Nordid-Cromagnid
    Religion
    Gnosis
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 597
    Given: 461

5 Not allowed!

Default Your Four Main Family Lines

What do you know about your four primary family lines, namely the origins of your four grandparent's families? How far have you traced them back? Where were they from, what was their ethnic background?

To start, here's mine:

Paternal Line: Scottish but an ethnically Anglo-Saxon family line (prominent in the Southeast Borders of Scotland and Northern England historically.) Unfortunately I have yet to discover the exact origin of my paternal ancestor, only know that he was born in Scotland around 1745.

Father's Mother: English, originally from Longbridge Deverill, not too far from the famous Stonehenge. I have them traced back to the late 1500s.

Mother's Father:: German, from Kallstadt in the Rhineland in Germany, same village Donald Trump's family was from. I only have the direct line back to the 1790s.

Mother's Mother: English, from Cadney in Lincolnshire just prior to immigrating to the United States, but likely from Northumberland around Morpeth originally. I have this line traced to the early 1600s.

Last Online
    12-04-2022 @ 10:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Czech
    Ancestry
    Moravia+Silesia+Bohemia=Czechia
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Moravia-Silesia
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a (R-M512)
    mtDNA
    V (V7a)
    Taxonomy
    Europithecus
    Politics
    of the all azimuths
    Hero
    Viktor Mihály Orbán
    Religion
    ČCE
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 4,545

3 Not allowed!

Paternal Line:
    Czech speaking, protestants, from northeastern Moravia, from the village where I live, I traced back the line until 1643

Father's Mother:
    Polish speaking, protestants, from Silesia (today situated at Czech Rep.), I traced back the line until 1825

Mother's Father:
    Czech speaking, Roman Catholic, from central Moravia, from the village where I live, I traced back the line until 1685

Mother's Mother:
    Czech speaking, Roman Catholic, from western Moravia (de facto at Bohemian-Moravian borderline), I traced back the line until 1778
    1984 was A Warning Not A Manual

Last Online
    09-02-2023 @ 12:55 AM
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Mestizo
    Ancestry
    British Isles, Mexico
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    Left
    Religion
    Protestant
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,734
    Given: 1,862

2 Not allowed!

Paternal Line: I don't know anything about this line, save they were Mexican and a few first names.

Father's Mother: Mexican. Don't know much about her family, save that her last names and her parent's last names are of Spanish or Basque origin. Only traced back to early 1900s but still on the hunt.

Mother's Father: English primarily with some Irish, from Wiltshire, Yorkshire and Northhamptonshire, all protestants as far as I'm aware. They spanned out across England primarily, and the ancestor with my grandfather's last name came to Canada in the 1800s. My family has traced the line back to the 1700s.

Mother's Mother: Dutch, German and Northern Irish, from Belfast. The most recent ancestor was from Belfast who came to Canada in the 1800s, others were German and Dutch but farther back. My family traced the line back to the 1700s.
    Last edited by GreentheViper; 08-17-2018 at 02:35 AM.

Bogdan

3 Not allowed!

Paternal Line: Danish and German, from the state of Schleswig-Holstein, which has gone back and forth between Germany and Denmark’s ownership throughout history. Immigrated to the US in the late 1800s, around 1892. So far I have them traced to the middle 1800s. Father’s grandmother was Irish (Cork) and English (Somerset.)

Father's Mother: French Canadians with some Scottish blood. Immigrated to the US around 1864. Roman Catholics during my father’s childhood. Traced to the early 1700s.

Mother's Father: English and Polish. The English side of his family were farmers. They could can be traced back to the earliest settlers of America and further onto 1500s England in various areas there, many from Bedfordshire. The Polish side I have so far traced back to the early 1800s in the province of Podlaskie. Christians.

Mother's Mother: Austrian and Slovak (immigrated to the US around 1906, traced to late 1800s,) French Canadian (traced to late 1700s.) Factory workers and Christians.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-15-2022 @ 07:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic,Celtic
    Ethnicity
    BRIT
    Ancestry
    England,Ireland,Scotland, Germany,Alsace,Austria
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Amazigh
    mtDNA
    J1c3
    Politics
    Freedom
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,201
    Given: 9,778

3 Not allowed!

Paternal Line: Goes directly to Somerset England,left for America sometime in the mid 1600s.West Virginia but originally from Virginia.

Father's Mother: Most Scottish,English and Irish. In that order.Originally from Virginia as well.

Mother's Father: Germans that ultimately came from Austria, as far as I can tell.A few Irish ancestors.

Mother's Mother: German from Baden-Wurttemburg. Minor English and Scottish from colonial times.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Anglo, Baltic
    Ethnicity
    English, French, Irish, Scottish, German, Distant American Indian
    Ancestry
    Mother's Side: Colonial Virginia. Fathers Side: German/Lithuania early 1900s.
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    R-M417
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-Atlantid-CM
    Politics
    Paleo Conservative
    Hero
    General Lee
    Religion
    Christian Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,028
    Given: 10,292

2 Not allowed!

Paternal Line: Germany, Lithuania
    Father's Father: Son of Germans. His mother was from Pffedersheim, and his father from Saxony. Most all German
    Father's Mother: Daughter of Lithuanians. From Vilinus Lithuanian/Baltic

Maternal Line: Ireland, Scotland, Wales, American Indian, French, Spanish
    Goes way back in Virginia and all over the American South.
    Mother's Father: Old Virginian British, Native American, French, Spanish
    Mother's Mother: Old Virginian. British/Irish, Scottish, tiny bit of German.

Last Online
    08-26-2023 @ 07:10 AM
    Ethnicity
    Taiwanese
    Country
    Taiwan
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 42

2 Not allowed!

Paternal Line
    Father's Father: Czech and German, Catholic, can trace back ancestors to a town in South Bohemia near the Czech-Austrian border and to a town in Eastern Germany
    Father's Mother: Czech, Catholic, can trace back ancestors to a town in Eastern Bohemia
    Maternal Line
    Mother's Father: Czech and French Canadian, Catholic, French Canadian ancestors were colonialists to Quebec and Czech ancestors originated in Prague
    Mother's Mother: Irish and Norwegian, Catholic but had a Lutheran Father, Irish ancestors came from the south east side of the island and I have no idea where the Norwegian ancestors came from

Thread Information