Taxonomy
    Bot
    Politics
    Based
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,160
    Given: 893

1 Not allowed!

North Africans obviously are of caucasoid type. And probably were even more so back then, before the Arab slave trade. LEFTARD movie makers choose an part afram/part maori actor to play Achilles. They are out of touch with reality.

Last Online
    07-29-2021 @ 02:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    son of Noah
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 8

0 Not allowed!

Whenever something reaches completion, it has nowhere to go but down.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:32 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oghuz Turkic and Medes Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,398
    Given: 2,653

2 Not allowed!

He was most probably dinaro med type North African. Kinda like this North African man.

Last Online
    03-05-2024 @ 12:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    White European
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Ethnopluralism
    Hero
    Harold Godwinson
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 193

1 Not allowed!

To sum up, it's likely that Hannibal was a Phoenician with Berber admixture. That doesn't mean we can exclude he had some SSA blood, as likely trans-Saharian trade routes existed already at that time, and probably there were SSA slaves, mercenaries and traders in ancient Carthage. I don't know how likely it is that SSA people would have married into the Carthaginian elites, but I guess it's not impossible. However I think we can exclude that he looked like a full-blood Negroid. As for Achilles, he was not even a Trojan, he was a Greek and the Iliad describes him as fair. The most likely candidate for a SSA was Memnon, as he was described as Ethiopian. However, since Ethiopia at the time was a broad geographical term, it doesn't necessarily mean he was full SSA either, but that's certainly possible, and he was depicted as such in some classical art, for instance in a Greek vase from the VI century BC and in a Roman bust.

I don't understand why some people think that challenging unfounded claims from Afro-centrists equates to hate Black people. Some White Nationalists also make baseless claims, for instance that the Taj Mahal was made by the Indoeuropean ancestors of the Indians. BS is BS, wherever it comes from, and it should be challenged.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-30-2020 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Moorish
    Country
    Morocco
    Taxonomy
    Transmed+Berberid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Hero
    Me
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,362
    Given: 5,351

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Pill View Post
    To sum up, it's likely that Hannibal was a Phoenician with Berber admixture. That doesn't mean we can exclude he had some SSA blood, as likely trans-Saharian trade routes existed already at that time, and probably there were SSA slaves, mercenaries and traders in ancient Carthage. I don't know how likely it is that SSA people would have married into the Carthaginian elites, but I guess it's not impossible. However I think we can exclude that he looked like a full-blood Negroid. As for Achilles, he was not even a Trojan, he was a Greek and the Iliad describes him as fair. The most likely candidate for a SSA was Memnon, as he was described as Ethiopian. However, since Ethiopia at the time was a broad geographical term, it doesn't necessarily mean he was full SSA either, but that's certainly possible, and he was depicted as such in some classical art, for instance in a Greek vase from the VI century BC and in a Roman bust.

I don't understand why some people think that challenging unfounded claims from Afro-centrists equates to hate Black people. Some White Nationalists also make baseless claims, for instance that the Taj Mahal was made by the Indoeuropean ancestors of the Indians. BS is BS, wherever it comes from, and it should be challenged.
    I disagree as I said before there is more chance that he was mainly berber with some phoenician admixture in him or even without phoenician admixture. He was born 550 years after the foundation of carthage and Carthage became indepedent during the 6th century BCE ( so no more settlers) and even when the city was founded they were surrounded by berber tribes. Moreover weddings between berbers and carthaginians were common even among the elite for example the wedding between syphax and sophonisba or naravas and Salammbô also the inhabitants of carthage were mainly punicized NAs. I'm pretty sure the difference between berbers and punics at that time was more cultural than genetic like today with arabized berbers and berbers. Also black people were extremely rare in carthage (some of them were used as mercenaries) and there is no record of black people being somewhat powerful there and the massive trans-saharan slave trade started way later west africa was quite isolated from NA.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,720
    Given: 25,836

0 Not allowed!

More negroid than arab I'd say.

Last Online
    03-05-2024 @ 12:08 AM
    Ethnicity
    White European
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    Ethnopluralism
    Hero
    Harold Godwinson
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 373
    Given: 193

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nassbean View Post
    I disagree as I said before there is more chance that he was mainly berber with some phoenician admixture in him or even without phoenician admixture. He was born 550 years after the foundation of carthage and Carthage became indepedent during the 6th century BCE ( so no more settlers) and even when the city was founded they were surrounded by berber tribes. Moreover weddings between berbers and carthaginians were common even among the elite for example the wedding between syphax and sophonisba or naravas and Salammbô also the inhabitants of carthage were mainly punicized NAs. I'm pretty sure the difference between berbers and punics at that time was more cultural than genetic like today with arabized berbers and berbers. Also black people were extremely rare in carthage (some of them were used as mercenaries) and there is no record of black people being somewhat powerful there and the massive trans-saharan slave trade started way later west africa was quite isolated from NA.
    It's certainly possible that he was mainly Berber, but don't you think that the elites would have preserved a higher proportion of the original Phoenician 'blood' compared to the general population?

Banned
    Last Online
    09-30-2020 @ 02:20 AM
    Ethnicity
    Moorish
    Country
    Morocco
    Taxonomy
    Transmed+Berberid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Hero
    Me
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,362
    Given: 5,351

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Pill View Post
    It's certainly possible that he was mainly Berber, but don't you think that the elites would have preserved a higher proportion of the original Phoenician 'blood' compared to the general population?
    Not really because they were not endogamous like the ptolemaic dynasty in egypt and hannibal himself got married to an iberian woman also when you look at the "phoenician" impact in modern north africa ...it's non-existent

Last Online
    10-29-2020 @ 09:14 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Berberid
    Ethnicity
    Med
    Country
    Morocco
    Hero
    Massinissa, Jugurtha, Hannibal
    Religion
    Berber paganism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wadaad View Post
    Hannibal was not...but the leader of the Almoravids Yusuf ibn Tashfin, was

Both Hannibal and the Almoravids certainly had sub saharan regiments in their armies.
    Is there any sources for black soldiers used by Carthage ?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information