Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KURULTAJ: 2018 augusztus 10-12, Hun-Turkic Gathering!!!

Last Online
    04-06-2024 @ 06:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Avar (3/4) Crimean Tatar (1/4)
    Ancestry
    Northern Caucasia
    Country
    Finland
    mtDNA
    H13a
    Taxonomy
    north pontid with proto-nordid elements
    Hero
    Ataturk, Shamil the Avar, Robin Cook, Bertrand Russel
    Religion
    Tengrism
    Relationship Status
    engaged to N1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 639
    Given: 1,142

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
    The Avars were Turkic in origin and thus by definition predominantly mongoloid. The early Avars who attacted Byzantium in the 6th and 7th centuries still showed strong East Asian traits.
    If you claim this, you need to show me evidence, words are not enough. Apparently you are confusing Avars with the Juan Juan (Rouran) who were defined as mongoloid like the Sien-pi and went back to Korea and China following their defeat by the Gokturk lead by Mukan Kagan. However, the Avar we are talking here are White Huns (Ak Hun) who took over the name Avar after leaving northern India-western Turkstan for northern Caucasia and settled there for a while, constituting the main core of the Avars surviving today. Their phenotype is always given as white with light hair and eyes in all historical records

Here you can see their depiction in 9th century and they do not have mongoloid traits. I took the photos myself in Nemzeti Museum in Budapest:

20180814_152901.jpg
    20180814_152852.jpg

However in their khaganate they soon established in Pannonia they were a minority comapred to the Slavs and thus they gradually became more and more europid by appearance.
    This is not true, Slavs were the vassals of Avars whom they brought to serve from northern forests and thus they changed the ethnical structure of eastern Europe. They raided and ruled the vast land from Balkans till Germany, so they were by no means minority. Their relations with Slavs were more complex than what you wrote; all the historians like Taşağıl, Bury and Grafenauer says that Avars were always superior to Slavs although they were occasionally revolting against them. One thing is unquestionable; Avars brought military order, political and state organization system to Slavs. What caused them vanish in Europe was not only the attacks by Bulgars and Franks but also turning christianity

I am not going to argue about the Turkic ancestry of Hungarians with you but you know that your claim is historically, linguistically and genetically not correct
    Last edited by Nanushka; 08-28-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Last Online
    04-21-2020 @ 08:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Tatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 46

0 Not allowed!

So you are writing about your ancestors, that is cool.

It is true that some Turkic peoples lived in panonian basin, so they may have some connections with Hungarians despite their uralic origin. Otherwise why would they host an event like Kurultaj there?

. . .
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    J2a1b3 (J-Z467)
    mtDNA
    H14b
    Politics
    Noam Chomsky
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,431
    Given: 31,588

1 Not allowed!

this is my favourite thread in all the Apricity. thank you. will the Kurultai be next year too? I would come with my family. Hajrá Turán!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-08-2024 @ 05:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,351
    Given: 4,487

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aśvārohī View Post
    this is my favourite thread in all the Apricity. thank you. will the Kurultai be next year too? I would come with my family. Hajrá Turán!

I dont believe we've talked. No need to thank me; we do not forget our family or time on the steppes. This is held annually in Hungary. The events are different, but many return from previous years as well. It grows larger each year with several hundreds of thousands attending from Turkic nations as well as those who are visiting to learn or experience the culture.

What makes this your favorite thread?

. . .
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:02 AM
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    J2a1b3 (J-Z467)
    mtDNA
    H14b
    Politics
    Noam Chomsky
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,431
    Given: 31,588

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Turul Karom View Post
    I dont believe we've talked. No need to thank me; we do not forget our family or time on the steppes. This is held annually in Hungary. The events are different, but many return from previous years as well. It grows larger each year with several hundreds of thousands attending from Turkic nations as well as those who are visiting to learn or experience the culture.

What makes this your favorite thread?
    I am former member Eskimo. I score a bit of Turkic and Mongolic genes if you remember (~6% combined).

Last Online
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Uralo-German
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,179
    Given: 9,810

3 Not allowed!

"Here you can see their depiction in 9th century and they do not have mongoloid traits. "

Avars were mongoloids:

Last Online
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Barbarian
    Ancestry
    Uralo-German
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,179
    Given: 9,810

2 Not allowed!

The Avars were Turkic in origin and thus by definition predominantly mongoloid. The early Avars who attacted Byzantium in the 6th and 7th centuries still showed strong East Asian traits. However in their khaganate they soon established in Pannonia they were a minority comapred to the Slavs and thus they gradually became more and more europid by appearance. Anyway, the Franks and Bulgarians dissolved their state and it he 9th century the Avar identity completely disappeared. When the Magyars invaded the basin that territory was under Slavic control, in other words there is no continuity between them and the turkic Avars. And today's Hungarians have very very little to do with Arpad's ugric hordes. Hungarians cluster closely with Austrians and Croats, they have less ugric ancestry than you Turks have Siberian and East Asian.

They have no historical, lignuistical, nor genetical ties to any Turkic nation. It's complete megalomaniac nonsense brought on by a pseudohistorical belief that Attila and the Huns were predecesors to todays Hungarians/Magyars just because they held the same territory.
    You are 100% right but székelys have real hun ancestry.

Last Online
    04-06-2024 @ 06:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Avar (3/4) Crimean Tatar (1/4)
    Ancestry
    Northern Caucasia
    Country
    Finland
    mtDNA
    H13a
    Taxonomy
    north pontid with proto-nordid elements
    Hero
    Ataturk, Shamil the Avar, Robin Cook, Bertrand Russel
    Religion
    Tengrism
    Relationship Status
    engaged to N1c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 639
    Given: 1,142

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kis_Kócos View Post
    "Here you can see their depiction in 9th century and they do not have mongoloid traits. "

Avars were mongoloids:

Having nordic traits make you Nordic? Do you not identify as Hungarian? It is the same with Avars. I dont deny the fact that they had some mongoloid elements, no, on the contrary, even today we Avars may have some central asian features. My grandmother's eyes were significantly slanted although she had blue eyes. We all come from the same mother land, Eurasia - Central Asia, so having some mongoloid genes is inevitable. Also, have you seen the photos that I took at the National museum about Avars, peoples looks cannot change drastically in 100-200 years. Making inferences looking only at the phenotype is just inadequate and nonsense

Banned
    Last Online
    09-03-2020 @ 07:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    siberian in exile
    Ethnicity
    ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Hungarian nationalism and the strong reference to Arpad and Uralic Magyar origins developed in the 19th century, especially in Protestant Hungarian scholars circles.
    Those bright, educated, idealist Hungarians who got their baptisms in Reformed Churches were the very people who built the Pan-Turkist, Uralian ideology of the Hungarian state and forced the Catholic Habsburg Administration to recognize the Hungarian crown as a separate, non-germanic one. Unlike Catholic Hungarians, being a group who has traditionally always sided with the Habsburgs party.

Uralic roots are important for Protestant Hungarians since it was a freedom ticket from the Habsburg Yoke, a means to prove that Hungarian nation has non-Catholic origins and existed prior to year 1000.

Those bright, Reformed Hungarians are people very much appreciated in countries like Turkey too since they brought a non-Catholic, a non-hateful approach to the history and historiography of the Turks and Magyars.

However, it looks like those reformed Hungarians are now an endangered specie in Hungary.
    BBC World reported that in Orban's Catholic Conservative Hungary, Protestants are being converted into Catholicism...
    That is alarming news.

What's at stake is the Turanist gains of the past two centuries and a risk of disappearing for the Magyar distinct identity.

Catholics are like Islamists.
    They don't accept nations based on race or ethno.
    They want to be Ummah and slave to the Pope, through submission to germanic Habsburg monarchs.
    Those Catholics do not admit that the Hungarian state got its right to exist and sovereignty through a Mandate of Heaven, unlike Protestants who do accept that. For Catholics, all Mandate of heavens are concentrated in Vatican and they view their Pope as sole holder of Mandate of Heaven, granted directly from Jesus himself. Catholics have faith in that, they believe it. Consequently, those people might well think that there is no need for a separate Hungarian state, and that Vienna can be appointed as capital again.

Magyars face extinction risk ahead a serious ideological, spiritual onslaught from Vatican and Austro-Bavaria.
    Last edited by kundur; 08-24-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information