasians too, like as some Lebaneses and Syrians. Lots of them were Phoenicians, Romans, Carthaginians and sons of the crusaders (Europeans). My Syrian Christian great-grandfather carry Homes surname, which is an european last name.
    Last edited by Rafael Passoni; 11-22-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    West-Eurasian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Syria
    Y-DNA
    mtDNA
    Politics
    Ancap
    Hero
    Jeffrey Sachs
    Relationship Status
    Fatti gli affari tuoi!
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

What is IBM, I don't know ha ha ha

Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 08:11 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Sicilian Italian, with distant Lebanese, Syrian and French ancestry
    Ancestry
    Mediterranean Basin
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Sicily
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    Anatolid/Dinarid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,642
    Given: 1,559

0 Not allowed!

Left Italy, right France

Last Online
    Today @ 06:43 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Raver
    Ethnicity
    New World
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    ^*
    Politics
    Unconventional
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 937
    Given: 339

0 Not allowed!

Iberia
    peace^*

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Español
    Ancestry
    Andalusia (Spain)
    Country
    Spain
    Y-DNA
    E-BY7449-E-BY7566
    mtDNA
    J1c5c1
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I never undestood what a Scottish did in Andalusia
    Andalusia is in Europe, what are you trying to give a super exoticized Andalusia as if it were in another continent and also do it from Brazil?

María Manuela Kirkpatrick de Closeburn y de Grévignée, condesa consorte de Montijo, (Málaga, 24 de febrero de 1794

She was born in Malaga (Andalusia) on February 24, 1794. She was the daughter of Guillermo Kirkpatrick y Wilson (1764-1837): a Scottish nobleman who as a young man had been exiled in Spain because of his Catholicism and his Jacobite allegiance, and of María Francisca de Grévignée y Gallegos from Málaga, familiarly called Fanny, of Walloon origin and also a noblewoman.

JONH CROOKE RIGBY" born April 7, 1733, in (Pontefract- YOSKSHIRE), ENGLAND, and died in Malaga in 1803 at the age of 70 years, and that he married "ANTONIA FRANCISCA SANCHEZ BARRIGA Y CARO" and had 5 children.

Some of their descendants

THE LORING

The surname "Loring" is a surname originating in the French Lorraine, from there it went to England and then to America and finally one of its branches returned to Spain to spread throughout the peninsula.

LWESTENDORP

Eduard Peter westendorp -mochy was a young Dutchman, who was born in 1861 and belonged to a wealthy family, with business of all kinds, there is even a very old city that bears his surname. Our adventurer had a brother named "Karl westendorp mochy", who ran the family business. Eduard Peter was a diplomat and was assigned to our city thinking that someday he would return to his native Holland, but he fell in love with two things; the place and a young woman named "Maria de la cruz Ulloa", who was the youngest of 5 brothers and came from Montilla and from a wealthy family.

KUSTNER

The Malagueños with this surname descend from the German wine merchant Jorge Küstner.

It was dedicated to trade products from the German colonies in East Africa to Central Europe. On this trade route, the port of Malaga was a port of call.

FAZIOS

I do not know if at the present time, there will be in Malaga someone with this surname that has its origin in "ITALY". The first data on this surname in our city is found in 1854, when they decided to make a pantheon in the "CEMENTERIO SAN MIGUEL", although personally I believe that they had already been some years in our city, perhaps attracted by business, it seems that the first one who came to our city was a certain "NICOLA FAZIO", then appears data of a grandson called "Juan Fazio Cardenas", who married "Doña Julia Perez de Camino Latorre", THE MARRIAGE HAD 5 children.

BRYAN
    The members of this family were linked to other illustrious families of Malaga such as "LIVERMORE"HAFNER" " PEREZ - MONTAUT" ALARCON " KRAUEL

CAFFARENAS

The first of this saga to set foot in Malaga was "José Rafael Caffarena Ambroggio", born in 1825, goldsmith who was hired in our city by his fellow countryman and silversmith, Francisco Lombardo, who had his workshop in the mid-nineteenth century in Nueva Street. José Rafael Caffarena married the daughter of his boss, Cristina Lombardo Fagilhot, born in Malaga in 1832. This marriage had eight children, five boys and three girls, one of whom died at birth; the first born of them was Ángel Caffarena Lombardo (v).
    José Rafael Caffarena died in 1901, and a few months later his wife Cristina Lombardo.

SWERTS

The "swerts" came to our city from "BELGIUM", and in the beginning they were dedicated to the breeding of cows and sheep, in the farm that they acquired in the area of Suarez, which was called "FINCA DE TEJARERO".

and a long etcetera.........

A brief sample and only from Malaga. Well, you can see what can be done in Andalusia.

And above all, remember that Andalusia is Europe Brasil no
    Last edited by Gallop; 08-20-2022 at 03:45 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information