View Poll Results: Are Slavophone Greeks, Macedonian Bulgarians and ethnic Macedonians the same people?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are the same

16 59.26%
  • No, they’re different

11 40.74%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Slavophone Greeks=Macedono-Bulgarians=ethnic Macedonians

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,625

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    lol, I am West Ukrainian both culturally and genetically. then I understand your frustration - you Balkan Slavs are less Slavic genetically even than Romanians or Moldovans, so I am not surprised by your identity issues. all in all Macedonians are Bulgarians, the same as Croats and Bosniaks are Serbian or Cypriotes are Greek
    You are not east Slavic genetically but typical north Romanian that cluster with Serbs.
    Not to mention your Wog Balkan phenotype.

Romanians are more Slavic than us in your fantasy, especially after i have visited Transylvania where They look more like Greeks than like Slavs i can imagine how Wallachia looks like than

Vlach wannabe.

. . .
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,440
    Given: 31,606

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    You are not east Slavic genetically but typical north Romanian that cluster with Serbs.
    Not to mention your Wog Balkan phenotype.

Romanians are more Slavic than us in your fantasy, especially after i have visited Transylvania where They look more like Greeks than like Slavs i can imagine how Wallachia looks like than

Vlach wannabe.
    nope, I cluster father to the north compared to Balkanics, closest are Hungarians and Croats but still more to the South than me, and next populations always go towards Central Europe and not towards Balkans, like I get closer to Germans than to say Bulgarians, and I had posted my Oracles and all many times.

but then I am pro-Bulgarian so it is no problem to me, I just find it so funny the way some Balkanites, like Croats, so desperately try to pass as something else, and how Croats struggle to be considered Central Euro or anyway not Balkanic, which is what they are, lol. I don't care about what you saw in Romania, I am not Romanian, settle this with your co-Balkan Romanian bros

anyway, I think your views are an exception and that normal average Croats are pretty much ok with being Balkanic. like those Nordicist Italians on the forums, in no way are they relevant for the sun-loving normal Italians

enjoy your co-ethnic Yugoslavs from Bosnia

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    nope, I cluster father to the north compared to Balkanics, closest are Hungarians and Croats but still more to the South than me, and next populations always go towards Central Europe and not towards Balkans, like I get closer to Germans than to say Bulgarians, and I had posted my Oracles and all many times.

but then I am pro-Bulgarian so it is no problem to me, I just find it so funny the way some Balkanites, like Croats, so desperately try to pass as something else, and how Croats struggle to be considered Central Euro or anyway not Balkanic, which is what they are, lol. I don't care about what you saw in Romania, I am not Romanian, settle this with your co-Balkan Romanian bros

anyway, I think your views are an exception and that normal average Croats are pretty much ok with being Balkanic. like those Nordicist Italians on the forums, in no way are they relevant for the sun-loving normal Italians

enjoy your co-ethnic Yugoslavs from Bosnia

I don't care about Balkans, your people are not similar to mine.

And you are more Southern shifted than me, i saw your results when you post Full Oracle unless hiding it or fixing your results to fit your wishes.

From my understanding you are some Romanian Slavic mix with typical Balkan Ydna that is actually more Southern shifted than Full blooded Moldavians with no recent Slavic roots.

In my opinion you are ashamed to live in Romania for some reason and Try to associate with East Slavs as much as possible, which is another negative trait, making you a traitor.

Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 11:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic + Native Anatolian & some Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish(50% Central Anatolian + 25% Chepni + 18.75% Meskhetian) + distant Kurdish(6.25%)
    Ancestry
    Central Asia(Oghuz w some Kipchak) & Anatolia(mostly Hittite) with distant Zagrosia
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Oghuz Khagan
    mtDNA
    Empress Ashina
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid + Turanid
    Politics
    Kemalism, Patriotism & anti-Oppaism
    Hero
    1. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk 2. Empress Ashina 3. Alper Gezeravcı 4. Verona Petrova
    Religion
    Islam
    Relationship Status
    Married to a haplo O in the parallel universe
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,797
    Given: 2,465

1 Not allowed!

Yes. They're the same people. Also aren't Slavs in Greece Pomaks(Muslim Bulgarians)?

Btw I read that Russians are 3/4 Slav and 1/4 Uralic or Turkic, even Autosomal DNA proves it(especially Mongoloid admixture). Also Bulgarians are only 1/4 Slavic and rest are Thracian, Vlach and Turkic.

To me, the purest Slavs are Belarussians, Northern Ukrainians. In Balkan, they're Slovenians, Croats and Bosnians. Because they look like Northern Slavs more than other Southern Slavs
    Ask Sora: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...-Sora-anything

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Maul
    Good observation Sheikh

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ComplicatedMystery View Post
    Yes. They're the same people. Also aren't Slavs in Greece Pomaks(Muslim Bulgarians)?

Btw I read that Russians are 3/4 Slav and 1/4 Uralic or Turkic, even Autosomal DNA proves it(especially Mongoloid admixture). Also Bulgarians are only 1/4 Slavic and rest are Thracian, Vlach and Turkic.

To me, the purest Slavs are Belarussians, Northern Ukrainians. In Balkan, they're Slovenians, Croats and Bosnians.
    Bulgarians and Macedonians are more than quater Slavic. They are 40 percent Northeastern European.

But Slavic is not genetic but ethno-linguisitc cathegory.

Russians have no Turkic admix by the Way, Uralic yes but in Southern and central Russia it is very minor to absent.

To answer the topic title, They are only genetically one people, in Identity and history They are not. I value later more than former.

Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 11:41 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic + Native Anatolian & some Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish(50% Central Anatolian + 25% Chepni + 18.75% Meskhetian) + distant Kurdish(6.25%)
    Ancestry
    Central Asia(Oghuz w some Kipchak) & Anatolia(mostly Hittite) with distant Zagrosia
    Country
    Turkey
    Y-DNA
    Oghuz Khagan
    mtDNA
    Empress Ashina
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Pontid + Turanid
    Politics
    Kemalism, Patriotism & anti-Oppaism
    Hero
    1. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk 2. Empress Ashina 3. Alper Gezeravcı 4. Verona Petrova
    Religion
    Islam
    Relationship Status
    Married to a haplo O in the parallel universe
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,797
    Given: 2,465

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina
    Bulgarians and Macedonians are more than quater Slavic. They are 40 percent Northeastern European.

Russians have no Turkic admix by the Way, Uralic yes but in Southern and central Russia it is very minor to absent.
    Thank you for making my mistakes right. Also I didn't know many of that you said. But if many people speaks languages from the same language family, then there should be a common ancestors (except assimilation)

Also I read that Russians have some Turkic admixture from somewhere
    Ask Sora: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...-Sora-anything

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Maul
    Good observation Sheikh

Banned
    Last Online
    09-03-2018 @ 10:21 PM
    Ethnicity
    Earthling
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 44

0 Not allowed!

Once I was going, with my father, to visit some Hungarian friends of him living in Vojvodina. While we were crossing the numerous villages, he told me something like that: "Look at those nice looking Catholic churches... Serbs are retarded, if they've made the decision to become Catholic, nowadays they would've been far wealthier...who happened to be the most successful ? Catholics or Orthodox? Look at that...".

I was speechless.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Thank you for making my mistakes right. Also I didn't know many of that you said. But if many people speaks languages from the same language family, then there should be a common ancestors (except assimilation)

Also I read that Russians have some Turkic admixture from somewhere
    Russian Cossacks may have some Turkic admix but i am not sure most are typical Slavs with Terek Cossacks having Caucasus admixture.

But i think ethnic Russians with one grandparent like Tatar or Chuvash who are Turkic are not rare in 21st century, people mixed and assimilated

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2024 @ 09:25 PM
    South land of the Holy Spirit (Australia)
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Saint Paul, Saint Peter, Saint John, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Justin Martyr
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,437
    Given: 5,645

2 Not allowed!

The ones in present day Greek Thrace are Pomaks or Bulgarian Muslims. Move west and you find Slavophone people in Northern Greece who are Christians. My family originate from Northern Greece for example.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-16-2024 @ 09:25 PM
    South land of the Holy Spirit (Australia)
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian Slav
    Ancestry
    Lerin and Bitola region
    Country
    Australia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    mtDNA
    U4c1
    Hero
    Jesus Christ, Saint Paul, Saint Peter, Saint John, Ignatius of Antioch, Polycarp, Justin Martyr
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,437
    Given: 5,645

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    I'd have to say we are much lower North Eastern shifted that that. Well Macedonians anyway. Unless there's something other then gedmatch and 23andme that can change my mind. Proud to be Balkan and Southern anyway.

Yeah, linguistic for sure.

To answer the topic title, They are only genetically one people, in Identity and history They are not. I value later more than former.
    Spot on genetically. Nothing distinguishes us genetically across the entire region of Macedonia which we may be from.

Culturally we have the same customs, traditions, music and songs even to this day. For example, we have the same wedding celebrations.

Historically, the Slavic speaking Macedonians have been divided from eachother since 1912 and 1913 when Macedonia was dived after the fall of the Ottoman empire. But until then, Slavic Macedonians of the whole region fought together to establish a autonomous Macedonia.

"Nezavisma Makedonia" (Independent Macedonia)

"za nea nie se borime. za nea nie umirame" (for her we fight. for her we die.)

So historically we shared common goals as a collective Macedonian Slavic entity. But I agree that today we share different identities. Greek, Bulgarian and Macedonian. Depending on which side of the border we ended up after the division of Macedonia.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information