Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Bosnian Serb Mehmet Sokolovic (Ottoman Grandvizier): Crypto Orthodox?

Banned
    Last Online
    12-08-2018 @ 06:13 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,722
    Given: 1,300

0 Not allowed!

Default Bosnian Serb Mehmet Sokolovic (Ottoman Grandvizier): Crypto Orthodox?

Bajica Sokolovic was born into a Serbian Orthodox family in Bosnia in 1506. Despite his family's opposition, he was taken as Devshirme by the Ottomans in 1516. Devshirme was the Ottoman system to hijack children of Christian Balkan families and brainwash them to make serve the Ottoman state.

Bajica was renamed Mehmet. He never forgot his roots while raising in the ranks of the state system.

Just like anyone can do, he simply claimed to have converted to Islam. It was good for his career.
    Converting to Islam is the easiest thing to do, you simply profess that you believe in God and Muhammad as his prophet.... Just that. We don't know if he was for real or not.

In 1541 he became chamberlain. His good deeds brought him even higher positions.
    In 1555, he was declared as grand vizier of the Ottoman empire.
    A Serb who started as a captured slave reached the highest position of the empire.

Sokolovic never forgot his roots.

In 1557, with the power he had, he restored the independent Serbian Orthodox Church which Turks had shut. Turks had given Serbs under authority of Greek priests.

Sokolovic restored the Serbian Orthodoxy. He put his own brother as the leader of the Serbian Church. From a historical point of view, it was a turning point as that was important move in the preservation of Serbian national identity.

Nationalism: Critical Concepts in Political Science, Volume 1
    by John Hutchinson, Anthony D. Smith
    page 1362

You see here everything the Islamic social construct is about. Well Umayyad Arabs had quality, with the Ottomans that was lowest level of trash.
    With a simple Muslim faith declaration, the person was declared equal.

Turks who were suspicious about him were silenced under blames of ''being racist''... yet history teaches us other things.

Was Sokolovic really Muslim deep in his heart, or he never forgot the family and people he came from him and served them secretly?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2021 @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,951
    Given: 5,518

2 Not allowed!

For those interested in this topic I recommend reading book "The Bridge on the Drina" written by Yugoslav writer Ivo Andric.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_on_the_Drina

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Moje ime View Post
    For those interested in this topic I recommend reading book "The Bridge on the Drina" written by Yugoslav writer Ivo Andric.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_on_the_Drina
    Yes, he made state funds spent for Orthodox regions of Bosnia including those nice bridges and monuments.
    That was good for Orthodox Serbs. Drina was always Orthodox Serbian region.

I suspect he might have had some hidden Orthodox beliefs.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

1 Not allowed!

He is buried at his complex, Sokollu Mehmed Paşa Külliyesi at the back of Eyüp Mosque, in Istanbul, at the Sokollu Mehmed Paşa Türbe built by famous architect Mimar Sinan for him c. 1572. His wife Ismihan (or Esma Han) is buried near him and in the little garden of the Türbe are buried the family and descendants of Sokollu Mehmed Pasha.

He died as muslim not christian.

He served Ottoman Empire, and his reign as "prime minister" was well received. He was more loyal than modern Turkish sellouts.

Bori is racist, he hates Ottomans, he hates me and all other non-turkic Ottomans.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Muzzie, then why your hero restored the independent Serbian Orthodox Church at a critical time when Serbs were disintegrating as nation?
    Why he made his own Christian brother the head of that restored Serbian Church?
    His burial place doesn't prove anything.

The drunk degenerate son of Hurrem married his daughter to him.

Ottomans were down and they deserved it. If you take for granted when someone says 'I became Muslim' you deserve disappearing. Same fate as Al Andulus went down.

In Turkey many people use the example of Sokolovic to spit on good part of the Ottoman system.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Böri View Post
    Muzzie, then why your hero restored the independent Serbian Orthodox Church?

The drunk degenerate son of Hurrem married his sister to him.

Ottomans were down and they deserved it. If you take for granted when someone says 'I became Muslim' you deserve disappearing. Same fate as Al Andulus went down.
    Ottoman tolerance is something UNKNOWN to primitive people like yourself.

Ottomans were far superior to anything Attaturk did or planned to do. He deceived and brainwashed you all.

But you have came here on TA forums to cure your complexes cause publicly in Turkey people would ridicule you.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Tolerance? LOL. Giving pussy to anyone who claims to be Muslim is tolerance?
    I guess we will be racists if we dig too much.
    In Turkey we call that betrayal and stupidity. Gaps and weakness of Islamic culture enable that. The Umayyads were called racist Arabs but they saved themselves from such pathetic situations. Al Andulus and Ottoman didn't do and they fell due to betrayals.

The case of Sokolovic is the perfect example how the magnificient state built by the Turks was taken down by devshirme Balkan Christian cryptos.

The guy is their grandvizier, he saves Serbian Orthodoxy and uses best state architects to build construction works where his people live. Just look at self-confidence, he makes his own brother the Head of the restored Serbian Church.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Tolerance? LOL. Giving pussy to anyone who claims to be Muslim is tolerance?
    I guess we will be racists if we dig too much.
    In Turkey we call that betrayal and stupidity.

The case of Sokolovic is the perfect example how the magnificient state built by the Turks was taken down by devshirme Balkan Christian cryptos.

The guy is their grandvizier, he saves Serbian Orthodoxy and uses best state architects to build construction works where his people live.
    I would build churches if I was Grand Vizier, religion is not imposed by force.

If I had enough Christians as subjects, I would reward their loyalty with tolerance.

But as I said you are Racist enough to be blind of things like that.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Ancestry
    Oğuz / Turcoman
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosniensis View Post
    I would build churches if I was Grand Vizier, religion is not imposed by force.

If I had enough Christians as subjects, I would reward their loyalty with tolerance.

But as I said you are Racist enough to be blind of things like that.
    And is that surprise the era of Sokolovic is also the start of Ottoman regression?
    Your people destroyed one magnificient Turkic state we built with such Tolerance, Brotherhood, Muzzie First! propaganda. We are trying to save the Republic of Turkey from falling in same situation. Religion is used to infiltrate traitors and Muslim social construct make that possible because the social construct is weak and relies on sole declaration of faith.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

Muzzie, then why your hero restored the independent Serbian Orthodox Church at a critical time when Serbs were disintegrating as nation?

The drunk degenerate son of Hurrem married his daughter to him.

In Turkey many people use the example of Sokolovic to spit on good part of the Ottoman system.
    Regardless Bosniensis admits his Serbian origin he is strongly anti-Christian (Orthodox) oriented.
    When Bosniensis talking against Orthodoxy as about some evil in the same time he talking against his ancestors which were Orthodox. Ancestors of Bosniensis converted to Islam late, probably in 18th century (most of Serbs who converted to Islam converted in 16th century).

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information