View Poll Results: Are Balkanites closer to Central Europeans or to Southern Europeans?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • To central Europeans

20 45.45%
  • To southern Europeans

24 54.55%
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Balkanites closer to Central Europeans or to Southern Europeans?

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,070
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lauχum View Post
    On this PCA, Serbs plot roughly intermediate between Czechs and Mainland Greeks. This is basically what I showed before, only that the G25 is obviously more accurate so fine scale the Serbian average was slightly closer to Mainland Greeks and Albanians than to Czechs. So no, it doesn't change anything: https://anthrogenica.com/attachment....1&d=1530020396

What I noticed on that PCA also supports what I have said: the mainland Greeks overlapped more with Bulgaria than with Sicily, and the presence of some Aegean islanders drifting toward the mainland does not mean mainland/islands are not different, just that some islands were partly repopulated.

Ortho Alpha Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    East Roman Orthodox Christian
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,070
    Given: 14,266

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    What I noticed on that PCA also supports what I have said: the mainland Greeks overlapped more with Bulgaria than with Sicily, and the presence of some Aegean islanders drifting toward the mainland does not mean mainland/islands are not different, just that some islands were partly repopulated.
    The Talmud tells us that the only language the Torah could be translated into elegantly is Greek.

Quote Originally Posted by catgeorge View Post
    Demons don't scare me.
    They should be scared of me.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    Closer to Bulgarians when compared to sicilians, but when compared with central Italians it's quite the opposite, it's Closer to central Italian populations. Maybe excluding northern half mainland. But southern half of mainland results have almost always abruzzo before Bulgaria.

The same applies for looks, I am experiencing it right now in the place that I am for vacation

Also, historically there are no massive repopulations from the mainland to any island recorded. The opposite was much more common, especially from Crete and ionian islands to South mainland

Greeks and far southern Italians can't be genetically that close to each other, as they have experienced a 4 thousands years of different history, with Greeks having more colonizations from central/northern Europe (both western and eastern) and Sicily from the Levant and North Africa

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by brennus dux gallorum View Post
    Closer to Bulgarians when compared to sicilians, but when compared with central Italians it's quite the opposite, it's Closer to central Italian populations (maybe except of northern half mainland. But southern half of mainland has almost always abruzzo before Bulgaria.

The same applies for looks, I am experiencing it right now in the place that I am for vacation
    Not even that as far as Southern Mainland is considered

Alot of South Mainland Greeks are closer to Sicilians than to Bulgarians and Abruzzo or Central Italyof course easily wins vs Bulgaria.

Also don't discount Central Greek which pops up among the closest matches for South Mainland Greeks often before Albanian and sometimes
    before Thessalian and Central Greek includes some Aegean Islands like Cyclades i think.

By the way would be interesting if someone posts some Ionian Islander results for comparison to both Mainland Greeks and Aegean Islanders

But you said in the past they are identical to South Mainland Greeks
    Right?
    The Talmud tells us that the only language the Torah could be translated into elegantly is Greek.

Demons don't scare me.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-24-2021 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Politics
    Neo-liberal
    Hero
    Sikeliot
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,258
    Given: 3,510

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cybernautic View Post
    Not even that as far as Southern Mainland is considered

Alot of South Mainland Greeks are closer to Sicilians than to Bulgarians and Abruzzo or Central Italyof course easily wins vs Bulgaria.

Also don't discount Central Greek which pops up among the closest matches for South Mainland Greeks often before Albanian and sometimes
    before Thessalian and Central Greek includes some Aegean Islands like Cyclades i think.

By the way would be interesting if someone posts some Ionian Islander results for comparison to both Mainland Greeks and Aegean Islanders

But you said in the past they are identical to South Mainland Greeks
    Right?
    Considering what I have seen here, the extremely south mainlanders, laconians and messinians are slightly closer to sicilians than to both central Italians and Bulgarians, but the vast majority of mainlanders are either closer to central Italians (south mainland) or to Bulgaria (northern mainland). But as for extremely south mainlanders, it may have to do with colonizations from Crete and next door kythera

As for ionian islands, I have never seen any result from my island (zakynthos) but I have seen from the next-door kefalonia. It's like peloponnesian maybe a little more southern, but also more northern than results from cyclades. I guess my island must be even more southern, considering its latitude and lack of Slavic toponyms (kefalonia has more)

Mind that the northern Aegean island euboia is genetically more northern than many parts of South mainland

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Olive Farmers&Fishermen
    Country
    Great Britain
    Taxonomy
    Greek Alpha
    Politics
    Goy resistance movement
    Religion
    Albanian Zen
    Relationship Status
    Part time lover
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Considering what I have seen here, the extremely south mainlanders, laconians and messinians are slightly closer to sicilians than to both central Italians and Bulgarians, but the vast majority of mainlanders are either closer to central Italians (south mainland) or to Bulgaria (northern mainland). But as for extremely south mainlanders, it may have to do with colonizations from Crete and next door kythera
    It may or may not

Some Pelopennesians who shift more North may have to do for that matter also with colonisation from Epirus and North Greeece.

As we know there have been lot of internal Greek migrations.

Why should native people in South Peloponnese be more simiar to Bulgarians than to West Cretans or people from Kythira?

It doesn't make sense to me

As for ionian islands, I have never seen any result from my island (zakynthos) but I have seen from the next-door kefalonia. It's like peloponnesian maybe a little more southern, but also more northern than results from cyclades. I guess my island must be even more southern, considering its latitude and lack of Slavic toponyms (kefalonia has more)
    Ok,thanks
    Though i can hardly think that Cylcade Islanders shift far South from all South Mainland Greeks and if Islanders from Kefalonia are in between them about what
    differences conserning Southern shiftedness are you talking. 3% or 5%?

Mind that the northern Aegean island euboia is genetically more northern than many parts of South mainland
    I don't mind

The Central Greek sample doesn't has Eubia or at least not only but other Aegean Islands i think Cyclades according to what
    Mr Sikeliot and other Greek users said themselfes.

The people of Eubia are Arvanites by the way.

However they are Islanders in terms of culture their songs and dances or more similar to Non Arvanite Aegean Islanders than to Arvanite
    folklore from Epiros

One more proof that differences in Greek folklore and music has to do more with geographical borders and go by region rather than with ethnic origins and
    or genetics

Demons don't scare me.

Banned
    Last Online
    08-01-2019 @ 07:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Hungary
    Region
    Roma
    Y-DNA
    J2a1b>M92>CTS2906>S8230>Z38463*
    mtDNA
    J1c
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,573
    Given: 3,466

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Stearsolina View Post
    Btw, I saw tons of Romanian gedmatch from Romanian guy on other site, and northern Romanians are closest to Serbs while Southern Romanians to Bulgarians. That is average.

Republic of Moldova is halfway between north Romania and Ukraine because of recent east Slavic admixture.

Eskimo isn't even Romanian. Most Romanians from Transylvania and Maramures who posted their results cluster with Serbs, not more north than that. Denmark and his brother are half Slavic from what I heard and their results are totally atypical.

Romanian members like my friend Edgabe wont agree with me, but Transylvanian Romanians did not look central European in general. To me Serbs seeem Lighter on average.
    I have said this multiple times, neither I nor my brother Deymark have any slavic parent: nor russian,ukainean neither polish,latvian.
    And just for your information by what i've seen here Transilvanian romanians and northern romanians are lighter than szekelies.The stereotype here is that szekelies are asian influenced black moustached people not blonde germans as your boyfriend tries to portrait them here, most likely just recent austro-hungarian period were they have mixed with germans,austrians,czechs etc has lightened up them a little else they wouldnt have this stereotype which is centuries old.

And i wouldnt talk about atypical results if i were you or Stears given that he claimed szekelis are purest hungarians and central europeans yet his father probably plots with some azeris and what 'saves' Stears is his german admix from his mother side.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IncelSlayer View Post
    I have said this multiple times, neither I nor my brother Deymark have any slavic parent: nor russian,ukainean neither polish,latvian.
    And just for your information by what i've seen here Transilvanian romanians and northern romanians are lighter than szekelies.The stereotype here is that szekelies are asian influenced black moustached people not blonde germans as your boyfriend tries to portrait them here, most likely just recent austro-hungarian period were they have mixed with germans,austrians,czechs etc has lightened up them a little else they wouldnt have this stereotype which is centuries old.

And i wouldnt talk about atypical results if i were you or Stears given that he claimed szekelis are purest hungarians and central europeans yet his father probably plots with some azeris and what 'saves' Stears is his german admix from his mother side.
    I didn't say Szekely are blond, They are noticably darker than Hungarians from Transdanubia for example.
    But They Were Lighter than Romanians in Transylvania that I saw.

I really saw Many real meds among Romanians there, not pontids, meds!!!

Also I wrote Szekely show some Eurasian traits including some Stears family members.
    His fathers sister looks Baskhir, but most of them are not dark and have light eyes and hair.
    Some have black hair but that is minority, i saw lot more black hair among Romanians.

Stears father probably just plots with Moldovans, most Szekely do. And I learned They Married Catholic Hungarian girls from Moldavia who Were likely genetically Moldavian. Because Szekely often escaped to Moldavia during rebelions against Habsburgs, and returned to Szekely Lands with wifes from there.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

By the way, your results are atypical as hell. It is true.

Post your MDLP K16 modern, I bet you wont get any kind of Romanian in top 20, even Moldovan will be far.

You are extremely atypical for NORTH Romanian also.

And you completely lack mongoloid admixture almost all Romanians have in small amount.

Even I score more mongoloid than you.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

1 Not allowed!

People judge ancestry according to the modern fact that Serbs (for example) speak Slavic language. But how many ancestors of modern Serbs spoke Latin? or Greek?

Some Serbs have more Balkan admixture than Romanians who speak Latin language (who are also mix of Balkan + Slavic people, hence they had those two languages and pick Latin as the only one).

Everyone is SO FAST to dismiss Serbian right to claim other half of their ancestry like Stefan Dusan did.

There is no doubt about Slavic influence, and modern Slavic identity, but wait a minute... let's not forget other half of Serbian ancestry which is South European.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread Information