Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Foley View Post
    I like that 'their people', I see you getting used to the idea that these people dont belong in Ireland.
    Their people, meaning the Ulstermen, Ulster Scots, Protestant Ultonians or whatever they call themselves these days. How does the fact of their uniqueness, non-Englishness, non-Scottishness, infer that they don't belong in Ireland? They don't belong anywhere else.

Where do you get 'belong' from anyway? As though there were objective laws concerning this sort of thing. There is no higher justice to appeal to, just Possession. They'll still be there long after you and I have crumbled into dust. What a waste of your mental energies, to go round forever whining about them, when nothing can be done about it. Grow up and learn to live with it.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2011 @ 01:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic-Nordic
    Ethnicity
    Exile
    Politics
    Town Drunk
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswiu View Post
    Their people, meaning the Ulstermen, Ulster Scots, Protestant Ultonians or whatever they call themselves these days. How does the fact of their uniqueness, non-Englishness, non-Scottishness, infer that they don't belong in Ireland? They don't belong anywhere else.
    They see themselves as British, so if they want to be British go live in Britain, Ireland is Irish.

Last Online
    11-01-2009 @ 11:40 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtogermanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic
    Ancestry
    British Isles
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    Ontario
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    Protestant
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24

0 Not allowed!

...Ireland is Irish.
    And Ulster is British.

Life is good.
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-06-2022 @ 11:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto- Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Colonial American
    Ancestry
    English, Scots- Irish, Cajun French
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    I1- Z63
    mtDNA
    K2b1b
    Taxonomy
    Brunn, Kelto- Nordid
    Politics
    Center
    Hero
    Martin Luther, Martin Chemnitz
    Religion
    Lutheran Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,664
    Given: 10,470

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loyalist View Post
    And Ulster is British.
    It's been British since the time of King James I, by right of settlement, development and possession. The intense Protestant faith of the majority of the families that have been there since 1600, as opposed to the squatters from the Irish Republic who have chosen to invade a part of the island their ancestors had little to no part of. That's kind of like Mexicans invading an historically British former colony..like Virginia!Different cultures, languages, ways of life and peoples forced to share space with mutually alien and hostile tribes.What business has a Munster man in Belfast?

Lady Josephine Sheba of Lancaster Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-20-2016 @ 11:38 PM
    South Coast NSW - My anti gun toting Utopian paradise!
    Meta-Ethnicity
    CeltoGermanic
    Ethnicity
    AngloAustralian
    Ancestry
    Ireland, Scotland, England, Malta & Prussia - from last 200 years
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    New South Wales
    Taxonomy
    Keltic/Nordid & Bruenn
    Politics
    Libertarian, with centrist views
    Religion
    Heathen/Shaman
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

0 Not allowed!

It seems to be all too easy for some members here to discuss the nature of troubles in a country that they apparently don't even live in. I wonder what the attitude would really be like if they were to actually live there and deal with - in your face as it were.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic-Nordic
    Ethnicity
    Exile
    Politics
    Town Drunk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loyalist View Post
    And Ulster is British.
    Was British as it is Part of Ulster there are 9 counties which make up the Irish province of Ulster 3 of which have been liberated by war. 6 counties still under multicultural British occupation of those 6 Indigenous Irish now constitute a majority the other 2 the indigenous Irish will be a majority within a decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooding View Post
    It's been British since the time of King James I, by right of settlement, development and possession.
    No surrender treaty was ever signed by the Irish, the war against British multiculturalism contnued on.
    The intense Protestant faith of the majority of the families that have been there since 1600, as opposed to the squatters from the Irish Republic who have chosen to invade a part of the island their ancestors had little to no part of.
    The ancient Irish Ulaid who gave their name to Ulster and gave the ancient Ulster cycle to Irish literature from the Irish Dál Riata the ancient Gaelic kingdom. A 100% pure Celtic Ireland.
    That's kind of like Mexicans invading an historically British former colony..like Virginia!Different cultures, languages, ways of life and peoples forced to share space with mutually alien and hostile tribes.What business has a Munster man in Belfast?
    Ulster has always been the richest and most heavily populated province in Ireland thats why the British parasites took it first under Olivers army, but as demographics go the British squatter population are leaving in drovers going back to England and Lowland Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brynhild View Post
    It seems to be all too easy for some members here to discuss the nature of troubles in a country that they apparently don't even live in. I wonder what the attitude would really be like if they were to actually live there and deal with - in your face as it were.
    I have lived there, three times in fact, even as a child went to school there, my eldest sister and brother are born in Ireland, my Brother lives in Free Derry my Sister lives in Dublin. Im just so happy I am witnessing the demise of British multiculturalism, kinda of why I wont allow my country on Apricity to be shown as it would bring up the Australian flag with the Union Jack on it the shame of it all .

Banned
    Last Online
    04-28-2012 @ 04:02 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    English
    Ancestry
    Lancashire, Bernicia, Munster, Mercia etc.
    Country
    England
    Region
    Devon
    Taxonomy
    Manchester Man
    Politics
    Nationalist
    Religion
    British
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118

0 Not allowed!

Was British as it is Part of Ulster there are 9 counties which make up the Irish province of Ulster 3 of which have been liberated by war. 6 counties still under multicultural British occupation of those 6 Indigenous Irish now constitute a majority the other 2 the indigenous Irish will be a majority within a decade.
    Where do you get your figures?
    And excuse people little errors, like confusing the Six Counties with Ulster. It's not as if Ulster's borders have always been hard and fast. A good part of Louth was in it once upon a time, and the Leitrim border has shifted plenty.
    No surrender treaty was ever signed by the Irish, the war against British multiculturalism contnued on.
    A nation never signs a document, there are too many people. These things are signed by whoever has the power or recognition at the time, and have to be lived with as such, until power shifts.
    The ancient Irish Ulaid who gave their name to Ulster and gave the ancient Ulster cycle to Irish literature from the Irish Dál Riata the ancient Gaelic kingdom. A 100% pure Celtic Ireland.
    We had a 100% Celtic Britain too, in the ancient past. I suggest you look at the modern reality, instead of your 'Celtic Myths and Legends' picture-book. The population of both our main islands has never been entirely homogenous anyway. Dismiss these fantasies.
    Ulster has always been the richest and most heavily populated province in Ireland thats why the British parasites took it first under Olivers army, but as demographics go the British squatter population are leaving in drovers going back to England and Lowland Scotland
    Drovers are men who drive 'droves'.
    Ulster was never particularly rich, Leinster and Munster can easily pass it in that regard. So probably could Meath have done, when there were five provinces.
    Ulster was targetted the way it was because it had the most solid political structure, and was in good contact with Scotland's Gaels. It was the last domain of the old order, while other areas had been pacified. That's why it got the most extreme treatment.
    I have lived there, three times in fact, even as a child went to school there, my eldest sister and brother are born in Ireland, my Brother lives in Free Derry my Sister lives in Dublin. Im just so happy I am witnessing the demise of British multiculturalism, kinda of why I wont allow my country on Apricity to be shown as it would bring up the Australian flag with the Union Jack on it the shame of it all .
    Oh, you must feel so terrible every second of every day and night, as you think, speak and even dream in our language!

Oh, and Gooding, the non-Loyalists in the 6 counties are not all from other provinces. Quite a few have been there all along. They may now form the minority of that group, I couldn't say.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Taxonomy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85

0 Not allowed!

The intense Protestant faith of the majority of the families that have been there since 1600, as opposed to the squatters from the Irish Republic who have chosen to invade a part of the island their ancestors had little to no part of.
    My partners family has lived in Antrim for longer than there has been a presence of Normans in Ireland.

She has as much right to settle there than any other.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic-Nordic
    Ethnicity
    Exile
    Politics
    Town Drunk
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Where do you get your figures?
    And excuse people little errors, like confusing the Six Counties with Ulster. It's not as if Ulster's borders have always been hard and fast. A good part of Louth was in it once upon a time, and the Leitrim border has shifted plenty.

A nation never signs a document, there are too many people. These things are signed by whoever has the power or recognition at the time, and have to be lived with as such, until power shifts.

We had a 100% Celtic Britain too, in the ancient past. I suggest you look at the modern reality, instead of your 'Celtic Myths and Legends' picture-book. The population of both our main islands has never been entirely homogenous anyway. Dismiss these fantasies.

Drovers are men who drive 'droves'.
    Ulster was never particularly rich, Leinster and Munster can easily pass it in that regard. So probably could Meath have done, when there were five provinces.
    Ulster was targetted the way it was because it had the most solid political structure, and was in good contact with Scotland's Gaels. It was the last domain of the old order, while other areas had been pacified. That's why it got the most extreme treatment.
    Obviously no points have been made here.
    Oh, you must feel so terrible every second of every day and night, as you think, speak and even dream in our language!
    No Im just embarrassed of being born in a country that still has that ridiculous flag of a ridiculous people. I like Americas flag the people who had the guts to fight and pull away.

Life is good.
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-06-2022 @ 11:34 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto- Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Colonial American
    Ancestry
    English, Scots- Irish, Cajun French
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Virginia
    Y-DNA
    I1- Z63
    mtDNA
    K2b1b
    Taxonomy
    Brunn, Kelto- Nordid
    Politics
    Center
    Hero
    Martin Luther, Martin Chemnitz
    Religion
    Lutheran Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,664
    Given: 10,470

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wat Tyler View Post
    My partners family has lived in Antrim for longer than there has been a presence of Normans in Ireland.

She has as much right to settle there than any other.
    At least.More, even. I see Brynhild's point, too, though. Much of what we have here( in the United States) is information collected from the POV of Irish Americans who came here over the last century, whilst the POV of the Scotch-Irish deals now more with the appalling conditions of Appalachia and government exploitation of the Scotch-Irish heartland. Why discuss the troubles of a country that we know about solely through ancestral memories and folktales? On account of the fact that in this multicultural paradigm we were raised with, now it's fashionable for Americans to focus on their families' points of origin rather than the land they and their grandparents know.It seems to me that "everyone wants to be a foreigner", as if this land weren't good enough for them.Therefore, we keep abreast of international news and focus on our ancestral countries and participate in discussions about them.Very vehemently, in truth. Hell, I still speak French (more or less, rather less and badly, really) and I can be reduced to tears when France is maligned, yet the Creole heartland remains in Louisiana.I'm equally passionate( at least) about my heritage in other lands, yet my Fatherland remains on this side of the Atlantic, although I remember and cherish my roots from elsewhere.Scotland, England, Ulster, Germany and Switzerland are the "elsewheres".I'd be emotionally paralyzed if French and German folks went after each other here I don't like choosing sides, but I would invariably side with my own.
    Last edited by Gooding; 07-24-2009 at 09:42 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information