Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: What does the average Swede Score?

  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    East Slavic, Germanic, Indo-Aryan
    Country
    European Union
    Gender
    Posts
    271
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 76/3
    Given: 7/1

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Lol, why. Even the most Northern Russian is never 20% Mongoloid unless a person is ethnically mixed and simply identifies as whatever they feel like. What kind of question is that? And since when are Finland Finns majority "Uralic" racially (if there is such a thing as a "Uralic race")? They are 5-10% East Eurasian only.
    By Uralic I mean with descent from Uralic people, be they Finns, Sami, Samoyeds or whatever.

    Edit: Obviously Sami and Finns are different but ancestry from both should be noticeable given genetic drift.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ...
    Ethnicity
    ...
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Politics
    None
    Gender
    Posts
    698
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 251/0
    Given: 62/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SharpFork View Post
    Is it fair or correct to say that modern Swedes for the Svealand are about 20% Uralic?
    Not all Swedes from Svealand have Finnish ancestry.

    From Tierp, Norberg and Vingåker in eastern Svealand:

    Spoiler!


    Stockholm, Värmland and Uppland:

    Spoiler!


    Uppland:

    Spoiler!


    Gästrikland, Medelpad (actually part of northern Sweden or Norrland):

    Spoiler!


    Västmanland (a little detected):

    Spoiler!


    Västmanland and Närke:

    Spoiler!


    I have posted some Värmland and Dalarna examples with Finnish input already.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    East Slavic, Germanic, Indo-Aryan
    Country
    European Union
    Gender
    Posts
    271
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 76/3
    Given: 7/1

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    Not all Swedes from Svealand have Finnish ancestry.

    From Tierp, Norberg and Vingåker in eastern Svealand:

    Spoiler!


    Stockholm, Värmland and Uppland:

    Spoiler!


    Uppland:

    Spoiler!


    Gästrikland, Medelpad (actually part of northern Sweden or Norrland):

    Spoiler!


    Västmanland (a little detected):

    Spoiler!


    Västmanland and Närke:

    Spoiler!


    I have posted some Värmland and Dalarna examples with Finnish input already.
    How is it possible for any Swedes from Svealand to not have Finnish or Sami ancestry? I'm not talking about recent ancestry, but really since the iron age at least, even if we just included only the last 800 years or so it's virtually impossible for Finnish ancestry to not have spread throughout the Swedish population if there was not massive endogamy.

  4. #34
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    East Slavic
    Country
    Brunei
    Y-DNA
    R-M198
    Gender
    Posts
    16,199
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10,202/269
    Given: 6,468/346

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    @SharpFork, I find some of your questions pretty autistic. Like when I sent you a message about Russians which wasn't exactly short but it was still not enough for you, lol.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:03 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    East Slavic, Germanic, Indo-Aryan
    Country
    European Union
    Gender
    Posts
    271
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 76/3
    Given: 7/1

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    @SharpFork, I find some of your questions pretty autistic. Like when I sent you a message about Russians which wasn't exactly short but it was still not enough for you, lol.
    That's the point of being this forum, no? I feel like if you don't ask questions you kinda miss the point.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ...
    Ethnicity
    ...
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Politics
    None
    Gender
    Posts
    698
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 251/0
    Given: 62/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SharpFork View Post
    How is it possible for any Swedes from Svealand to not have Finnish or Sami ancestry? I'm not talking about recent ancestry, but really since the iron age at least, even if we just included only the last 800 years or so it's virtually impossible for Finnish ancestry to not have spread throughout the Swedish population if there was not massive endogamy.
    Swedes from Svealand definitely do have Finnish admixture, but not everyone do like I said. It seems to be less common in the cities and the historical bourgeoisie than in the rural areas. Some Uppland tests so far do not show much Finnish, despite that Rurik came from there and was N1c. Although I have not seen that many tests and cannot make conclusions until I have, I guess. It would be possible that German immigration could potentially have overrun the Finnish input and made it negligible. Loads of Germans immigrated to Sweden in the Middle Ages.
    Last edited by Östsvensk; 11-25-2019 at 09:29 AM.

  7. #37
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    East Slavic
    Country
    Brunei
    Y-DNA
    R-M198
    Gender
    Posts
    16,199
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10,202/269
    Given: 6,468/346

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Östsvensk View Post
    Swedes from Svealand definitely do have Finnish admixture, but not everyone do like I said. It seems to be less common in the cities and the historical bourgeoisie than in the rural areas. Some Uppland tests so far do not show much Finnish, despite that Rurik came from there and was N1c. Although I have not seen that many tests and cannot make conclusions until I have, I guess. It would be possible that German immigration could potentially have overrun the Finnish input and made it negligible. Loads of Germans immigrated to Sweden in the Middle Ages.
    Have you tried using K36? It has the Fennoscandian component, I wonder what the Swedish range would be.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    ...
    Ethnicity
    ...
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Politics
    None
    Gender
    Posts
    698
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 251/0
    Given: 62/0

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Have you tried using K36? It has the Fennoscandian component, I wonder what the Swedish range would be.
    They average at about 25% on the Fennoscandian component, compared to South Swedes who get around 15%. Finns get as much as 80% and half Finns around 40%.

    Finn (I don't know if he is West Finn or East Finn, but likely the latter):

    Spoiler!


    Half Finnish and half Swedish (might be Svealand Swedish):

    Spoiler!


    Swedish/Finnish from Ostrobothnia, unclear if he meant Finland-Swede from Ostrobothnia or half ethnic Finn from Ostrobothnia:

    Spoiler!


    Uppsala:

    Spoiler!


    Swede from Dalarna and Norway:

    K13:

    Spoiler!


    K36:

    Spoiler!


    Svealand:

    K13:

    Spoiler!


    K36:

    Spoiler!


    Götaland (your green area on the map):

    Spoiler!


    Spoiler!


    Spoiler!

  9. #39
    🐸 nittionia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    🦄
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Posts
    4,317
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5,514/20
    Given: 2,371/0

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Here's my cousin's K36 for anyone interested:
    Population
    Amerindian 0.57 Pct
    Arabian -
    Armenian -
    Basque 1.40 Pct
    Central_African -
    Central_Euro 2.96 Pct
    East_African -
    East_Asian -
    East_Balkan 2.70 Pct
    East_Central_Asian -
    East_Central_Euro 10.25 Pct
    East_Med -
    Eastern_Euro 8.11 Pct
    Fennoscandian 25.25 Pct
    French 5.94 Pct
    Iberian 4.93 Pct

    Indo-Chinese -
    Italian 1.93 Pct
    Malayan -
    Near_Eastern -
    North_African -
    North_Atlantic 15.28 Pct
    North_Caucasian -
    North_Sea 18.96 Pct
    Northeast_African -
    Oceanian -
    Omotic -
    Pygmy -
    Siberian 0.31 Pct
    South_Asian -
    South_Central_Asian -
    South_Chinese -
    Volga-Ural 1.40 Pct
    West_African -
    West_Caucasian -
    West_Med -


  10. #40
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    East Slavic
    Country
    Brunei
    Y-DNA
    R-M198
    Gender
    Posts
    16,199
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10,202/269
    Given: 6,468/346

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    @Östsvensk
    Thank you, very informative. 80% Fennoscandian is just mind-blowing!
    My mother scores only 24%, haha

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-22-2019, 07:53 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2018, 10:46 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-18-2018, 07:27 PM
  4. Calling a Swede a Swede
    By The Lawspeaker in forum Race and Society
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-10-2014, 07:13 AM
  5. Classify Swede
    By Artek in forum Taxonomy
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 06:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •