Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do some Indians claim that a lot of Indians and Turks look no different?

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,940
    Given: 7,468

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dystopiansc View Post
    I've never heard of any Punjabis wanting to associate with Afghans, much less Persians or Ay-rabs.

Pakistanis and Indic Muslims are a different story but that's only 'cause of religion.
    Here are some examples of Hindu/Christian/Sikh Punjabis LARPing as Pashtun:

https://tribune.com.pk/story/538810/...dus-and-sikhs/

The author in the above story even admits that they speak Punjabi as their mother tongue and acknowledges that their grandparents migrated from Punjab, but still tries to pathetically claim his people as Pashtuns.

Here's another example of Sikhs doing that:

“We are Pashtuns, our forefathers and our next generations all will remain wedded to Pashtunwali. Even our relatives who’ve migrated to Delhi take pride in being called Pashtun Sikhs, and many others who’ve kept Pashto alive in faraway lands. It’s a matter of pride for them when they tell others where they’ve come from. The Pashtun aura has a mystical charm to it,” said a beaming Sardar Rajan Singh.
    He even states that his people engage in this nonsense because being non-Indic (in this case Pashtun) has a "mystical charm to it".

Here is an example of a Hindu doing the same:

https://yourstory.com/2018/01/filmma...indu-pashtuns/

An entire tribe in North India claims to be a subgroup of a Pashtun tribe (Ghilzai) lmao:

mylohana.com/page/lohana-history

The user truthbetold already gave several examples of Hindus doing it. I just gave examples of specifically Punjabis/Sindhis doing it. And usually, whenever I bring up the examples above to North Indians and Pakis, then the North Indians and Pakis get really defensive of them rather than denying these people are self-haters. You're right its most common among Muslims, but its a widespread cancer in that part of the world generally speaking.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-11-2018 @ 08:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 39

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    Here are some examples of Hindu/Christian/Sikh Punjabis LARPing as Pashtun:

https://tribune.com.pk/story/538810/...dus-and-sikhs/

The author in the above story even admits that they speak Punjabi as their mother tongue and acknowledges that their grandparents migrated from Punjab, but still tries to pathetically claim his people as Pashtuns.

Here's another example of Sikhs doing that:

He even states that his people engage in this nonsense because being non-Indic (in this case Pashtun) has a "mystical charm to it".

Here is an example of a Hindu doing the same:

https://yourstory.com/2018/01/filmma...indu-pashtuns/

An entire tribe in North India claims to be a subgroup of a Pashtun tribe (Ghilzai) lmao:

mylohana.com/page/lohana-history

The user truthbetold already gave several examples of Hindus doing it. I just gave examples of specifically Punjabis/Sindhis doing it. And usually, whenever I bring up the examples above to North Indians and Pakis, then the North Indians and Pakis get really defensive of them rather than denying these people are self-haters. You're right its most common among Muslims, but its a widespread cancer in that part of the world generally speaking.
    Okay well that's hilarious, these are obviously fringe Punjabis and Pakis who spend too much time on online forums and anthroforums.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-11-2018 @ 08:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 39

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Truthbetold View Post

These aren't representative of mainstream Indians. They're fringe Punjabis and Pakistanis who spend too much time online.

Indians have better stuff to write about. Like textbooks on engineering, programming, and research papers on theoretical computer science.

Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Indo-Brachid + Gracile Indid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,456
    Given: 11,125

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    I feel sorry for South Indians to always get grouped in together with North Indians in situations like these. 99% of the South Asians making these OWD claims are North Indians (especially Muslims) and Pakis, yet South Indians always get lumped in with them.
    Online yeah a bunch of folks make OWD assertions on how much they are closer to this group and they do that to make themselves seem that much better. But in real life not at all honestly.

Most indians, both northern and southern, are quite prideful in their Indian ancestry. Many acknowledge that west asians and pakistanis are very beautiful. There's almost a fetish for pakistani girls in India. Every indian video on youtube titled "what they think about pakistan" there are a bunch of horny dudes in the video and comments section that start talking about pakistani women and similarly with indian women talking about pakistani men. But they understand that these two countries are very different and they do not try to make relations with them or claim they are the same people or they look the same or anything.

Similarly most indians in real life would just compliment west asians, latinos, euros, etc. They're not trying to make relations with them and claim that they are the same or anything as such.

Its just online you see some people with OWD trying to make assertions that west asians, arabs, euros and indians are related with some random statements that come outta their asses seriously. I've also seen indians claiming south east asians like thais, cambodians, east africans, etc so its not just exclusive obsession towards west asians or something.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-06-2021 @ 03:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Levantine
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    J2
    mtDNA
    U3
    Taxonomy
    Taurid
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29,829
    Given: 24,541

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thambi View Post
    Online yeah a bunch of folks make OWD assertions on how much they are closer to this group do they are that much better. But in real life not at all honestly.

Most indians, both northern and southern, are quite prideful in their Indian ancestry. Many acknowledge that west asians and pakistanis are very beautiful. There's almost a fetish for pakistani girls in India. Every indian video on youtube titled "what they think about pakistan" there are a bunch of horny dudes in the video and comments section that start talking about pakistani women and similarly with indian women talking about pakistani men. But they understand that these two countries are very different and they do not try to make relations with them or claim they are the same people or they look the same or anything.

Similarly most indians in real life would just compliment west asians, latinos, euros, etc. They're not trying to make relations with them and claim that they are the same or anything as such.

Its just online you see some people with OWD trying to make assertions that west asians, arabs, euros and indians are related with some random statements that come outta their asses seriously. I've also seen indians claiming south east asians like thais, cambodians, east africans, etc so its not just exclusive obsession towards west asians or something.
    Pretty much, and we have like a lot of Indians here for me to confirm it.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-02-2018 @ 02:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Azerbaijan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 89

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dystopiansc View Post
    These aren't representative of mainstream Indians. They're fringe Punjabis and Pakistanis who spend too much time online.

Indians have better stuff to write about. Like textbooks on engineering, programming, and research papers on theoretical computer science.
    And obsessing about turks and other unrelated peoples to the west

Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 02:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mesopotamian
    Ethnicity
    Middle Eastern
    Ancestry
    Levant,Arabia,Balkan,Spanish Jewish, berber
    Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Y-DNA
    R
    mtDNA
    T1a
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 433
    Given: 1,048

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    Indians, Turks, Gypsies, Latinos and North Africans look the same for the eye of an European.
    Your funny do you think that Indians look alike with turks or any west asian group!!!!!
    I am kurd and most European that saw me thought that I am Bosnian or Ukrainian some said Russian as well LOL!!!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wigger
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Staffordshire
    Taxonomy
    Irano-Med
    Politics
    Fair and Lovely
    Hero
    Brendan Schaub
    Religion
    Joey Diaz
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,121
    Given: 1,214

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mashail View Post
    Your funny do you think that Indians look alike with turks or any west asian group!!!!!
    I am kurd and most European that saw me thought that I am Bosnian or Ukrainian some said Russian as well LOL!!!
    LEL

Banned
    Last Online
    12-02-2018 @ 02:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Azerbaijan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 89

2 Not allowed!

"just a few deluded indians br0...not representative at all...we are all busy becoming engineers, doctors, etc. Rly just a few...nothing special "

Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Indo-Brachid + Gracile Indid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,456
    Given: 11,125

0 Not allowed!

Hadouken out of all people I didn't think you would decline to a stage to use a sock account to troll indians.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread Information