View Poll Results: If you HAD to choose, would you rather your country lose its language or its race?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Language

34 57.63%
  • Race

16 27.12%
  • Both in equal measure

9 15.25%
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: If you HAD to choose, would you rather your country lose its language or its race?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Athlete
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58
    mtDNA
    J1c1
    Politics
    Would not call myself pro-semitic
    Hero
    Jozef Tiso
    Religion
    Catholic Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,902
    Given: 16,902

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Arsen_ View Post
    Well we have different historical background that's why the language is not that important to you and it's a treasure for me, which is more precious than anything in the material world.

My ancestors fought and died to preserve our language, for many centuries and millennia, being like in small islands and enclaves, surrounded by the sea of the wildest tribes of this Earth, wildest nomadic tribes who were extreme and ultimate enemies of any culture and civilization.
    Brah I like you and Armenians alot

But gotta agree with Bender, it looks like you apply the avatar movie plot on Armenia hahaha

Last Online
    11-11-2020 @ 02:39 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,047
    Given: 1,137

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Sorry, not expert of your history. Can you explain this very shortly?

Anyway ... I feel it bit strange that someone would fight againts ''wildest tribes of Earth'' just because of language. More like I could name quite many other reasons. Lands, resources, families, independences etc.
    Okay, I'll give you just one example, imagine that some savage and wild tribe will invade Finland and tell you to stop using and to forget your native language, saying that seven pronounced Finnish (or in your case Swedish) words are equal to cursing Allah.

Will you be happy about that and not ready to fight against them?

Bender1999

3 Not allowed!

Okay, I'll give you just one example, imagine that some savage and wild tribe will invade Finland and tell you to stop using and to forget your native language, saying that seven pronounced Finnish (or in your case Swedish) words are equal to cursing Allah.

Armenians lived for thousand years peacefully with Muslims, what 100 years ago happened was sad for both sides. But don’t act here like you were the last hope for humanity which was threaten by „wild tribes“. Btw, Armenians and their non Armenian neighbors share a lot of cultural similarities, like Anatolian and Azerbaijani Turks,Georgians, Iranians, Kurds, Assyrians etc. If there were „wild tribes“ you were one of them...

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

0 Not allowed!

I see the main word in your text: invade (occur you, becoming your masters) ... opposite the lost of language is just one possible outcome among of many.

Fight against invaders? That is very normal/natural (''source of motivation'').

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    I see the main word in your text: invade (occur you, becoming your masters) ... opposite the lost of language is just one possible outcome among of many.
    No, you do not quite understand the situation correctly. This is not like how the Russian Empire took over Finland, this is something completely different. Countless hordes of savages take over your country and you are faced a choice: you betray your faith, give up your language and you become one of them. But you don't want to become one of them.

Bender1999

0 Not allowed!

No, you do not quite understand the situation correctly. This is not like how the Russian Empire took over Finland, this is something completely different. Countless hordes of savages take over your country and you are faced a choice: you betray your faith, give up your language and you become one of them. But you don't want to become one of them.

Do you know that early Armenian also came with hordes and „Armenified“ a lot of people?
    Your posts are really imaginative, the beautiful, fantastic, good Atlantis like Armenia and the evil, savage others all around it...

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

0 Not allowed!

Is that situation still valid there? How long time (now)? Are you separists or something?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Ethnicity
    Armenian
    Country
    Russia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bender1999 View Post
    Do you know that early Armenian also came with hordes and „Armenified“ a lot of people?
    Your posts are really imaginative, the beautiful, fantastic, good Atlantis like Armenia and the evil, savage others all around it...
    You know, I have never heard that any of Armenians ever commanded his compatriots and descendants to destroy all the cities and towns of our planet, wipe out from the face of earth all traces of civilization and culture, and turn the whole world into one big pasture for nomads.

Bender1999

0 Not allowed!

You know, I have never heard that any of Armenians ever commanded his compatriots and descendants to destroy all the cities and towns of our planet, wipe out from the face of earth all traces of civilization and culture, and turn the whole world into one big pasture for nomads.
    Not that again ....

Banned
    Last Online
    08-23-2020 @ 12:14 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    German
    Ancestry
    Germans
    Country
    Germany
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    Hero
    Harald Bluetooth
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 33

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Now defunct French poster Rudel apparently said that he'd rather France became predominantly Black but still French-speaking than remain predominantly White but no longer French-speaking. How do you feel about this?
    When it comes to "losing race but retaining its language" there are many alternative options, not just becoming Black. For example:

1) France becomes populated predominantly by Chinese/Asian immigrants, who learn French language.

2) France becomes populated predominantly by Scandinavian immigrants, who learn French language.

3) France becomes populated predominantly by Christian MENA immigrants who learn French language.

Etc., etc.

Would French users for example accept the replacement of French people by German immigrants, if these Germans learned French?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread Information