Banned
    Last Online
    01-19-2024 @ 01:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    DN8, Carlito's Way, The Lawspeaker, Toppo900, Teutone and KuriousKatKommittee!
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,721
    Given: 6,335

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way
    ___
    Hey Carlito, mi amigo my ka-barcada (Barcada is boat-load in Spanish but in Filipino, it means team-mate). You're a fighter, what do you think of Arnis de Mano/Kali/Escrima? The Martial arts developed in the presidios of the Philippines in wars against Moros here?

It's a combination of Spanish, Mexican, Filipino martial arts that was formed in the centuries of wars here in Las Islas Filipinas.

The Turks seem to like it though lol.

I think Escrima isn't only found in the Philippines though, I think Mexico has it's own version too.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    The largest BBC in the TA but you can't suck it because I made a vow of celibacy. Chastity is sexy!
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Repentant of my former man-whoreness. But you like it if naughty?! Ooh let me spank you my sinner!
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Here's the story of another crusader, this time of Diego López de Miranda. His career is pre-eminent since he fought Moors on both sides of the Spanish Empire, he fought against the Moros of the Sultanate of Morocco in Africa and also against the Moros of the Sultanate of Maguindanao in Southeast Asia.

Diego López de Miranda

In 1617 Diego López de Miranda crossed the Pacific from New Spain to fight in the wars against the Dutch. An honoured soldier with an illustrious career spanning more than fifteen years and three continents, he had served as a military officer in Hispaniola, as captain of a ship in the armada off the coast of Africa, as an alférez in New Spain responsible for recruiting soldiers for the Philippines, and as captain of infantry in Puerta de Navidad, before finally enlisting to serve on the other side of the Pacific. 32 Once in the Philippines, he was quickly promoted and in 1620 he served as corporal of an aid ship sent to the Moluccas. Unfortunately, his ship was seized by Dutch corsairs and he was taken prisoner and held captive for three and a half years before finally escaping on board a tiny boat. As he sailed across the Celebes Sea towards the Philippines, his ship was attacked by Moro raiders and his arm was broken during the ensuing skirmish. He was left floating at sea for the next eight days. Undeterred by his travails, when he finally returned to Manila, López de Miranda signed up for the next armada that set sail in pursuit of the Dutch. 33 In recognition of his loyalty and services to the Crown, he became captain of artillery in Panama in 1632. 34

https://academic.oup.com/past/article/232/1/87/1752419

Banned
    Last Online
    03-03-2019 @ 12:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    not of European descent
    Country
    Quebec
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,130
    Given: 429

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
    This thread is dedicated to Latinos who were basically Crusaders in Asia as they spread the Catholic faith here mostly against Eastern religions such as Islam or Buddhism.
    They spread Catholicism against Buddhism? FUCK 'EM!

Hey Carlito, mi amigo my ka-barcada (Barcada is boat-load in Spanish but in Filipino, it means team-mate). You're a fighter, what do you think of Arnis de Mano/Kali/Escrima? The Martial arts developed in the presidios of the Philippines in wars against Moros here?
    He's not a fighter and neither are you...

The Turks seem to like it though lol.

Why don't you show that vid to the Turkish users?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Hey dudes...

Quote Originally Posted by Xacal
    ______
    Quote Originally Posted by Iloko
    ______
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiano viejo
    ______
    Quote Originally Posted by CryoLava201819
    ______
    Do you have versions of Kali/Escrima in your side of the pond?

Last Online
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Andean highlander
    Country
    Bolivia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,331
    Given: 2,699

0 Not allowed!

Do you have Latino ancestry? How much?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony PV View Post
    They spread Catholicism against Buddhism? FUCK 'EM!

He's not a fighter and neither are you...
    Yes, it happened. Christian Latins fought with Buddhist Japanese pirates in the Cagayan battles. The Japanese got destroyed big time.

Japanese sword martial arts are overblown, an Escrima master can demolish them anytime. (I am biased though since I learned Escrima, but ultimately it's just up to the person involved)

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Do you have Latino ancestry? How much?
    Honestly I have no clue, I haven't tested myself genetically. I just assume I have Latino descent since our city was founded by Mexicans. But I'm not really sure.

Genetic studies of ordinary Filipinos reveal residual Native American ancestry though.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    not of European descent
    Country
    Quebec
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Yes, it happened. Christian Latins fought with Buddhist Japanese pirates in the Cagayan battles. The Japanese got destroyed big time.
    Because the Japanese pirates committed their acts of piracy in the name of Buddha, of course...

Japanese sword martial arts are overblown, an Escrima master can demolish them anytime. (I am biased though since I learned Escrima, but ultimately it's just up to the person involved)
    PWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! You really don't know SHIT about fighting, don't you?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Visayan (Filipino)
    Country
    Philippines
    Y-DNA
    Politics
    Righteous
    Hero
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony PV View Post
    Because the Japanese pirates committed their acts of piracy in the name of Buddha, of course...

PWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! You really don't know SHIT about fighting, don't you?
    Well what I do know about Buddhism is that in India, the original Buddhists there were swept away by the Sultanate of Delhi. There are Buddhists in China though and they are skilled martial artists, especially the Shaolin Monks. But the Buddhists there were helpless when the Islamic horde encroached upon the Silk road and converted all those former Buddhist lands into Turkic Islamic ones. In contrast, Christian Spain where Escrima traces part of it's descent, fought back and won against Islam, it's also the same case in Sicily and in Hungary and in the Philippines.

Latin martial arts at least was far more effective against Islam and in conquering the world than Buddhist martial arts though. That's a fact.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    not of European descent
    Country
    Quebec
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well what I do know about Buddhism is that in India, the original Buddhists there were swept away by the Sultanate of Delhi. There are Buddhists in China though and they are skilled martial artists, especially the Shaolin Monks. But the Buddhists there were helpless when the Islamic horde encroached upon the Silk road and converted all those former Buddhist lands into Turkic Islamic ones. In contrast, Christian Spain where Escrima traces part of it's descent, fought back and won against Islam, it's also the same case in Sicily and in Hungary and in the Philippines.
    Maybe it has more to do with the fact that Buddhism is a pacifistic and non-violent religion while Abrahamic religions aren't...

Latin martial arts at least was far more effective against Islam and in conquering the world than Buddhist martial arts though. That's a fact.
    You really know SHIT about fighting... Continue to suck Hispanic penises if that can make you feel any better...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information