Religion
    Heišinn: Warrior Caste--> Goši Path
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default What is your Work-out Routine?

Mine is as follows (Everything is in English pounds - please request conversion if you are too lazy to do it yourself):

Every-other-day: weight training

1,) Legs: Slow squats. 1st set, slow and controled, 145 lbs. warm-up of 30 repetitions.
    A.) 2nd set: 205 lbs. - 20 repetitions.
    B.) 3rd set: 315 lbs. - 15 repetitions.
    C.) Working set: 405 lbs. - 8 - 10 repetitions plus the "stripping" method: I.e, plates are 'stripped-off' at 45 lb. increments in continuous succession until complete "muscle failure" is achieved: I.e. I would colapse absent the assistant of 'spotter'.;

2.) Chest/Obliques/Seratus
    A.) Warm-up to get blood flowing into the desired musculature; and, to stretch problematic rotator cuffs @ 145 lbs.: 30 repetitions.
    B.) 2nd set @ 225-235 lbs. for 15 - 20 repetitions.
    C.) 3rd, and working set at 405 lbs. for as many as I am able to perform with perfect form; immediately dropping to flys with 45 lbs. for as many as I am able to complete until muscle failure; dropping, in sequence, to 15 lbs. to - again - complete muscle failure.

3.) Back
    A.) Pull-ups (wide grip): as many as i am able to do, 1:00 minute rest, and the process is repeated 5 times.
    B.) Rows: I begin with 45 lbs., and work my way to a working set of 120 lbs. for 5 - 8 repetitions; and, again work my way back down in weight (via the "stripping method" to 25 - 35 lbs. to the point of complete muscle failure.

***Given that my weight training is targeted towards close-quarters combat, I do not isolate my trapesious, bicepts, tricepts, or calves given that my body composition of these particular muscle groups are very much "slow-twitch" fibres. I.e., slow to tire, and already not only exercised by my weight training, but further fortified by the second aspect of my physical training; which is as folllows:

3 times per week, I make the two hour trek to the MMA centre of which I am part owner. Therein, I spar with some the wolds most elite warriors (and often get my ass handed to me .) However, I am always (cardivascularly, and philosophically) better for having made the trek.

What, if anything, do you do to train yourself - both for health, and for the worst case scenario that lies just over the event horizon...?

As an aside, it's okay to admit that you rely on others to defend you .
    Often, in our attempts to show people that they do not know what they believe they do, it is exposed that they lack any identity whatsoever - beyond the belief that they know anything at all.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    07-25-2011 @ 10:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94

0 Not allowed!

The Army puts quite a cramp in my having a regular workout routine, since they constantly require me to all kinds of BS exercise that tires me, but doesn't really achieve what I'm still working on. Also, I'm still getting back into the swing of things since my wrist surgery in November.
    I usually divide my week kind of like this:

1). Arms:
    Dumbell curls
    Preacher curls
    Concentration curls
    Seated tricept press (with a bar)
    Rope pulldowns
    French press
    Arnold press
    Lateral raises
    Behind the had presses

2). Legs:
    Squats
    Lunges
    Calf raises
    Hamstring curls
    Leg extensions

3). Chest and Back:
    Bench press
    Incline & decline press
    Dumbell flys
    Pullups
    Lat pulls
    Cable rows
    Dumbell rows
    Dumbell shrugs

For weight, I'll usually start out light with the first set, doing 12 reps. The second is moderately heavier, still doing 12. Sets 3-5 are full weight and end up being between 10 and 5 reps.

I run sometimes, but I really hate it. My preferred method of cardio is to strap on my IBA (bulletproof vest) and ruck sack and hike the perimeter of my neighborhood, which takes about an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by SuuT View Post
    Given that my weight training is targeted towards close-quarters combat, I do not isolate my trapesious, bicepts, tricepts, or calves given that my body composition of these particular muscle groups are very much "slow-twitch" fibres. I.e., slow to tire, and already not only exercised by my weight training, but further fortified by the second aspect of my physical training; which is as folllows:
    This is odd. When I was strictly a striker, back in my Kung Fu days, I never isolated my biceps since I didn't really need them for much. One I started learning BJJ though, I realized how advantageous it was to be able to keep someone close to you in your guard so I started training them.

Last Online
    07-08-2012 @ 11:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ethnicity
    European Blood, American Soil
    Ancestry
    Barbarians the Romans couldn't handle
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Philadelphia
    Politics
    Tradition and improvisation
    Religion
    Heathen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

For warmup, I walk to the bar. I do several sets of pint-glass curls. Depending on my workout partners, I might do some front-delt raises, which could lead to a vigorous workout with an improvised punching bag.

Gone fishing with Lutiferre SuuT's Avatar
    Last Online
    06-07-2010 @ 07:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian Beachbilly
    Ancestry
    Scandinavian
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Nordicised Faelid
    Politics
    MeritAristocracy
    Religion
    Heišinn: Warrior Caste--> Goši Path
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    This is odd. When I was strictly a striker, back in my Kung Fu days, I never isolated my biceps since I didn't really need them for much. One I started learning BJJ though, I realized how advantageous it was to be able to keep someone close to you in your guard so I started training them.
    I didn't particularise the description of my routine enough, I rekon. Even though I do no targeted/isolated weight training for biceps, they are signifigantly woked in the wide-grip pull-ups which I perform very slowly (5 second count up, isolating the traps, rhomboids, rear dealts, biceps, etc.; 3 second hold/squeeze/contraction; and 5 seconds to return to starting position). Also the rows that I do are dumb-bell rows: there is no way to do a working set with a 120 lb. dumb-bell and not use the bicep.

My weight training is targeted to explosive power and endurance; ergo, I concentrate on whole body exercises (I also do Dead-lifts, clean-and-jerks, isometrics, calisthenics, run, etc., but didn't want to belabour the post).

Despite not doing targeted weight training for them, my biceps are thoroughly trained. Indeed my triceps are very nearly cartoonishly big, especially for never training them in an isolated weight training fashion.

Jitz training, in itself, also strengthens the biceps (and forearms); especially when working from the underside of a mount for an hour straight.
    Often, in our attempts to show people that they do not know what they believe they do, it is exposed that they lack any identity whatsoever - beyond the belief that they know anything at all.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    07-25-2011 @ 10:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone
    Ethnicity
    Gone
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 94

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SuuT View Post
    Jitz training, in itself, also strengthens the biceps (and forearms); especially when working from the underside of a mount for an hour straight.
    Now that is certainly true. Nothing quite gives me a forearm workout like spending time on my back with a strong opponent. When I was doing my BJJ certification for the Army, we were rolling for eight hours a day, and I tell you what, come the second day, I thought my biceps and forearms were going to fall off.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-15-2009 @ 07:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Scot/Italian
    Ancestry
    Scotland and Italy
    Country
    Australia
    Politics
    Hard Rightwing
    Religion
    C of E
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

Belly dancing 4 times a week for and hour each time.

Last Online
    11-28-2018 @ 02:19 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NW Europe
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Blue Collar
    Religion
    agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

0 Not allowed!

Elliptical machine, rowing machine, twisting crunches, hanging crunches, and dumbbell cleans. I am experimenting with some hammer, uneven weight exercises. I may add some stiff leg deadlifts.

Full routine would include push ups, chin ups, and light squats, but I am not doing them right now. Usually there would be some form of dead lift also.

Last Online
    02-11-2013 @ 01:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English, Frisian, Frankish
    Ancestry
    England and the Netherlands
    Country
    England
    Region
    Mercia
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Cynical
    Religion
    Old
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

0 Not allowed!

Holy... you're a strong guy SuuT. Very impressive. You lift 'bodybuilder' quantities of weight.

I train three times a week. Always switching the routine up but currently it's legs and shoulders on Monday; Chest and triceps on Wednesday; Back and biceps on Friday - with a bit of abdominals thrown in on any of the days I feel like it.

I definitely believe in focussing on large compound moves, though my arms are my weak point so I like to give them some 'alone time'. I barely use machines, sometimes use cables for isolated movements, but mostly it's squats, deadlifts, bench press, t-bar rows, military press, dumbell raises etc.

Unfortunately, I injured my right knee about a year ago so my leg lifts imparticular have suffered. I used to squat about 300lbs but now my knee can only handle around 220lbs. I rest as little as possible to keep the heart-rate high. I've stopped trying to make gains in size. I don't want to be any bigger - just leaner and fitter.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-21-2010 @ 01:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    100% swedish, 0% German, 0% Russian, 0% Turk, 0% Ape
    Ethnicity
    Göte
    Region
    Goetaland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

0 Not allowed!

Umm I used to have a work out routine but It's been quite some time since I did work out so none at the moment
    Will start to exercise again in a couple of weeks. starting from scratch (yet again) with bench squats and dead lifts primarily some chins and bicep curls and all that jazz

puttin' in yer windies Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-03-2013 @ 04:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Windie fister
    Ethnicity
    rabble derble derk dable
    Ancestry
    somethin'
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32

0 Not allowed!

My workout has changed since my injuries, used to do alot of powerlifting when I was playing football and throwing shotput and discus, I was also supposed to participate in an ameteur "Highland Games" but my injuries hindered my workouts and eligibility, as well as my acceptance to the U.S. military forces.

My workout now consists of largely self defense routines, tons of situps usually weighted(I hold 20kg weights when I do my situps), and stance work to build stamina and regain stamina in my injured areas(ankles and knees). My old weight lifting workouts are no longer applicable until I restrengthen my ankles and knees, and upper body workouts will forever pose an issue since I pulverized my left arm, I had it splintered from the inside out when I recovered a fumble in football, it basically formed to the shap of the ball when the team piled on my arm and the ball.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information